Best Buy / Lexmark Printer / don't buy lexmark printers nor shop at best buy!
I want to let you all know that I purchased a Lexmark printer @ Best Buy just over 2 years ago. It was part of a package of computers and accessories worth over $5,000 in that one purchase. Over the years, I have spent thousands of dollars at Best Buy.
A while back the Lexmark printer wasn't working properly so I took it back to Best Buy as I had paid for an extended warranty. I was without a printer for the many weeks that it took to get fixed three times. On the third time, I purchased another Lexmark printer to use as I run a small business. The third time Best Buy said they couldn't fix it and gave me the Lexmark printer as a replacement.
Today that Lexmark printer also quit: it wouldn't print out faxes when received; and would only type a full page instead of an envelope. I took it back to Best Buy and they now inform me that I am not covered by the Extended Service Warranty as they replaced the Lexmark printer. I argued that I had paid for a three year warranty which has not expired yet, but Best Buy insisted that once the printer was replaced the warranty was finished.
Nobody told me that at the time. The manager at Best Buy said that it was in the service contract and they don't have time to go over the service contract with customers as they (customers) are not interested, and Best Buy does not have the time. It was up to me to read the contract (fine print).
I argued as I was very upset that I had spent thousands of dollars at Best Buy and I understood that I was still covered by the extended service warranty. They refunded me $50 for the warranty and that was it!
I run a small business and look after my equipment which doesn't get a lot of use, but when I need something, I want to rely on it.
I recommend to everyone that they not shop at Best Buy nor purchase a Lexmark printer as they are of very poor quality based on my personal experiences.
More Best Buy / Lexmark Printer Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - no refund issued on a cancelled order
- Best Buy - customer service damaged products
- Best Buy - samsung soundbar refund request!
- Best Buy - poor customer service.
- Best Buy - repair service for commercial washer/dryers.