Best Buy / service agreement for computer

I purchased a laptop computer and a service contract with Best Buy Alpharetta, GA last year for my son. On May 22 of 2006 we brought it in for simple service, the lid was not closing and was loose. They were to repair it within approximately 3-weeks. Our estimated completing date was June 26th. My son received a call to pick up the laptop around that date. He went and found that parts were missing! They now had to keep it again. On July 3rd he again went to pick it up only to find out that they had ordered the wrong parts and it would be another 3 weeks.

He is attending summer classes at University so we requested a loaner or replacement and they would not help out. We still do not have it back!

A  6th of Apr, 2008 by
I had read that purchasing the Best Buy extended warranty was not really necessary. If the product you had purchased was going to fail it would most likely do so within the first year when the manufactures warranty was still in effect.

Wrong, the Gateway laptop computer I purchased did fail within 8 months of purchase. However Best Buy continues to have you return the product to their service department where no service is performed. After they are certain that the warranty no longer applies, they tell you to get lost. You did not buy an extended warranty and there is nothing else we are going to do.

What a terrible organization, Best Buy.

Best Buy Logo Best Buy