Best of the Bay / No credibility

1 San Jose, CA, United States Review updated:

There is no credibility to this show. They sold us a spot on their show claming we would have exclusivity in our category and county for the duration of our contract. At the time we signed on they aired 1 day per week. By the time we signed we were told the show was doing so well that they were moved from Sundays to Saturdays and in addition they will also air on Wednesdays. We would be covered in both the Sat and Wed air times.

A couple months into this we find out that our competitor 10 minutes away from us is also featured on their website and show! It turns out they now come on 3 days a week, Sat, Sun and Wed. I spoke to the shows producer to find out how this could have happened. He told me you do have exclusivity...for our Saturday and Wednesday spot and they have exclusivity for Sundays. He tells me "you are in the top 2 spots, isn't that good enough?" Really Gilbert? They are basically giving you an award that is only good on a certain day of the week.

We did not sign on to be in the top 2. You sold us on being "the only one in our county in that category to have that title"

More Best of the Bay Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• To
      15th of Feb, 2009

A "Best of the Bay" rep called my friend's restaurant, and told him that he has the best Japanese restaurant in the area, and wanted to do an exclusive on his establishment.

Our originally impression was that this was something that no one could pay or bribe their way into the show. As soon as they ask my friend for $1000 a month for every month just to air his restaurant in the show, I told my friend that this was not want we thought it was.

"Best of the Bay" certainly is not a show that features best restaurants or other best businesses in its class or in a district, it is not even part of KRON 4 where the show was aired.

"Best of the Bay" is an infomercial show, aka magazine, that features paying businesses, with the show host talking small talks with strangers in the street in between infomercials, so that the audience would not be aware of the fact that they were watching paid advertisements, and that's their formula.

• To
      15th of Feb, 2009

In response to the first posting by "Not Happy"... if you have to buy a spot that they "sold" you, how is that "an award"?

15th of Sep, 2009

And to think a similar show will air in Los Angeles some time or another.
    Is there really a best of the best?