BestBrandValues / Membership fraud

BestBrandValues. Complete fraud. I didn't catch the 9.95 per month for membership for 11 months after ordering a movie for a reduced price from an affiliated site (hotmoviesale.com). This is fraud pure and simple. I lost over a hundred dollars before I could cancel. Now my credit card company says they can't do anything about it because I signed up for the membership. I didn't! I had no password and never received ANY notification that I was a member. All the membership info is tiny and misleading. Stay away from this company. They will take your money.

Ju

Comments

• Da
      29th of Oct, 2008
    videos - cancel order

I had submitted an email to cancel my order and not to charge my account for anymore orders but today I received another video. I would like this to STOP immediately.

• Or
      7th of Apr, 2011

BestBrandValue - - I just found their charge of $9.95 on my credit card -for the last 2 months, and my credit card did reverse the charges. I have no idea who or what this retailer is but I do know I did not knowingly sign up with them or authorize them charging me a monthly fee.

• Mh
      25th of Aug, 2011

I had the same experience, but I was charged $19.99 per month. I did not catch it either. This company said I signed up when I received my discounted Dora movie. Yes it was discounted, I paid
    $200.00 for that movie! Stay away from this company and HotMovieSale.com.

• Sh
      5th of Dec, 2011

Like the previous buyers of discounted DVDs I too fell into this trap. This month I had a rather large charge to my Credit Card & noticed I had 2 charges from "HotMovieSale.com" & both were on the 27th of each of the last 2 months, Then I checked my past 6 months statements & found that I was charged $9.95 on each 27th of the month. I too never had a password & had not knowingly authorized this fee to be taken from my account. I immediately called them of the telephone but all I got was a recording stating that they had a large volume of calls & to stay on the line. After waiting for about 15 mins I gave up & went into their Web Site. Not having a password I had to click on the prompt to get a password, which I got via E-mail. I was then able to get into my account & it was then I found out this was indeed a membership charge. I promptly cancelled this membership & got a confirmation of my cancellation. Like the previous letter writers I had bought a DVD from them, in fact checking out my old receipts I had evidently purchased 4 disks. For me that computes to an additional $15 per disk over the original price of the disk. Hardly a discount. This is obviously a scam & people should be aware of this underhand behavior.

• Gl
      25th of Jun, 2013

I was scammed by BestBrandValues (BBV). I bought a video from BestBrandValues on-line for 25 cents for a student of mine for a Language Arts writing assignment. To qualify for free shipping I had to agree to try out a product of theirs. So I agreed. I got the .25 cent video, but I never got anymore videos to try out. I also never got notices (to see if I was satisfied or not etc.) or announcements or anything to let me know that I was paying for an ongoing product. So I forgot all about it, but they didn't. They continued charging me a monthly fee of $9.95 for fifteen months. I didn't notice the charge on my account because it doesn't really describe what I'm getting for $9.95. It basically just has numbers and letters on them. So I thought it was fast food or something like that. Today as I was reviewing my account, I couldn 't remember eating out and spending $9.95 so I looked it up and was shocked that it was a company that sold videos, only I hadn't bought any! I had completely forgotten about that .25 cent video because that's the only video I had ever purchased on-line. When I called to complain, they basically said, "Too bad loser, you agreed to it, so you won't get your money back." I can't believe companies are allowed to do business like this and get away with it. Now I don't know what to do to try and get my money back, especially since I used my debit card instead of my credit card. I hope the public is alerted so business like BestBrandValues go out of business due to unethical business practices or to pressure them to change their way of doing business.

• Ge
      19th of Feb, 2014

This company is total fraud- 19.95 for months. They never sent even advertising e-mails to give a clue of what they were doing.. I should have paid more attention to my statements- it was just a charge in a bunch of others.