Bestbookings.com / False Booking - Is it fraud?

1 Australia Review updated:

Further to my previous email last week, on January 26 your company processed a charge of $294.00 US through my Capital One Mastercard. This was for the booking of the Hotel Aspire/Aspen in Sydney Australia for February 25/26. In return I received a Voucher from Moss travel, for the period mentioned, for the Aspen Hotel. . I have since been advised by bestbookings.com, your affiliate, that the Hotel did not confirm the reservation. A check with the Hotel revealed that your voucher is worthless. Bestbookings .com offered several alternatives, one of which was the Aspire Hotel, in effect the same place. I chose it and it was not available. None of the other alternatives offered were remotely equivalent since we need a downtown location. On the third round of this process, I chose the Y Hyde Park, but so far have heard nothing.
If I do not have confirmation, and a legitimate voucher for a suitable hotel by the end of Business day February 22, I will have no choice other than to make a booking with another company, and demand a full refund to my Mastercard [protected].

I find it very unusual business practice that your company would take the funds and then issue a worthless voucher. I have used this process before with other companies and never experienced such a problem. Incidentally, you should be aware that Capital One contacted me before payment to you about whether fraud had occurred. as they were most suspicious. I advised them that since I had a voucher, I believed at the time that the charge was legitimate.

You may contract me via earl.hotrum@alumni.utoronto.ca

Earl Hotrum (earl.hotrum@alumni.utoronto.ca)

Comments

24th of Mar, 2010

Moss Travel is a FRAUD.

My friends and I have been through a similar experience where we were issued with a voucher, but when I checked with the hotel in Paris I was told that there was no bookings in our names and that they do not have any contacts or done any business with this Tukish Moss Travel. I tried phoning and faxing in vain. The only way to contact them is through their site. They informed me that 7 days before my arrival the hotel will get the list of our names. But the hotel did not get anything as Ikept in contact with the hotel.

Thank God for the Visa GOLD which refunded our money.

My husband and I received a cancellation 6 days before due date, while my friends were NOT EVEN CONTACTED by Moss Travel. We booked with booking.com just in time to save our nearly ruined holiday.

• Ea
      24th of Mar, 2010

11 Days after the 10 day refund promise, I contacted them. They responded saying that they would notify their ban. After 17 days nothing. I sent another email, recieved no response, and advised my credit card company. I will get a full refund under their idemity plan. In addition I recommended that Moss travel have its credit card privileges . My credt card company had no comment other than to say that they not like fraud.

The good news is I will get my money back.

Cheers, Earl

26th of Apr, 2010

Hi,
    Further to my Paris booking with MOSS TRAVEL since then I was refunded the money by my Credit Card BOV Bank. Then after some time MOSS refunded the money. Now my bank has adjusted my account and took back the sum.
    Cannot understand why Moss is doing this: booking, taking the money immediatly, cancelling at the last minute and then refunding after two months.
    Are they making money from the interest that they get through the bank on our money.
    Must be something like that. Puzzled.

Regards from Malta.