Bensons for Beds / poor customer service & broken promises

1 Oldham, England, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom Review updated:

This is possibly the worst bed shop on your high street
all promises and yet extremely poor customer services department
the customer services based at warrington are unhelpful, and very rude there is no way of complaining only by post for the breach in your contract which is inevitable as this company and its employees are amateurs with quite the worst customer service ever
I ordered an americano bed and with it a top of the range mattresss totalling £1203.00 i was happy to wait six weeks for delivery but on reaching my delivery date it all turned bad ...
1. they would not deliver on a time slot suitable to me and i was available for 90% of the whole day as i had to take my daughter to her dance class for 1 hour in the late afternoon ( and this was booked 6 weeks in advance ) despite delivery charge payment of £35.00 and i had postal notice that all my items were in stock and were due for delivery on this date
2. on questioning this i was shockingly abused over the phone first by "Emma" who ridiculed my predicament and then an hour later by a a "Craig" at customer services who was rude arrogant and abusive to me .when i asked to speak to the customer services manager
paul burgham is the managing director but is totally unavailable i was told this eventually by the store manager where i origionally bought the bed but was told he was only contactable by letter
in my attempts to speak to a customer services manager at warrington i was spoken to rudely cut off three times by a "Craig" on the customer services at warrington in succession !
3. only to be called back 1 hour later after this disagreement to be told that even though i had waited 6 weeks my mattress could not be delivered until a week later
i have cancelled my order with bensons for beds they are shocking rude and need reporting to trading standards
this is the worst company i have ever had the displeasure of
please dont waste your time and money
PLEASE AVIOD THEM AND SAVE YOURSELF THE LOST TIME OFF WORK FOR NON DELIVERY AND THE MONEY SPENT ON RUDENESS OVER THE PHONE

Comments

• Bj
      13th of Apr, 2010

PLEASE DO NOT SHOP AT BENSON BEDS IF YOU WANT GOOD SERVICE AND GOOD.
    Fully agree - avoid Benson Beds at all cost. They are possibly the worst retailer I have come across.

The store staff don't want to know after the sale has been made and their customer service is incompitent if I am being polite. There is at least a 10 minute wait for them to answer phones. Then they really try their best to avoid doing anything to resolve the issue. When they August - Here we are in April and despite numerous calls, numerous promises, wrongly delivered drawers, no written calls, etc etc etc - We are told today that the order for the right drawers was cancelled - and none can say why.

I really don't understand the management of this company. They spend loads of money to advertise and when they get customers they don't want to look after them.

I am getting to a stage where I want to get the credit card company to dispute the payment. Don't like doing this because we need UK companies on th ehigh street but I think my patience has worn out.

PLEASE DO NOT SHOP AT BENSON BEDS IF YOU WANT GOOD SERVICE AND GOOD.

BJS

• Ke
      23rd of Aug, 2010

I totally agree. after complaining about a mattress I found that phoning "customer services"" entailed at least a half hour wait.At the end of it all I was no further on.

• Ke
      23rd of Aug, 2010

We bought a mattress in May 2009. It cost £600. Just over 1 year later we found that it had sagged badly. It is a Miracoil Zone 7.I complained to the store, who told me that it is under warranty, and to send photos to them. I did that, and over a week later had had no response.I phoned again, waited half an hour, and was told that Silentnight agreed that it was faulty and would replace it.I agreed to pay a percentage of the cost of delivery.No ammount has yet been stated.After phoning the store again a week later, I was told that Silentnight had still not come up with a delivery date. I have still not heard from Silentnight and am getting nowhere fast.

• Su
      31st of Jan, 2011

I am totally disgusted with their service and just endured a phone call which has almost left me in tears. We wait over 6 weeks from the time our bed was supposed to be delivered until the date it was actually delivered (we disposed of our old bed the night before the "supposed" delivery date). We were left sleeping on our couch for six weeks which was a nightmare as the reason for purchasing a new bed was I have been suffering back problems with this pregnancy. The bed was delivered and parts missing. After numerous phone calls, emails and letters to head office we are no further forward. I finally managed to speak to the internet sales manager today after holding for over 40 mins to be told that there was nothing he could do and "It's just a waiting game now"!! No apologises whatsoever from any staff members and no mention of compensation. Please take my advice and avoid avoid avoid!!! I wish I had looked into the reviews before my husband ordered the bed & mattress.

• Be
      23rd of Jun, 2011

I agree with above. i never complain and praise service where due. Benson for Beds are nothing but empty promises. I ordered a bed paid for it and they could not supply, as stock discontinued. I was told this less than 24 hours before delivery day. I had paid 3 wks before. Three months on I'm still waiting for my refund on the bed they couldn't supply and they all blame each other. I just want my money back!! I won't talk about my daughters guest bed that turned up with two huge cracks down the frame! I spent a total of around £1500. I wish i'd left my money in my bank account!

• Du
      18th of Apr, 2012

AVOID at all cost ! They still haven't learned any lessons in customer service. Must be the worst company in the UK, wish I had read some reviews before deciding to purchase a bed from them. 3 months on and not resolved yet!

• To
      14th of Sep, 2016

We bought a king size bed and mattress for £1649.50 and waited for delivery. when the van came the driver said "I can't get it up the stairs" I know this to be untrue because we have been here for over 34 years, we have had the same stairlift for 26 years and in that time we have had 2 king size beds and 3 mattresses. In fact we have a king size bed and mattress at the moment. He made one pathetic attempt to get it in and when it was stopped by a wall instead of leaning it slightly the other way he gave up. Please understand that my wife and I are in our 70's and disabled, and because we had paid for the privilege we had not asked anyone else to come and help, so the bed went back. Bensons for Beds are demanding 5% £87 to give me a refund. I know 100% that the bed will go into the bedroom and this is unacceptable. So don't have anything to do with BENSONS FOR BEDS. They do say that there is no such thing as bad publicity, but you have been warned.

29th of Jun, 2017

i had problems with customer services too i spoke with someone called ROB KNIGHT who was arrogant and very rude, i told him this and he said "im sorry you feel that way it was not intended" i explained that they had sent the wrong items and i was told delivery would be 6 weeks but the furniture was delivered 9 weeks later and then it was the wrong ones and said he had spoken with my husband but surprisingly they had no record of this he was an arrogant man and really should not be working in this line of work, bensons for beds needs to look into the way customer services is run before someone reports them to watchdog.

28th of Aug, 2017

We have just cancelled our £1400 order with Bensons, 2 attempts to deliver, 1st the bed had got damaged by getting soaked when left on the lorry overnight and we had to arrange another delivery we were told it had to be completely reordered and would be 3/4 weeks, within a week they called to redeliver, I said this was quick but was not alarmed, they redelivered the same damp damaged bed! We complained about our wasted of time etc and were told as we had cancelled our order we couldn't get any compensation. How do they think I feel about ever using them again?

• Tr
      31st of Jul, 2018

my daughter ordered a bed online they delivered, she came to put it together they hadn't delivered all the parts, customer services said tell her to sleep on the mattress and we will deliver the parts in a weeks time. She said she wanted a full refund they went to deliver parts yesterday and ended taking the whole bed away she does not have another bed until Saturday from a different company, the whole company are a disgrace and people working for them must be desperate to work for a useless company. Please do not buy beds from them.