Bespoke slate house signs / con men

May 27, 2015
bespoke slate house signs
ordered a sign off this website. A week later got an email saying it had been lost in the post and another would be despatched a week later. Three weeks later and around 70 ignored calls later I still hadn't got my sign or money back. I then got another ema saying it was once again lost in the post. I sent around 20 more emails demanding my money back and emailed Watchdog and Trading Standards. Finally through my bank I got my money back. Further research revealed they go under Prestige Slate, Premier Slate, Luxury slate and have untold complaints. They are con men. Do not use!

More Bespoke slate house signs Complaints & Reviews

Plus Bespoke slate house signs - Non delivery of signs [2]

A  9th of Jun, 2015 by
I have also had problem with this Company, ordered sign 27 April and have not received it. Similar to the above complaint, many many phone calls, never answer phone and claimed sign sent out to courier. I have requested my money back but to date have not received it. I will now make official complaint to Trading Standards. I can see they trade under several names.ie Luxury Slates, Bespoke House Signs but the website is the same. My payment went through WorldPay, is this also a scam? Will my card details be comprised??? Carole F
N  9th of Jun, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hi, I can't say about world pay as I have not heard of the. I would also email Watchdog as they need to be stopped. Good luck!
A  12th of Jun, 2015 by
We have also emailed Bespoke Slate House Signs in May, ordered a sign, paid the money and not received anything nor heard anything. No answer to emails or phone calls. I have raised this with my bank to try and get the money back, not sure if they are able to. Worldpay will not do anything, I tried that route. Would also suggest you report it to Action Fraud to get them stopped.
A  24th of Jun, 2015 by
Almost an identical story to the others on this forum. I ordered a sign at the start of May and, despite my money being taken immediately, did not receive any acknowledgement of my order. All of my calls and emails were ignored and so I contacted my bank who were very helpful but had to wait for 30 days to elapse since that was a reasonable time within which the order should be processed. In the intervening period I received a 'proof' email from the company, which I replied to raising questions but, again, no response. My husband rang and left a message on the answerphone, claiming to be new business, and received a call straight back! He then raised the issue of my missing sign and I received an email stating that the courier has 'lost' my parcel. 30 days is up today and my bank is in the process of recovering the money. It is shameful that people like this are allowed to continue to operate. I will be reporting to all of the relevant bodies.
N  1st of Jul, 2015 by
I also have had problems as everyone above. I have pretended to be a new builder needing some new signs in the hope he will pick up but I think he has sussed by numbers now. Tried on various numbers, he fobs ppl off telling them that the delivery is on its way but never is then doesnt pick up again when you contact them. I have search this company and owner who actually trades by the names of Bespoke Slate Signs, Prestige Slate Signe, Luxury Slate signs he also runs Keebee enterprises trades from address in Cardiff and Pontypryd. I have tracked the owners name back on company checks and he has been ripping people off for years, his name is LEON GRAIG WILSON-BESTWICK. If you search him you will find complaints against all of these companies. I eventually found him on social media fb and sent him messages had nothing back. Trading standards are aware of him but why is it no-one closes down his websites for which he has 3 or 4. He is racking it in from people like us!. I shall try and claim back my money from the bank but am contacting Trading Standards, and I shall not let this layt make sure other . The only positive reviews of him are written by himself, if you read them carefuly they are all using the samw working
A  2nd of Jul, 2015 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Same story from me. Ordered 12th May, despite a number of emails no goods have been delivered
Do not use this company!
A  9th of Jul, 2015 by
I have unfortunately had the same experience after ordering 2 slate signs at the end of May with nothing forthcoming; researched the company only in hindsight to discover that I too have been conned. Have reported via email to Trading Standards in Wales and will phone when their office is open tomorrow. It's not a whole lot of money, but I feel foolish that I was taken in by their professional website. They have to be stopped. Will be visiting my bank, but think it is highly unlikely any of my money will be returned. Makes me regret not just walking into a shop and ordering a sign over the counter.
A  10th of Jul, 2015 by
I ordered a sign in the middle of May, but received nothing and no-one answered the phone, then I read these posts. I put their address on Google Earth and located the quarry which had a sign outside advertising units to let. I telephoned that number and spoke to someone who let out the units. He knew who I was talking about but said he rarely saw them.
I emailed the company and warned that unless I either received my money back or the sign within a week, I was going to Trading Standards and also to the South Wales Police fraud unit which deals with this type of problem.
I received an email saying the company was having problems and said I would receive my sign by July 16th. IT ARRIVED TODAY!!!
I made it very clear I was prepared to take any action necessary - I would advise everyone to do the same.
Carol F --who is worried about Worldpay.I have bought online and paid by Worldpay on numerous occasions, so I don't think you have any need to worry. In fact, if my sign had not arrived, I was going to complain to them about the company.
Good luck and keep pushing!
N  13th of Jul, 2015 by
Thank you Margaret TR - I also reported this company to Trading Standards and Watchdog. I had an email promising delivery by 16th June. That date came and still no sign. I then instructed my card company to follow it up to get my money back. Guess what? Last Friday the sign appeared on my doorstep, delivered UK mail ! No paperwork, no fixings, apology or explanation with it. Hallelujah !!! Only problem is I now have two signs as I decided to go local and ordered a Cornish slate sign which was here in days. I should have done that in the first place and would have avoided all the hassle of having to cancel my card as advised by MasterCard. What is that company up to? Perhaps they cannot keep up with the orders but they are damaging their business irreparably by promising something they cannot deliver on time. My original order was on 27th April.
Carole F
N  13th of Jul, 2015 by
Thanks MargaretTR - I have also reported this company to Trading Standards and Watchdog. Despite numerous emails from me and a promised delivery date of 16th June, date came and went and still no sign. I then contacted my card provider and reported it to them and asked them to follow it up and to get my money back. They also advised that I cancel my MasterCard in case of future fraud. However, last Friday a package arrived on my doorstep, delivered by UK Mail with no paperwork, fittings, apology or explanation ! What are this company up to? Are they so inundated with orders and cannot cope? If so they should employ more staff to cope with the demand, they are doing irreparable damage to the company behaving the way they do. My problem now is that I have two signs, I decided to go local and ordered a Cornish slate sign which was here in days. I should have done this in the first place and therefore avoided all the hassle of having to cancel my card and the worry that they had my card details, If anyone reading this wants a good, honest sign company, go to Stevens Slate Signs, Pool, Cornwall. Excellent service.
Carole F
A  21st of Jul, 2015 by
Exactly the same scenario, was told the carriers lost the package, then given a delivery date of 07/07, since then ignored phone calls and emails.
On their website the are shown as part of Keybee Enterprises Ltd which had a Dissolution Notice shown in the London Gazette on 18/06/15. However they deny they are a part of this company???
Have asked for a refund but again they have gone silent. Good one for Rip Off Britain!
A  7th of Aug, 2015 by

registered by: Russell Oakley
5 Esgid mair
Vale of Glamorgan
CF63 1FD

expiry date: 22-Jan-2016
registrar : Heart Internet Ltd www.heartinternet.co.uk
A  8th of Aug, 2015 by
I fell for it too. Their web site looks and does exactly what it supposed to do; the response to the order and payment all appear to be working along the correct formula when buying from the internet. When I started to query where the goods were; the response was the courier lost the parcel, new sign will be made, courier loses parcel again, will give 50% off, then nothing; no email replies and no call back to the answer phone messages.

I've started the procedure to reclaim my money with the bank and sent an email to Trading Standards in Tonypandy.
N  11th of Aug, 2015 by
All sound familiar. Ordered the sign, was sent a graphic for proof approval, then nothing. No one answers the phone or calls back, . Finally was told they were in the process of changing merchants when my order was received so while my payment was taken by World Pay & my sign was made it couldn't be sent as they never got the money. So, if I placed the order again they would waive the p & p for my inconvenience. I'm not daft enough to send them more money! The refund from World Pay never arrived & my credit card providers are giving me the money back.
N  13th of Aug, 2015 by
I also have (having) problems with this company. I ordered and paid for my sing on the 10th of July. I have not received til today.
the company said - after 1 month - that the money was refunded to my account, but it is not true, as nothing has been returned to my account until today.
the company said that the sign is ready, but they cannot dispatch my sign until I pay again!!!.
Can somebody help me to have the contact for the watchdog and any other way to report this company formally please?
A  19th of Aug, 2015 by
I ordered a sign with this company at the end of July. I received an email from Worldly saying that my card had been refunded. Then I received an email from Bespoke Slate Signs asking me to place the order again as it had been lost as they changed from Worldlpay to Paypal. so stupidly I placed another order only to find my card hasn't been refunded at all. So at it stands I have paid for 2 signs and received nothing. I had ordered this on behalf on my mother in law as a gift for my husbands birthday so am very angry. I get no response from all my emails and nobody answers the phone. I'm now reporting them to Trading Standards.
A  19th of Aug, 2015 by
i have had exactly the same experience with this company, they asked me to pay again as they had changed from worldpay to payment sense which i declined until refund was received, a week later this clearly wasn't going to happen so i opened a dispute case with my bank and they have now refunded it which is what i suggest you do. i really don't know what this company is playing at, question is where do i get my sign done?, this company have totally ruined my faith in the welsh slate house sign industry, I'm baffled as to how they can keep going, i really hope all these people on here get their money back, good luck to all of you...
A  20th of Aug, 2015 by
They now call themselves "Quality Slate Signs", but still trade under the sole trader "Gareth Jones"
A  26th of Aug, 2015 by
He caught me too and I want him brought to book. We need concerted action between us to bring dear Leon to justice and to stop this parasite. There must be thousands of victims over two years. This means gathering evidence and making a collective complaint to Action Fraud, Trading Standards and Watchdog. It also involves genuine slate sign providers who are losing on-line business. If you are interested please post a comment and I will set up an action line. David Roberts
A  27th of Aug, 2015 by
We also purchased 3 signs in june paid £80 after numerous emails no contact then i emailed and stated if no refund in 7 days contacting action fraud and south wales fraud squad and also watch dog we had an email stating we had been refunded by world pay and there was a mix up so for us to reorder the signs!!! are we that stupid of course no refund to our account awaiting action fraud to contact us.
Happy to help anyone who wants to bring this low life to justice my email is sandra.gregory2@sky.com