Best Buy / shady practices

I can't believe after spending so much money at Best Buy they could try to rip us off on the extended warranty. I bought an ipod a couple years back (with the extended warranty) and it has broken 4 times. After having the same problem (they said at first three and now it's four) times, they are supposed to replace it with a new one. Well when we go to get it replaced all of a sudden they only show us having it repaired once. FOUR different people 'looked' in their system and said they found nothing. We called corporate and two different people gave us completely different stories and only once we wanted to get their name because it was going to be placed on our report to the BBB did they transfer us to someone who miraculously found our 3 prior repairs. A bit suspicious don't you think? So we go back to the store, and they STILL make us send it out for repair again!! I truly believe they are going to give us refurbished pieces of trash until our warranty expires, they never intend of making good of their extended warranty. MY ADVICE, DON'T BUY THE WARRANTY!

Va

Comments

• Dr
      20th of Jan, 2009

I agree that you should never buy the warranty. I disagree with you not calling apple and handling it through the propper channels. But lesson learned. Apple's replacement would have been better than your costly BestBuy warranty and headache.

• Cr
      23rd of Jun, 2009

One of the problems I see with why all of the repair times were't found by one person is that some of the info may have been in an outdated system that cannot be acessed by whomever you were dealing with. Still a problem with BB?...yes. However, the PSP does state that it would need to have a 'diagnostic check' done by a tech to verify that a problem with the unit does exist before a replacement is authorized. In addition, the unit would need to be repaired again if any of the previous "repairs" had a 'no problem' found diagnosis by a tech previously. Always read your reciepts & service policies no matter where you by them from.