bentley travel / scam artists

1 Parsippany, NJ, United States Review updated:

Bentley travel used to be five points. please read all the complaints involving five points. This is why they changed their name. Their presentation is too believable. Many of us have fallen for their scam and are out thousands of dollars for a product that does not exist. They are mail frauds and and fraud by deception . I hope people will read the complaints before attentding their presentation. They do not return money and it is a bogus operation that should be under investigation and shut down.

Ro

Comments

Je
  22nd of Apr, 2009

Is this company a distributor of DVI too? Dream Vacations International? I am a member of this vacation club. I was looking for their website and found these complaints. I have to say i have used the membership and they saved me 2300 on my first trip! I don't know if this is the same company but are you a member? did you try to use the membership? I had some questions about the contracts and things myself all of which were answered. Am I one of the only people that loves my membership? I sure hope not!!!

22nd of Apr, 2009

I would like to believe that all is true. Please explain in more details about your membership, and how did you get to use them. I sent many vacation requests to DVI and did not get any response back. Please explain.

Ri
  5th of May, 2009

LANA, YOU CAN'T BELIEVE THAT COMMENT. IT'S COMPANY POLICY TO HAVE EMPLOYEES AND MANAGEMENT WRITE POSITIVE COMMENTS ON THIS SITE. DISPUTE YOUR CHARGE ASAP! THESE PEOPLE ARE RUTHLESS SCAM ARTISTS. THEY'VE CHANGED THEIR NAME 3 TIMES IN THE PAST 2 YEARS AND HAVE HAD COUNTLESS OFFICES AS "COMPANY HEADQUARTERS."

5th of May, 2009

Thank you Rippedoff. I know they are scam. I filed every possible complaint, but still did not get my money back. It is amazing how hard is to prove a fraud and scam.

7th of May, 2009

I filed complaint with the BBB requesting money back and no results. No response from company ( Five Points Travel ) and complaint closed after a month.

He
  18th of May, 2009

I received a letter today and agree that it is an obvious racket that should be put down. The salesman read from a sophisticated algorhythmic sales pitch, coordinated to respond to any question or inquiry I might make. The New Jersey attorney general should really investigate this company -- no phone number available -- located, he said, at 4 Century Drive, Parsippany NJ. I welcome any investigators to join me in probing them.

Ca
  31st of May, 2009

Sounds like the same come-on we got from a different company in Branson, MO (although we got some free show tickets for attending the "90 minute" sales pitch). As we kept saying no, the price of membership dropped from about $9000 to around $1500. I left there asking myself, "what was it really worth?" When I called Bentley, after receiving their come-on letter, I flunked the second question in the interview-- Was my income more than $40, 000? Since we are retired and are living on savings, I had to answer "No", she politely terminated the interview! Looks like they are just after the money!

2nd of Jun, 2009

I wish i had told them my income was less than $40, 000. I was conned into buying this "vacation package" with the promise of free trips, discounted "member" rates and prices, free airline and rental car vouchers, and no interest for 3 years. even after calling the credit card company the girl actually said "yeah, you are screwed"!!! everytime I have called the company Bentley in Parsippany, I have been hung up on, told to fax a letter, asked for a phone number and never called back, told no one was going to take me seriously. All three of the things promised to me proved to be a scam. In fact, after doing research, i found that Dream Vacations Interntional, Bentley travel, Bank of America, Mastercard, and other parties involved in this scam are being sued by other pissed off people who were conned into buying into this horrible hoax. People have reported that the membership rate is actually higher than that of Travelocity, Orbitz, and Hotwire. Please stay away and dont believe anything you hear. These people are ruthless and disgusting. I would really do anything at this point to get my money back, dont fall into this too!!!

Du
  4th of Jun, 2009

I was able it get my money back. My wife and I got sucked in last Saturday and I didn't have a good feeling about it after we left. I checked this website and found what a horrible mistake we had made. I went back one hour later (while there was another sales meeting going on) and freaked out demanding a void sale. They complied with no problems, but I think that it was only because there was another sales pitch going on and they didn't want me to interfere with the next batch of victims. So if anyone is looking to get there money back go there when there is another sales meeting. Its a very busy place anytime after 4pm.

Nj
  5th of Jun, 2009

Has anyone else tried what dunkirk did and/or received any monies back?

Sc
  8th of Jun, 2009

i just got a letter adressed to my ex girlfriend and being a suspicious person who has had his identity stolen once before via ebay, i am whole heartedly supporting your cause. when i called, i gave them no information as to who i was, and they magically new exactly what i was talking about, and to boot, just wanted me to refer someone else over the age of 25 who makes more money than me. and i will get a free flight pack. don't trust them.

8th of Jun, 2009

i love how they say you have to be 25 but i am 23 and they still took my money!! i wonder if i could use that to get it back...?

Re
  11th of Jun, 2009

Thanks for all the comments on Bentley Travel. Glad I checked this website before keeping my appointment for their sales pitch.

Nj
  11th of Jun, 2009

All this story aired tonight 6/11/09 on fox 5 news with Arnold Diaz... check it out. The attorney general also filed a complaint. Let's keep up the pressure and maybe we will get our money back..

12th of Jun, 2009

So I went this week, apparently right before or right after Fox was there, and demanded my money back. My boyfriend is rather intimidating and I suggest bringing someone like that with you. I also had done A LOT of research and had some "bargaining tools" (their words) along with printed flyers I was ready to post all over Sylvan Way, Century Drive, and the whole damn complex. I was given a signed letter stating I WILL have my money back by July, 9... and if I dont so help me god...
One of the most assinine things of the whole experience was showing their "regional director" the card of our sales rep, with the name "Dan O'Reilly" written by him on it. The guy says, "oh you must have purchased your package a while ago, Dan O'Reilly was a young intern we had here a couple years back." when I informed him it was purchased in April 2009 by an older Dan with white/blond hair who talked of retirement and a daughter, he informed me his real name was Dan McGowan and he had given me a fake name. Of course now who REALLY knows whos name is real or not.. but just something for all of you to think about... maybe thats why YOUR sales person seems to just have disappeared into thin air... because they werent real to being with!!!

12th of Jun, 2009

Does anyone has idea if we have any chance to get our money back?
Amanda, please keep us posted about your refund.

12th of Jun, 2009

Hopefully the law suit will pass as a class action, and until then I suggest going down there and flipping out everyday until it happends. Will do Lana.

12th of Jun, 2009

Thank you Amanda. I do not have time to go down there, I 'll hope for class action . We had same sales person. What a "nice sweet guy". I purchased my " package of bs" back in February. I called him in March, and he told me that he is no longer with company and that everything is scam. And if he got you in April, he was still with company when he was telling me that everything is scam. What a character.

12th of Jun, 2009

Lana, did he tell you his name was Dan McGowan when you purchased? and he actually TOLD you it was a scam?! he gave me what he said was his personal number but just another line to the Bentley office. Of course all those times I called and asked for Dan O'Reilly I was told he was no longer with the company, which obviously he wasnt cause he was just an intern. I bought on April, 16th so yeah he is a piece of sh*t.

He
  13th of Jun, 2009

It would be wrong to advocate violence or an attack on the place of business. It's unfortunate that dealing with them is such a frustrating experience and that law enforcement has been slow to respond. The risk is that sooner or later, some victim may feel it necessary to take matters into his own hands. If that happens, I hope the authorities would understand the provocative nature of the scam this enterprise has engaged in.