Best Engine Exchange / bad product

1 10250 e apache trailMesa, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4802701619

moved locations after bbb was after them, remember the name "roman" and "eric", they are crooks. bought a motor from them and it was seized after being told it was all new internal parts. also they will not return the core charge of 200 dollars. these people need to be put out of business.

More Best Engine Exchange Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Mi
      20th of Apr, 2009

Very strongly dissagree. The thing is all these complaints that I heard from the coustomer are one sided. The thing is there is a break in procedure that if not followed can cause big problems. these companys are doing many motors and have very few complaints. Usualy when you here stuff like this its because the coustomer dose not want to work with the company and end up paying in the end. Hopefully all goes well for both.

• Ke
      16th of Jun, 2009

Engine Exchange is the best!

• Li
      21st of Jun, 2009

FOR THOSE WHO DISAGREE!

Best Engine Exchange 10250 E. Apache Trail Mesa, Az. 85220 Salesman; Roman 5/2/09 Vehicle ready, paid $4178.64 to get less than 600 miles. This shop tows vehicle back. Not only Do they STILL HAVE MY TRUCK 6/21/09 but is called Lets Make A Deal (same location) Salesman; Racheal (480-380-0033 0ff 602-692-2959 cell). At first, she sounded real comforting, only because I've been working out of state since the original install. After continuos promiss dates turned into being left on hold I decided to fly in and face them in person only to be told another lie. Tried to retrieve pesonal belongings from vehicle only to be denied, tried to take pictures of MY VEHICLE (for security purpose) only to be denied. MY VEHICLE now sits in front of thier facility WITH NO ENGINE only to be towed at my expense. I now have no block (Powerstroke) or attachments. This company has stole my engine (approx. $15, 0000.00) and I've lost $4178.64. This company is FRAUD and they are THIEVES. I don't understand how these criminals are allowed to purchase a business license (THE RIGHT OF THEFT) instead of being locked in prison.

• Kk
      11th of Jul, 2009

Drove by today, closed on a Saturday??? Maybe closed for good?? Looking for others that have been denied warranty work or replacement as promised by Best Engines, Engine Exchange or Let's Make a Deal. Must provide details and contact information to be taken seriously. I'm ready to make this a legal issue. Email me at kkol1964@gmail.com

• Dr
      16th of Jul, 2009

This place is a rip off. They where to build my motor for my work van and after being promised that it would take 7 days it took over 20 days and after lies and more lies by rachel i went and towed my vehicle. then they told me i owed them. I am trying to get the money back that i paid out.

• Dr

they have also changed there name to LETS MAKE A DEAL

• Nz
      16th of Jul, 2009

Wish I had known the real name of the company prior to bringing my vehicle there! I thought I was dealing with Let's make a deal automotive, which has no complaints. My vehicle was towed in on 6/3/09 with a promised completion date of 6/17/09, but it's still there today, 7/16/09!!! I drop by the shop for the lie of the day told by Rachel. First it was part needed, then a sensor light, then the mechanic quit, then the air tools were stolen (maybe they were repossessed? - who knows - they lie to customers, so they probably lie to vendors, that's my opinion), then another part is needed. I'm dropping by this morning to hear today's lie. I've also contacted an attorney, and the attorney general. Check out the photos - each day my car is supposed to be ready, I stop by for the lie du jour and photo shoot.

• Bu
      13th of Aug, 2009

Had my engined delivered to them on June 24, 2009. Was told total cost out the door with a 5 year warranty would be $1200.00 and would take about a week. On numerous occasions called to get the status ...lies, lies and more lies. On August 11th they actually went to deliver to my mechanic the rebuilt engine. They showed up with parts in the back seat the parts in the trunk of a small car. Refused the delivery and spoke with Rachel about getting my deposit back. She said NO and we are keeping the core on the engine as well. These people are total crooks and need to be run out of town. They have been evicted from other locations and they just move down the street and/or change their name and continue ripping off the consumer. I have contact 3 on your side about these people and the attorney general. Hopefully we can shut them down.

26th of Sep, 2009

Does anyone have the address or phone # to the Lets Make a Deal shop? My warranty is no good if I can't find them. (sounds like even if i found them it would still be worthless) I had my engine rebuilt a year ago and the car won't run anymore. Sounds like a piston is loose.
    JoJo

• Kk
      30th of Sep, 2009

They have moved again, this time to Phoenix. Using the name Engine RX at 1323 N. 22nd Ave, phone number is 602.253.7799. When we called today they told us that the phone company was working on their lines and number they had in Mesa should work also. Good Luck. If you find yourself getting the run around there is a group of us trying to get the Attorney General involved. If your engine repair is not very much, I would recommend that you go that route as many of us have been promised our engines repaired and are still being promised months later. After three months and the threat of a call to the sheriff's department, we were given our core and parts that were not ours. We don't even have enough correct parts to pay to have our engine rebuilt by someone else. We still continue to call every couple of days and are told that they are still looking for our parts. I know we are not the only ones who continue to call. You would think they would fix things just to stop the phone calls. Hopefully, this will save you the continued aggrevation that we have all experienced. My email address is kkol1964@gmail.com

2nd of Nov, 2009

We are going though the same thing they had our car for over a year now The Engine they put in the car lasted one week Someone has stole most of the parts. When I talked with Rachel two weeks ago they needed a fly wheel I make one phone call to Alma Imports they have all the parts Rachel needs How hard it it to find parts 1st they lost the computer brain they they found it We have contacted the att. general as well Has 3 on your side done anything? My email is got realtor@live.com

2nd of Nov, 2009

We took our engine to Best Engine Exchange 8223 E. Mesa, Az 85207 in March, we were quoted $995.00 for a complete rebuild. After two weeks they wanted to charge another $175.00 because they told me the engine I brought them was different then what they thought. From that point on everytime I called they said the engine was still at the machine shop and would be done in 3 days. That went on for 25 days. Then I was told they broke the head and had to replace the crank. I spoke to Roman on April 13th, he said it would be done on the 15th for sure, if it wasn't done they would take $150.00 off. I went to Best Engine to pick up my engine on April 16th from Prescott, AZ and it still wasn't back from the machine shop. Then they charged me another $125.00 for the crank, but they would ship it to my house for "free". Engine never ran right after installed. Friday, October 30th I lost the #1 cylinder no compression. We called 4809621761 # is disconnected. justincluff@gmail.com

2nd of Nov, 2009

Correction to the above comment. I took my engine to 10250 E Apache Trail location. The address which was on the receipt was 8223 E. Main St Mesa, AZ 85207. I am willing to help in anyway. Feel free to call me 480-861-7995

• Iw
      13th of Nov, 2009

This company is a scam, and is currently under investigation. Do Not Bring YOUR Vehicle Here, Rachel, and the entire Family is in on the scam!!! Call Me (602) 399-2963

• Ci
      3rd of Dec, 2009

I called in today to the Engines RX number (finally I found the damn number to reach them because of this complaint board) and TAMMY had told me that the owner died and it messed up the company somehow so they couldn't grant my five warranty I had on my engine. Only using the engine for maybe a five months, I had it towed to a shop after it gave out on the freeway, they said that something was loose in the engine. I told them not to touch it because it was under warranty, but now it looks like I'll have to go spend way more money than I should have to and ask them to repair it. About four months ago I had noticed something wrong with the engine, and we called them at his point too. They were still in Mesa at the time. I spoke with a woman who said she was going to have Rachel cal me back on the matter and she never did. They also never answered my calls after that point. I want to help get this whole family behind bars and am willing to do so however I can. CierraHuff@gmail.com

• Bl
      3rd of Dec, 2009

The owner died over a year ago It was an older man who did a great he put an engine in my Blazer over 3 years ago and when I brought it in for warranty work the shop on Broadway was no longer there they had moved somewhere down town Mesa area I just had the oil and trans fluid leaking from the seals which Roman said was not under warranty Howerer they where putting a new engine in my daughter car. So they didn't charge me. But they held my Blazer hostage untill we paid them for her car 1st her car was suppose to be 1500 out the door and it turned into 2300 and we bought most of the parts so we gave them 1800 cash out the door the car lasted one week and the engine siezed that was over a year ago still getting the run around the Att general called @ left a msg on my cell saying there was nothing they could do .I wrote 3 on you side today and think I am going to report the car stolen. I would like to start a class action suit How many people want to pickit in front in of their shop

• En
      8th of Dec, 2009

We are the owners of EnginesRx, Inc. and wish to clear up any confusion that might be caused by this complaint. EnginesRx, Inc. is a new company created by new owners. Our only involvement with "Let's Make A Deal Automotive" was the purchase of their assets, which included engine parts, office equipment, and a backlog of work, in September of 2009. We have had no involvement in the ownership or operation of “Let’s Make a Deal Automotive” or “Best Engine Exchange.” Complete information about us may be found at the Arizona Corporation Commission's web site.

Conveniently located at 1323 N 22nd Avenue in Phoenix, we provide the highest quality remanufactured engines and stand by our work with the best warranty in the area. We have many customers, including repeat customers, throughout Arizona and the greater Southwest.

It is our intention that, through outstanding service, we will continue to grow in the coming years.
    We have a first class facility with a long-term lease and welcome anyone who wants to drop by. If there are any questions about our mission or performance, please call us at 602-253-7799.

Gary Nafstad
    Robert Hess

9th of Dec, 2009

If you are not affiliated with Best Engine Exchane, then why are the same employees working at EngineRX? If you purchase a businesses assets you purchase all of it, even the warranties.

• Iw
      11th of Dec, 2009

Exactly, there is no new owners!!! They forgot to change their names, when they changed business names! Rachel, Erica, Tammy are all full of it!!! Rachel still has a $900.00 deposit of mine AND I NEVER EVEN BROUGHT MY TRUCK THERE! I came across this site before I delivered my truck there, but unfortunately, not before I gave her a deposit! She has said repeatedly that she has refunded this money to my card, but has failed to provide me with a transaction number. It has been well over a month now! Yes, I fell a class action lawsuit is defenetly in order. I have 5 people in my phone rite now that have also been burned by this traveling ring of gypsy theives. please feel free to contact me kmassey1982@yahoo.com. Thanks

• En
      16th of Dec, 2009

In response to your comment (JGC.) When you purchase assets of a company, you purchase the stock. In this case engine blocks, office supplies, and a backlog of work. We do not have any affiliation with “Best Engine Exchange” or “Let’s Make A Deal” under the management of Aaron Arietta, Roman, or Dennis. As far as having some of the same employees, their expertise has played an important role in the expansion of our business. We sympathize with your situation and we understand your frustration. However, please try to understand our side. We did not build your engine, nor have we received any monetary compensation from you. Again, we are Engines Rx, not “Best Engine Exchange” or “Let’s Make A Deal.” Feel free to call us at 602-253-7799 or email us at enginesrx@qwestoffice.net.

Management