Best Buy / service agreement for computer

I purchased a laptop computer and a service contract with Best Buy Alpharetta, GA last year for my son. On May 22 of 2006 we brought it in for simple service, the lid was not closing and was loose. They were to repair it within approximately 3-weeks. Our estimated completing date was June 26th. My son received a call to pick up the laptop around that date. He went and found that parts were missing! They now had to keep it again. On July 3rd he again went to pick it up only to find out that they had ordered the wrong parts and it would be another 3 weeks.

He is attending summer classes at University so we requested a loaner or replacement and they would not help out. We still do not have it back!

• msCs's Response, Aug 27, 2017

Bestbuy's GeekSquad added a year on my best buy credit card that threw me over my credit balance whic created an overlimit amount (which I am still paying on) without my permission not consent . I never signed up for automatic renewal because I had only a small line of credit and now they refuse to do anything about it because of it being outside their window to help although they created the ongoing problem for me. I have spoke to the Geek Squad dept who told me to talk to the Dispute department who then told me to talk with the customer service billing dept all of whom referred me back to the Geek squad dept who has said they can not do anything about this situation and to me they created FRAUD because I never gave signed up for automatic renewal of their service plan or gave my consent

Cr

Comments

• Th
      6th of Apr, 2008

I had read that purchasing the Best Buy extended warranty was not really necessary. If the product you had purchased was going to fail it would most likely do so within the first year when the manufactures warranty was still in effect.

Wrong, the Gateway laptop computer I purchased did fail within 8 months of purchase. However Best Buy continues to have you return the product to their service department where no service is performed. After they are certain that the warranty no longer applies, they tell you to get lost. You did not buy an extended warranty and there is nothing else we are going to do.

What a terrible organization, Best Buy.

15th of Aug, 2018
    Best Buy - Iphone x
    California
    Pakistan

The get payment but not dileverd mobiles

• Ms
      19th of Sep, 2018
    BestBuy - Geek squad renewal plan
    Hawthorne
    California

I am writing to get removal of my name address and phone number removed from the original complaint that I posted on your https://www.complaintsboard.com titled Geek squad renewal plan. I really need your help removing those things mentioned in this message from your site