Best Rate Freight Services / Damaged my car

I found Best Rate Freight Service after doing an internet search. I saw their website at yousetyourprice.com, and decided to contact them for a quote.I contracted Best Rate Freight Service to pick up my car in Atlanta, GA, and deliver to Newark, NJ. They responded with a quote of $500 (Quote #[protected]). They charged my credit card $100.00.

My car was picked up on September 28th and delivered on September 30th. I paid the driver in cash $400.00.

I advised the driver of the rear damage on the car, and he said he picked it up in that condition. I tried to contact the previous owner on Saturday, Sept. 30th, but was only able to speak with him on Monday, Oct. 2. He denied that the car was damaged and can supply witnesses to that effect.The driver did not give me a condition report, nor did he give a condition report at the time of pick up.

Best Rate Freight Service initially failed to return my calls and to address how they are going to resolve the damage to my car. So far, they have not resolved the issue of the damage to my car and I have no option but to file suit against them.

I would not recommend Best Rate Freight Service to anyone. In my opinion, they should be avoided at all cost.

Best Rate Freight Services
7467 Dakota Street
Norfolk, VA 23505

website: yousetyourprice.com

D  29th of Jan, 2007 by
It is most unfortunate when any of our customers are dis-satisfied and I personally work with each of these customers to resolve their complaint to the best of all concerned. First of all, we are brokers: We arrange/contract with various carriers to transport our customers cars. In no way form or fashion are we directly responsible for damages to any of our customer's vehicles. This is disclosed on our web-site with other instructional information intended to make the transport worry and complaint free. Namely, a condition report is critical at both locations. It is the customer's responsibility to ensure they obtain copies of this report and that both reports are accurate. Failing to get these forms created numerous problems when claims are voiced. No Carrier or Insurance company will honor any claim without these forms being completed at the destination before the carrier has left the delivery location. Customer Bruno is no exception, I worked with him as best I could and had the carrier to fax me copies of the condition report. I do not know who (the customer or the carrier) is being untruthful. We move thousands of vehicles annually, are members of the BBB, and actually believe customer service is our lifeblood. We ask customers to partner with us to make sure all bases are covered to help ensure a solid legal position is established if something goes wrong. Claims initiated without accurate and complete information not collected with witnesses do not provide a legal position. It is most regrettable, but, when the customer fails to adhere to the procedures outlined, complaints can and do arise.
A  3rd of Feb, 2007 by
It is even more unfortunate when the company that you contract to transport your property is completely dishonest with you. Mr. Freddy L. Champion never contacted me and, as far as I know, never did anything to try to resolve my claim.

Best Rate Freight Services subcontracted the freight contract to a totally incompetent person. That is their problem, not mine.

My car remains damaged and they refuse to help in anyway. Litigation will be the only way to resolve this matter.

On a positive note, I'm glad that I have helped others avoid doing business with Best Rate Freight Service and Mr. Freddy L. Champion.

Again, if you do business with this organization, you will regret it.
A  27th of Feb, 2007 by
Update: I have filed suit against Freddy Champion D/B/A Best Rate Freight Services.

Case Number: ESX DC-004203-07

I'll keep everyone posted on the result of the suit.

Thanks for everyone's support and emails.

And for those who are considering doing business with this company, my experience should be enough for you to run, not walk, away from them.
A  9th of Jan, 2008 by
Judgment was entered against Freddy L. Champion, DBA Best Rate Freight Services on Oct. 15, 2007 in the amount of $3,964.22.

Essex County Court - Newark, NJ
Case Number: ESX DC-004203-07

Mr. Champion has not satisfied the Judgment as of this date.

I have no choice but to first go after his bond. Should that fail, then the credit reporting agencies will be notified, as well as Dun and Bradstreet. I will also have to domesticate the Judgment in Virginia, then proceed to seize assets.

I really hate doing this, but these people caused me damages and I intend to recover every cent.

The bad publicity this has caused Best Rate Freight Services, and Mr. Champion's reputation have easily cost them $4,000 in lost business.

Thanks for everyone's support in spreading the word about this freight company.

I'll keep everyone posted on any updates.