Best Grant for You/New Grant for you / Best Grant for You/New Grant for You

I was charged $1.95 from a company called "Best Grant for You, " with a toll-free number listed of [protected], along with 4 other charges to 4 other companies, all of which were not made by me. Customer Service answered after a fairly short wait on hold, asked me for my last name and zip code, asked me if an e-mail address they had listed for me was legitimate (it was not), asked if the phone number they had listed for me was legitimate (it was not), and asked if my mailing address was correct (it was). The woman seemed unsurprised that the charge was illegitimate and immediately gave me a Cancellation Number and an e-mail address to write to, support@grantresearchguide.com and said I should enter "ATTN: Jarvis" in the subject line, and in the body of the e-mail I should include the Cancellation Number she had given me and inform Jarvis that this was an illegitimate charge. She then gave me an IP address for the computer of origin for the charge, said it was in Georgia, and that I should call my local police department to let them know what happened. This all sounded fine, but since she said I could only get the charges reversed by sending off that e-mail and waiting for someone there to respond, I decided to call my bank right away. My bank recommended I have them cancel my card right away while we were talking on the phone, and then took all the information for the charges, asking me to double check my online bank statement as we spoke on the phone to be sure that I gave her all the charges that I believed to be unauthorized, so that she could put them all on her claim. She then issued me a new card to be sent to me through the mail, gave me a claim number, and arranged to send me a claim form in the mail. She told me that 2-3 days after they received my written claim, the bank's research team would have the illegal charges verified and give me a temporary credit for the amount I had lost until the original charges were successfully reversed. She also recommended that I sign up for some form of identity theft prevention program (such as Lifelock, Identity Watchdog, etc.) so that they could find out if any new/illegitimate/illegal accounts had been started lately under my name. What a hassle, but I felt better calling the bank directly, knowing that they were opening a claim while we spoke on the phone, and beginning the research as soon as my written claim was mailed back to them. The bank representative also offered to fax me the claim form tonight, but I don't have access to a fax at home, and could not remember the fax number at work.

Ag

Comments

26th of Jan, 2009

I just went through the same thing!!! They charged us the $1.95. Then a week later I found a charge of $68.13!. The first person I spoke with told me that those charges were non refundable. I had to hang up on him because he was getting crappy. I called right back to ask what number I needed to give to my attorney so he could call and take care of this situation for me. The lady I spoke to this time told me he could call the same number you just mentioned and speak to anyone. I told her that I have no heat for the rest of the week due to the fact that they took everylast dime I had. She told me that she would put the money back. Is it just me or is this place bad news when they are afraid of the mention of an attorney?

• Bl
      3rd of Feb, 2009

I just tried to get my refund and they informed me that they did not care about groceries and gas they did not have a way to refund the account right now and she hung up on me. I need to call back. My bank said they cannot do anything about the charges and I will have to wait to see if they can ever do anything because they are all in pending status. I am so angry. I sent a scathing email to "Jarvis" and am just praying now. Anybody have anyfurther advice?

9th of Feb, 2009

Ironically, I just checked my online banking and found the same charges ($68.13). I went to their website and their customer support page does not work. You can fill in all the informaton, but it will not submit. I found the 800 number on this site and I am currently trying to reach them on the phone to resolve this matter. Wish me luck.

• Au
      9th of Feb, 2009

I also found these same charges on my statement today and am currently on eternal hold with the company. If you hear anything please let me know. I'm so upset. They're hurting everyday working people and then we can't pay what we need to. Do they think we all have thousands of dollars and we won't notice?

• Mi
      9th of Feb, 2009

It happened the same thing to me also. I just saw my online statement & the same person(" Company") robbed my account an amount of $58.20. I called my bank to stop the payment but they said it is on hold now & I have to dipute the charges tomorrow. Is this a legal on line robbery?

Mitiku from Burke

• Cn
      10th of Feb, 2009

Holy crap! The same thing just happened to me! This is insane. Is there not anything we can do about it. I called the 800 number and a guy answered and told me that systems were down could I call back in 45 min. What a joke..

• Cg
      15th of Feb, 2009

I called my bank and they told me the only thing I could do to make sure that I wasn't charged anymore was to cancel that card and get a new one...credit/debit...

• Ms
      16th of Feb, 2009

Holy crap, what will they think of next? I have not been taken advantage of in a long time and considered myself internet savvy. Well I guess daddy was right, If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. I will be canceling my card ASAP.

• Ms
      16th of Feb, 2009

This was the bogus ad that led me to the grant ad. I read the fine print and this company is doing business from the Philippines. It states that in layman's terms, you are not going to get a refund just because you did not read the terms. That it was a 7 day trial offer, I only looked at it that one day and none of the links would connect. I did not know there was a recurring charge. It did not even give me info to cancel. This is legal thievery. And this Jay guy was listed as being from SA, TX I live there, so sad.

• Ji
      18th of Feb, 2009

### these clowns! Anyone who would rip a person off like that should be executed.

• Po
      25th of Feb, 2009

1-877-260-9455 Customer Support for these FRAUDS!! Give them HELL, the DESERVE it! They charged me $68.13 TWICE, on the same day and only 1min apart!! They have an F rating through the BBB