Best Buy/digital Camera / poor customer service
So I stop in at Best Buy to purchase a camera the day before heading off to a long planned carnival (Trinidad MardiGras if you are unfamiliar) trip. Read lots of costumes and picture taking opportunities. I need a compact point and shoot at a reasonable price. I get offered a seemingly good deal. Just returned 'brand new' all checked out (customer wanted to change the colour) Sony Cybershot DSCW150B for $132 (as the box had been opened). I believe the sale price that day was $150. Great I think. I get to Trinidad, battery incompatible error. On the trip, I tried googling for software upgrade etc., no go. My whole vacation, no pics, very disappointed. Confident though that because it is Canada and given the economy, I would have no problems replacing my camera for a new one OR even an upgrade in light of the situation. Joe and the lady on that shift at the Ajax store (Thurs 5th Mar pm) ensure me that they 'will take care of me' and then offered that I go to their trouble shooting website to try to fix the problem myself IF it is a software issue OR they could give me a new (same model) camera for an additional $20 plus tax on my sale price!! What???!! I have to either fix the problem myself or pay MORE for a replacement because I got a defective product at a sale price???!! Is this considered customer SERVICE? Anyway, I politely asked for a refund (which I got with a bit of attitude as if the offer was good..."Just GIVE her the refund!") and have taken my business elsewhere...for good! I am in no rush to replace the camera now anyway, the vacation has passed and I am sure I will get a good deal AND BETTER service somewhere else! www.bestbuycares.ca ? Yah really! Oh and btw, I just got a DSCW170R (more features) for $150 (including the tax) elsewhere! Looks like Best Buy is not looking to KEEP business in these times.
More Best Buy/digital Camera Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - issues at the store on multiple levels
- Best Buy - no refund issued on a cancelled order
- Best Buy - customer service damaged products
- Best Buy - samsung soundbar refund request!
- Best Buy - poor customer service.