Best DVD Series / Planet DVD Store / paid for the dvds have not received them

Order some dvds on line from, planetdvdstore.com. In their ad, they said would ship right away. It has been over 2 weeks, the money was taken out on the 6th of July, paid by debit card. I e-mail the company, I have received no responce. There is not phone number, or address where I can reach them.

Sa

Comments

• Br
      24th of Mar, 2008
    Web DVD - Paid, but haven't received!
    Web DVD

I ordered the entire Boston Common series on DVD. I paid over 90 dollars and it was charged to my account, and I haven't received anything. Not even an email that it is on backorder. I have called daily for almost three weeks, and every time I end up at a full message box. Probably for the better as I would explode in profanities if I ever reached at least a $^%%$^%# machine.

2nd of Mar, 2009
    Queensland
    Australia
    Phone: (07) 3824 0022
    mikeandpam@live.com.au

I purchased dvd's of the TV series "High Chapparel" only to receive them and discover they are pirated copies recorded from Pay Tv channel "Hallmark" because they have the Hallmark logo on the bottom of the picture. Also they unwatchable. I am going to pursue this matter with the Australian Governments Board of Piracy or alternatively the Australian Federal Police. Don't know if i'll have any luck but I am sure going to try to stop these crooks from ripping off any one else.

• Mo
      9th of Mar, 2009

I have the same complaint with "third Watch" DVD's; I thought this was the reputable company "PlanetDVD"; I didn't notice the "Store" addition to the company name. They are even stealing another websites identity!!
    Mine are not formatted for the US (where I am) and some are even in Black and White. Others are fragmented andfreeze up. These people are major frauds and we need to post everywhere we can to prevent more people from losing there money.
    I am pursuing through US mail fraud and my credit card company.

• Hv
      26th of Mar, 2009

Report them to the MPAA for piracy!

• Pr
      20th of Oct, 2009

Best DVD Series/planet dvd store/TVDVDmania/and latest ClickDVDStore are the same people who operate the scam. Same advertisement... 75% off ...
    The web pages are reused just have different web address. What happen is that when there are too many complaint on one company they just change the name. By having a different website people is not aware of the existing complaints of the company/webstore.

10th of Jan, 2010

I ordered DVD's from this company also, it took about 3 weeks to get them. I emailed them several times with no result, finally got in touch with them by the phone number on credit card bill, was told dvd's were on way. I did receive them, but they are recorded from t.v. the quality is terrible, and I have to constantly stop & restart to watch. they are a total ripoff & for those needing to get in touch with them, here is a phone number 818 483 4949 good luck S.A. from mechanicsville Va.

2nd of Feb, 2010

this is S.A.from Mechanicsville Va. I have to Inform you that I did complain & ask for a refund on the D.V.D's that I ordered from best dvd series. I did receive a full refund & was also able to keep the dvd's to avoid paying shipping & handling. Gotta give credit were credit is due

23rd of Mar, 2010

I recently placed an order with Best DVD Entertainment (www.bestdvdentertainmentstore.com) which was never filled. I tried to reach them several times through customer service on their website but NEVER received any response. I then tried to cancel my outstanding order - still no response. Company did charge my credit card and claims to be in Cheswack, PA - but I do not find any such place. The domain name (www.bestdvdentertainemntstore.com) is owned by GoDaddy.

In my experience, companies that do not respond to customer service contacts and web sites that conceal company location and telephone numbers are typically internet frauds.

• Le
      29th of Mar, 2010

My story is similar to SailorJ's. Earlier this month I placed an order with Superb DVD Entertainment (www.superbdvdentertainment.com), and it was not filled either. I had sent inquiries through their website a couple of times, but also never received a response. In fact, I have never received any emails from them (including right after I ordered)

I did, however, call the number that is stated above, and the guy seemed like he didn't want to help me out with my specific order. The only things that he asked was (1) when did I place the order, and (2) has my credit card been charged. I told him this information, and the only thing that he said is that it takes 10-14 days to process my order, and my order should be shipping out anytime now, and I should have it by the end of that week. But, that was last week, and still haven't received anything.

He did say that whenever my tracking number is determined, it would show up on my website order (it has said "pending" all throughout this process) I still haven't seen that, and when I go to the website now, it says that the website has now been suspended. Wonderful.

I am very dissatisfied with their service, and I will never order from them again. I should have known that this company was (and is) an internet fraud.

• Fu
      29th of Mar, 2010

I have to agree with the last Sailor J and Lentini for now I get a MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENDED which made no sense for I never ordered from them. I did notice that they changed the look before account was suspended. Like they say if it sounds to good then it is. I had a similar problem with a secondary site off of amazon got to keepp the dvd and got my money back. It was my favorite show Mama's Family had to stop and restart for the dvd kept stopping and 1 of the dvd's that had 99% of my favorite shows DID NOT PLAY. I hope all the complaints are recent and glad I found it for know I know what is going on. Also THANKS for the WARNING for I have come across sites like planet dvd, dvd house, dvd outlet, and so on that have the same products same price and no way to email them. I came across a few of them that I could not e-mail so never bothered with them.

Thanks Fubah

• Rw
      12th of Apr, 2010

I also ordered from best dvd ent. and have gotten the same results as the previous people. When I went to web site it said suspended but when I went from the internet to the site I was able to get to it but when I put in my acct. info it said there was no person with that acct. They did charge my credit card for the purchase made March 23. If anyone knows how I can get ahold of this company please let me know. I have sent 3 e-mails with no response to date. I wish there was something we could do about scam companies like this.

15th of Apr, 2010

this is to rwho, I also ordered from this company, what a rip off. I have 2 comments listed above, one has a phone number that did work at Christmas. I kept emailing & when I told them I was filing complaint, they gave me a full refund. Here are 2 email addresses that led me to them. I hope you get this resolved. Shame on people that set out to rip off other people. my advice is to stick with Amazon.com.email address - tracy.wallace@gmail.com and tvdvdsupport@gmail.com. good luck, S.Amick, mechanicsville, va.

28th of Apr, 2010

Hey..I too got taken by this company...Coopers Dvd Store, Best Dvd Store, Planet Dvd store...etc...The phone number I phoned was 818-483-4949 Location unknown..Phoned about 12 times and finally a guy named Seth picked up...I told him I bought a BOX SET..which I received only ONE BOX..that to me is NOT a BOX SET!! He was rude..and said that I bought a volume with 8 dvd's...I got what I bought...They misrepresented what I THOUGHT I was buying on their web site...The product was sent somewhere from China...???And bye the way Coopers Dvd Store doesn't exist anymore...BUYER BEWARE !!! DON"T ORDER Anything from there...

The Number Again is 818-483-4949..

28th of Apr, 2010

Oh!!! Another contact name for Coopers, Best DVD Store ..etc is ...(rene.sadler1@gmail.com) get it fast before it disappears too!! The complaint department form Coopers(where I bought my DVD from) doesn't exist anymore...

28th of Apr, 2010

If anyone knows what name they are going buy ...Please post it...and warn people...THESE GUYS ARE CROOKS!!

19th of May, 2010

they ripped me off also, this is the phone number i found on my checking account site for them 888-326-6217. I ordered and paid on march 11th, and still have not received, now emails aren't getting delivered.

19th of May, 2010

superb dvd entertainment, the guy called me trailer trash, he was so rude

26th of May, 2010

misty.richmond12@gmail.com here is an e-mail address that was on my reciept recives after i ordered this piece of garbage i thought i was getting origionals and all of my disks look exactly the same and they are numbered

26th of May, 2010

Hello,
    I feel sorry for the above complainers.
    You should simply use common sense before buying anything from unknown firms on the internet.
    Especially when something sounds TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Now, I have something interesting for you.
    Did you notice, dear friends, that the Complaints Board webside advertises the company that scamed you?
    Yes! And this ad is on this page! Go up and look at the top of this page:

High Chaparral on DVD
    All 4 Seasons - Complete TV Series. 25 DVD's - Liquidation Sale 75% OFF
    www.TvDVDBoxSets.com

The company that scamed you simply changed its name from "www.bestdvdseries.com" into "www.TvDVDBoxSets.com".
    Please, examine both websides. The layout of their pages is the same. The offers and the prices are the same too.

Again, it is ridiculous that the Complaints Board webside gets money from advertising scamers.
    Strange world.

Artur Alfred from Vancouver, Canada
    artur2002alfred@yahoo.com

2009-05-04 by Vanbursta 0 Votes

Yes - same here I ordered the complete Walker Texas Ranger set, the product that arrived was in a VHS cassette case and there were no inserts, the DVD's were just thrown into the box. The DVD's are of very poor quality and have been recorded from an American TV Station (the logo is still there!), most of the supplied 55 DVDs don't even play properly - skipping freezing etc, it is interesting to note the following disclaimer from the companies website:-

"It is understood by the customer that some of the DVDs sold by TV BOX SETS have been individually compiled from original film stock and public domain wholesaler sources. These sources have an inconsistent level of preservation associated with them. In accordance the playback experienced may vary from movie to movie on any DVD collection purchased. Every effort has been given to maintain true DVD quality, but the customer understands and accepts that some level of imperfection is present in each film and that level of imperfection can vary significantly between films. This means the customer accepts that their may be "pauses" or "skips" present in the playback of any given film. We have made every effort to keep errors to a minimum, but they may still exist. The customer accepts this as part of their set, and as part of owning films directly converted from original film stock."

In other words they mean that they are openly admitting copying the Films / series onto DVD and that they don't bother to check quality properly so it is likely that your new DVD's won't even play.

I can't stress this enough - NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE FRAUDSTERS.

2009-05-14 by JoelSprigg 0 Votes

I was done by www.dvdboxsets.com. Spent $100AU on a Spin City box set.
    So dodgy! Does anyone have an address for where their items came from.
    I called my bank to issue a chargeback, but I need proof I sent the item back, but I dont have an address or the packaging it came in.

someone else posted this

• Th
      10th of Jul, 2010

This is very interesting to read all of these complaints. I too purchased two complete series of Mamma's Family and Wings from Superbdvdentertainment.com at two separate times. I was totally unaware that these were pirated or bootleggers. I received both sets in very good condition, cable T.V. quality (obviously taped from Nick at Night since the logo was in the corner) but I was very satisfied with both purchases. Then I went to buy another complete set and discovered that the site had been closed down so I started to investigate. I have learned a lot since then about bootlegging. I was one of the very few lucky ones that did not get scammed, but I am sticking to Amazon.ca from now on.

Barb