Best Buy / unauthorized charges
I took my Mac G4 to Best Buy Geek Squad when I had a crash that shut me out completely. Paid $228 for them to reinstall my system software as well as first preforming a data backup.
Once the computer was returned the administrator password system wasn't working so I was unable to reload any other software essentially rendering my system unusable. I called the 800 number and asked if they would send a tech to my house to fix. Told I would have to take it back in to store if I wanted help.
After dragging it back in and spending an hour waiting the tech said he couldn't do any troubleshooting because they didn't have a Mac keyboard. I asked how they'd managed to reinstall my system software without a keyboard and they said one of the tech's brought his from home.
At this point it was clear they had little experience with Macintosh computers so I asked for a refund so I could take it to a real Mac tech to fix the password problem. They said since they did what I asked and installed the OS, they were not liable for my problem.
I've now called 6 different "supervisors/managers" local and corporate, all pretty hostile and unhelpful and clearly aiming to do anything to not refund my money. The fact is, they did something that has made it impossible to use my computer, can't troubleshoot it 'cause they don't even have a $20 Mac keyboard, and won't refund my money so I can pay someone else who knows what they're doing fix it.
Never ever take a repair to Best Buy, they do not stand behind their work.
More Best Buy Complaints & Reviews
- Best Buy - Return Policy - beware of best buy during the christmas holiday! 
- Best Buy - unacceptable repair and customer service 
- Best Buy - best buy won't replace or credit a defective product 
- Best Buy Canada - customer service (or lack there of) 
- Best Buy - will not answer their phone! 
- Best Buy - issues at the store on multiple levels
- Best Buy - no refund issued on a cancelled order
- Best Buy - customer service damaged products
- Best Buy - samsung soundbar refund request!
- Best Buy - poor customer service.