Best-Box-Sets.com / Scam billing

United States Review updated:

I purchased the Complete 7 disc series of West Wing for $99.99 on 09/03/2008. They have not delivered and claim a computer virus has taken down their computers but all answers are auto answering. This looks like a complete scam how can I prosecute as I live in the UK pls.

Also I was led to the site using Amazon.com, do I have any come back on them. Having given my credit card details has anyone experienced computer fraud with their cards and can I claim on my credit card company?
Va

Comments

Ty
  14th of Oct, 2008

Best Box Set.com - Take your money and RUN

After getting the OK via email from BesBoxSet.com to return a set of DVDs that were clearly pirated, I sent back the set. I had delivery confirmation, have a NAME of whoever signed for it, and have waited over a month for a refund. Every email I send them is replied to with a generic FAQ email response. They are an absolute SCAM.
Al

Chelmsford
England, Essex
United Kingdom
Phone: 123456789

Ordered goods on 24th Sep. Order constantly shows pending. Nothing received and no response to emails
Do
  31st of Oct, 2008
So ha s anybody been able to get these guys turned into the BB or a State attorney general for follow up on scams? I had no idea they weren't legit and tried to order a Sienfeld DVD and have gotten the same generic response for over 2 months - after my credit card has been charged...
Ma
  11th of Nov, 2008
i too have been ripped off, no responces to emails, no product, how can there site be still able to operate???????/
pissed off
Jo
  17th of Nov, 2008
I called my bank and Amazon, both just a waste of time. The bank said I authorized the transaction. Amazon said they are not responsible for vendors listed as alternates and claimed to have no information on actually finding these thieves. I filed a complaint with the local police, the US Postal Inspector, and the Internet Crime Complaint Center at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx . I never heard back from any of the agencies. I never received the DVDs. If anyone finds a physical address on this company I sure would like to hear about it.
Va
  20th of Nov, 2008

Best-Box-Sets.com - Rip off
Best-Box-Sets.com
Salt Lake City
Utah
best-box-sets.com

I ordered the complete 7 seasons of West Wing from best-boxed-sets on August 19th. My credit card was charged on August 20th but I never received the dvds nor did I receive any replies to my inquiries. When I logged into my 'account' with best boxed sets, the order is shown as 'pending.' There is no phone number or other contact information available--and I only know the location is Salt Lake City from my credit card statement. The internet said best boxed sets.
Je
  23rd of Nov, 2008
Hey,

I had the same thing happen to me. I ordered dvds on September 7 and still have not received them. I get the same e-mails about their computer virus. But yes they stole my money and I have no clue how to get it back. Their website (bestboxsets.com) doesn't even have a phone number for their contact information. If you get any information, can you please let me know.
Cl
  16th of Jan, 2009
I'd forgotten about this!!! I've just been sorting out my emails & came across one from Best-Box-Sets.com from when I registered.

I attempted to make a purchase on this website in July 2008. My order was still showing pending last time I check which was probably early November. Thankfully no charges have been taken from the bank but it is very concerning.

The good news is that their website is no longer available so it looks like they've been closed down.