Best Buy / price honoring

1 Houston, TX, United States

On a recent road trip I decided to stop at Best Buy in Rosenbrg, Texas and purchase an Escort Passport Max radar detector well I thought I had hit the jackpot when I noticed the price was $275 exactly 50% off I was elated well when I asked the salesperson for one he came back and said he didn't have any in stock and checked nearby stores and no luck. The price was $275 because they had just received the new Passport Max 2 and the Passport Max was last years model. Well I took a picture of the price with the associate pointing it out. Further down the road I called the Victoria, Texas store which was on my route and asked the young lady who answered the electronics phone if she had any Passport Max Detectors available well she said yes they did they had both the Max and the Max 2 after explaining the price at the Rosenberg store she said she had to get the Manager who came on the line and after listening to my story he stated that he would have to call the Rosenberg store and verify, well after a few minutes he said yes the price was accurate but that his associate was misinformed and that no Passport Max was available kinda fishy since I had asked the young lady if she was sure because I was going to have to make a few miles detour to get there she assured me that yes they had some in stock. After several e-mails to Customer service and Corporate no one has offered to help one person who's name was Joseph said that only the Passport Max 2 was available but at the $550 price I find it hard to believe that in all the United States not one Best Buy had a Passport Max was available. I feel I should get the $275 price but unfortunately after purchasing a new phone the photo of the employee pointing out the $275 price was lost. Calling the Rosenberg, Texas store should verify my story but unfortunately no one is listening to me. I love Best Buy but will no longer be spending my money there.

La