Best Health Magazine / False Advertising

Reader's Digest
My complaint concerns FALSE ADVERTISING and the waste of paper and my time.

I received a card with my latest subscription stating that if I log in to www.besthealthmag.ca/surprise that "A FREE SURPRISE GIFT IS WAITING FOR YOU!"

I finally decided to take the time to check out what the "free surprise gift" was just for fun. I am hardened to the concept that anyone, especially company's in the business of making money really care to give away anything without trying to get something in return.

Of course, I found that indeed there were free gifts along with sending me other items to look at and then have to pay to return if I chose not to accept them but I could keep the free gifts. Not worth it unless I wanted the books in the first place.

I got the magazines I wanted and now I am beginning to feel that I am being harassed. I thought Reader's Digest was a respectable company but I am re evaluating my opinion and will not likely order any more products from them in the future when these subscriptions run out. I hope they are reading these complaints and learn something about HONESTY IN ADVERTISEMENT. I don't hold out any hopes of that happening because it is probably working for them on some level.

More Best Health Magazine Complaints & Reviews

Plus Best Health Magazine - cancellation [1]

N  28th of Feb, 2009 by

Best Health Magazine - gift offers
St Laurent

They send flyers with the magazines offering "surprise" gifts and a chance to win aeroplan miles, but the websites do not exist. I will not be renewing my subscription when it comes due.