BESTBANK / Shady Business Practices

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

BestBank is one of the worst banks I ever dealt with! I opened an account there because I was trying to support a smaller bank since all these Banking issues were going on in our country. So I wanted to move from Bank of America however I decided to still use my BofA account and just test BestBank.

My complaint is very simple. I hardly used the account and had $2.07 in the checking. On a Thursday night I deposited $115 CASH at the branch via ATM. Now mind you that ALL banks and it was posted on BestBanks website that CASH deposits are available on the same day. However I knew that it was Thursday evening and my funds wouldn't be actually entered until the next morning when the staff arrived and checked the ATM. So Friday evening I used my debit card for $15. On Saturday I checked my balance and BestBank charged a NSF for $25. And my balance showed a negative balance!

How is that possible, I called the bank just to be on hold for 10min and nobody ansering, I called the branch. The lady asked me if I had an advance or owed the bank and I said no. It only shows that my $115 CASH deposit was not cleared and it didn't show on Saturday either.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau because BestBank is engaging in less than honest business practices, charging fees for situations that are not warranted.

I also noticed with their EZ Advance they have the right to reject but you still pay the $25 application fee. I tried to use on 3 occasions, the first 2 times I didn't meet the deposit requirement. the 1st I didn't pay attention and dind't know you had to have $500 deposited each month for 3 months to be qualified. So the 2nd time I thought it was 3 statements so I was rejected then the 3rd time I made sure that I had way more than $500 monthly deposits for more than 3 calendars months consecutively but I was still rejected. When contacting customer service they told me I didn't meet the deposit requirement and they didn't show about 4 deposits I made. So I took a screen shot of ALL of my deposits and emailed them back. Their response was that they weren't able to handle this matter and a Branch specialst would call me to resolve the matter. This Branch specialist didn't call back ever.

As soon as I get the money refunded I will close the account down and I now bank with BofA and Suntrust screw these little banks seems like they don't have the technology and resource to correctly handle individual accounts

Comments

• Ha
    BESTBANK - worst bank

I WITHRAWN MONEY ON A NON BESTBANK ATM, NO MONEY WAS TAKEN OUT DUE TO NO PHONE SIGNAL... THAT WAS ON THE WEEKEND I CALLED BESTBANK ON MONDAY AND THEY CHARGE THAT WITHRAWN, NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TO 7 TO 10 BUSINESS TO RECOVER MY MONDAY, , , THIS COMPANY PRACTICE IS WACK... DONT EVER OPEN AN ACCOUNT WITH BEST BANK.. ALSO THIER CUSTOMER SERVICE ARE SO UNPROFESIONAL REGARDING HELPING CONSUMER... STAY AWAY ... HOPE THIS BANK WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS IN A YEAR...

5th of Aug, 2009

THIS BANK HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ...DONT EVER PUT YOUR MONEY ON THIS BANK ... RUN AWAY

WITHRAWN ALL YOUR MONEY... TAKE IT TO OTHER BANK

• Ed
      13th of May, 2011

I have just one thing to say to "Here We Go Again" - TheLoveFistII is not a bank, Bestbank is a bank. When Bestbank make a mistake there may be greater consequences than when TheLoveFistII make a mistake.

• Az
      3rd of Apr, 2012
    BESTBANK - OD Charges for all
    BestBank
    Lil
    Georgia
    arfpages.com

Not because it's fair, but because they can.
    Three Hundred Ninety Two dollars for a $3.57 overdraft.
    As a disabled person getting paid once a month, I tried to reason with them.
    They credited 3 of the 14 OD charges they assessed my account .
    A full 25% of my May disability check disappeared ...
    Not because it's fair, but because they can.

• Az
      4th of Apr, 2012

BestBank has completely resolved my complaint.
    Nikki in the customer service department couldn't have handled it better.
    Where the people on the phone (at BestBank) were unable/unwilling to help, Nikki came through.
    Even though BestBank has NO branches in the state I live, I will be staying with BestBank because
    of people like Nikki in the customer service department.

• Th
      4th of Apr, 2012

You're the one that opted-in to receive these overdraft fees in the first place deciding that the ability to overdraft $3 is worth the cost of overdraft fees the bank disclosed to you. Someone who is not working should have ample time to balance their checkbook and avoid this predicament in the first place. Better yet, why don't you take your computer/ photoshopping skills so beautifully displayed here and get a job instead of wasting tax payers hard earned money.

• Sw
      14th of Feb, 2014

It happened to me too. I am soo mad at them right now. I will go
    into the branch let them know and close my account. They charged me overdraft
    also pending a merchant's attempt to withdraw the day before it came through,
    two times. It happened once before but this time, such a big domino affect. Its
    like they sit and wait to see whats coming and charge you. I am soooo furious. No courtesy toward their
    customers. She lied in customer service saying they give their customers a courtsey call. Liar Liar Liar. My cell phone is updated
    and I answer every call i get. I will let everyone i know who bank there what has happened
    to me and warn anyone who plan to join. I am tired of it. They do not care
    about their customers. I was 11 cents short and was charged $37.00 three times
    and then a continue fee of $36.00. They won't give me my money back, well you
    will lose many more customers. I live on my computer, I interact with many
    people and have much time.