Best Beauty Store / Order Not Received!

1 Seattle, WA, United States Review updated:

On September 12th I ordered 10 items. I received 3 of them on October 11th with an invoice that stated only 3 of 10 items could be delivered because the rest are on back order.
It is now November 20th and I have not received the remainder of my order. I have left multiple emails and have had no response. I tried their phone number, it's just a recording that does no accept voice messages. I have tried their live chat, but no one responds.
Essentially, I have been ripped off and am out $65, and I am super angry about it. I just filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and I'm going to see who else I can file a complaint with, perhaps the Attorney General of Wash. State.
If anyone has any ideas who else I can take this to, please let me know!

De

Comments

• St
      13th of Mar, 2009

I had the same experience. On January 23, 2009 I ordered over $120 worth of beauty supplies which I felt at the time were overpriced but they "had" everything I was looking for so I placed an online order. I didn't hear from them for over 3 weeks so I emailed them. After 3 weeks I still hadn't heard from them so I emailed them again but no answer. Finally, at the end of February they said they were getting ready to ship my order and that it was late because they were out of stock on one item. 7 days later and still no shipment. At the end of the first week in March they emailed me and said they had shipped my order and included a link to the USPO with a conformation #. I applied the confirmation # to the link they gave me and the USPO said there was no such # It is now March 13, 2009 and naturally no package has arrived.

These people not only took my money, but they also were playing games and taking great glee in deceiving me as well. They could have just not let me ever hear from them again. Instead they were stalling me and pretending all these weeks that they are a legitimate business so I wouldn't report them for awhile. They do not answer your email directly and they will not give out their real phone number.

Their web site, is very impressive looking. It has lots of streaming video and motion graphics so they must have spent a lot of money setting it up to look like a legitimate business, but since they never send your order, it does not appear to be. . From the emails I received, the "voice" (as they say in creative writing classes) coming through the written email appears to be Asian but I am only guessing. If it were an authentic, ethical business website, there would be a two way communication with their customers. They give you no way to contact customer service. They have my money and I am sure I will never see it or my order again. I have been really lucky so far ordering on the internet. This is the first time this form of injustice has happened to me.

On [redacted] .com, someone has listed the Best Beauty Store phone number as 877-560 -8236. Can"t the FTC or the FCC trace who this phone number belongs to?

• La
      13th of Aug, 2009

On July 13 I ordered 10 boxes of Revlon High Dimension Hair color. This product is discontinued long time ago and it is very hard to find. So, I was so exited I ordered 10 boxes and payed $129.50 through paypal. After a month of expectation, numerous attempts to contact the store and get status on my order I finally received my package. It had 10 boxes of Revlon Colorsilk product which they sell for $9.90 and which is sold in every drug store under $5. I contacted paypal, they told me they cannot do anything since in term and conditions store says they have the right to change the product and price at any time. I'm really angry, I'd better donate these money to some charity than be so blindly ripped off.

There is no way to contact the store via email, phone or chat. Please don't do any business with them since you have no control over your order

• Je
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I'm experiencing the same issue. Placed order on 7/7, haven't heard anything and now after reading these other complaints, and the BS fine print on their website, I'm pretty certain these guys are a straight-up ripoff.

I'm in the process of going through the motions - playing by their stated rules and filing an online order status request (since they give you no real way to contact them by phone or email). I don't expect to hear anything favorable from them, if at all. My next course of action will be to file a complaint with the BBB and call my credit card company and PayPal to get the charges reversed. I suggest and hope that everyone else will do the same.

Another option I would suggest is to look up your State Attorney General's office and file a complaint with them - I did that several years ago when a bogus "personal training" company operating out of my gym tried to rip me off, and the State Att'y General's office was very responsive and ultimately ended up scaring the company into letting me out of their trap.

8th of Sep, 2009

Me too. I ordered some permenant wave lotion on August 8, 2009 and it is now September 8, 2009 and still no package from them. I paid through Pay Pal.

• Le
      12th of Sep, 2009

Ordred Auro Jojoba Oil (cannot find anywhere else) and they sent Queene Helene (can find anywhere cheap). Took them 3 weeks to ship. I am in the process of filing a claim w/paypal, I am lucky my chunk of money was less than 20 bucks. I didnt know that paypal will let a merchant change the type/product at anytime. Why would anyone buy anything from them if they can change what it is that you order?

• Do
      24th of Sep, 2009
    Best Beauty Store - Hot hair rollers
    Best Beauty Store
    Cape Coral
    Florida
    Phone: 239 878-2617

I ordered a hot roller (brand: Profile) from this company. It was overpriced but I wanted it cause they are not manufacturing them any longer.
    After 2 weeks and nothing I did contact Paypal. Paypal contacted Best Beauty Store who did send me out a "Roller" set but not what I ordered & definately of low quality.
    Again I contacted Paypal who could not help me any further cause the order was filled.
    Beware - these people are Crooks !!X!!! Do not loose your money to them.

• Br
      20th of Nov, 2009

I ordered 3 boxes of hair color from bestbeauty.com. After 4 weeks, I emailed the company to let them know that I still had not received my order... no reply. I finally received my package after 6 weeks but the the order was not correct... one of the items was the wrong product. I will not be shopping with Best Beauty again.

• Pl
      16th of Dec, 2009

same exact experience. Order never received. There is no way to reach them by phone or email. Very bad experience. Have also reported to BBB.

• T7
      7th of Feb, 2010

Guess they must've moved on to another scam...now their webpage is gone and the domain for sale! I did not receive my order in Nov of 2009 either..had e-mail contact with them which they returned, but no product. I 've learned my lesson and will always shop with a credit card that provides protection and refunds!

9th of Feb, 2010
    Best Beauty Store - Products
    Best Beauty Store
    WEB
    Los Vegas
    Nevada
    Phone: ALSO listed SEATTLE, WA
    service@bestbeautysupply.com

BIG SCAM!!! Do NOT let them cheat you! Placed 2 disputes with PayPal! They charged me, and never sent ANYTHING until I placed my FIRST complaint with PayPal asking for refund.

THEN they sent HALF the order, saying rest was BACKORDERED. 3 months later still nothing arrived. Placed SECOND dispute for refund, and started using shampoos- developed RINGWORM!!

SOMEONE is laughing-- "you ###, you ITCH"...very funny, ha? A SCAM and a PUBLIC HEALTH problem. HOPE THE ### ARE CAUGHT!!!

• Ad
      6th of May, 2010

Hello all,

Thank you for posting all your experiences and comments re. Best Beauty Store. I have been looking for suppliers who can supply authentic skin care and cosmetics for my beauty business in Australia and came across the abovementioned site.

So thankful to have seen your comments - I definitely won't be placing any orders and will certainly be letting others know about this company.

Cheers.