Best-Box-Sets.com / fake site

1 China Review updated:

Ordered Family Guy boxset from here in August 2008. Seemed legit enough - they claim to sell legitmate asian versions with original english dubbing. I have been purchasing goods over the internet for years and have never ever had a problem, so am really annoyed I fell for this.

Payment was taken from my credit card same day - reference was ADAM PEARL. Waited and waited and waited. Order still showing as 'pending'. Have sent 3 emails now and received no response. After looking online in google searches I have found other people in the same situation.

Am pursuing refund via my credit card company.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE - IT IS A TOTAL SCAM

Pe

More Best-Box-Sets.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ly
      2nd of Oct, 2008
    Bestboxsets - Non delivery
    London
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I made an order with the sellers bestboxsets.com on the 3rd September 2008.I am yet to receive the order, despite the money being debited from my credit card and numerous attempts to contact them have only resulted in an automated reply.I am now claiming a refund from my credit card company.I would also like to criticise google themselves as I only came to know of this site through their add they had placed with google and obviously google had made no checks to verify the authenticity of this service.

• Mi
      3rd of Oct, 2008

I TOO ORDERED DVDS AND NEVER GOT THEM. THERE PHONE NUMBER HAS BEEN DISCONNECTED.
    I WROTE THEM 3 TIMES ASKING FOR DELIVERY INFORMATION. NEVER GOT A REPLY! I TOO AM DISPUTING MY CREDIT CARD CHARGES. TOO BAD THERE ARE RIP OFF ARTISTS OUT THERE!

• Le
      3rd of Oct, 2008

Sadly I lost over $600. I should have done a simple Google search before spending that kind of money. Stupid me.

• Ta
      16th of Oct, 2008

Placed an order 2 months ago, payment taken, never received.

• Mi
      6th of Nov, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I'm Australia and ordered a DVD box set Aug 2008 using my credit card and money was debited next day with name ADAM PEARL. Have sent dozens of emails and got auto response saying their network had a virus etc but no legit replies. After 2 months of waiting for DVDs to arrive (and $93 later!!) did google search and discovered that BEST BOX SETS IS A TOTAL SCAM!! Have contacted my bank and their security dept is looking into it to confirm if i can get my money back etc. Happy to report that this lousy company has not made any further deductions from my credit card but i will be cancelling card anyway just in case - dont trust them!!

• Te
      9th of Nov, 2008

I did the same thing... on August 7, 2008, ordered the Charmed series for my daughter for $99.00, Adam Pearl also made off with my money. Working with credit card company now after sending 7 emails to the Best Box Sets sight... SCAM SCAM SCAM... don't fall for it...

17th of Nov, 2008

While I personally don't have the skills needed, surely someone out there knows how to trace this company down, get their site closed, or better yet, CRASHED