Beneficial Finance / Debt never going away

1 NC, United States Review updated:

We took out a loan 12 years ago for $10, 000, paying $200 a month and still owe $8900. I'm curious how many customers do not have the same account # from their original signed contract?

Comments

• Li
      10th of May, 2012

Once...9 yrs ago cashed a check for $500 ... do you have an account with them

11th of May, 2012

We wrote to our state bureau to complain and they stated that it's the daily rate of 18% Our payments are only $150 and we have always paid $200... Isn't that crazy!! I think I'm on to something though and I hope that it falls through because this is absolutely wrong. Anything I noticed I thought NC interest rates were not suppose to be over 16%

14th of May, 2012

I don't see no terms because it's considered a revolving account like a credit card and we did no realize that when we took the loan out. uhmm that makes sense about interest rate in thier state I will have to look into that. thanks.

• Pb
      16th of Jul, 2012

I just want to scream!!! I took out a loan in 2007 for $9000.00, under the impression that it was a "term" loan! Little did I know that it was a "revolving" loan! I have paid 147.00 a month for five years now and have never, ever been late since it is an auto deduction out of my checking account and I still owe $8, 252.97!!! 18% interest...this is just wrong!!! I have called several times asking for the loan to be converted to a term loan or for the interest rate to be lowered and all I ever get is a person that can hardly speak English and that tells me they can do nothing to help me! Certainly something can be done to stop this!

• Pr
      27th of May, 2014

I co-signed a loan for a friend with them in 2005 also for 12, 000.00. I paid $250.00 a month and at times would pay more telling them to apply the remaining monies to the principal, but they did not. I was also out of work due to surgery in 2006, and 2007; but the insurance never paid any claims for me being out of work due to major surgeries according to what an agent from Beneficial told me. When I and my attorney started questioning them about how much money I owe them and requested copies of all payments made to them, they transferred my loan to Springleaf who states, "we do not have their records only what was sent to us that you owe, but we will be glad to request copies for you and mail them to you. Now Springleaf Financial have not given me any problems yet, but the same practice of the load not decreasing is what I am seeing in them also. According to their records, although I have paid over $19200.00, I still as of 5/13/2014 owe them $10, 453.88. According to their records I have only paid this loan down a little over 1400.00 and that's all. This is robbery...They are trying to make it legal to steal money from people this way. I am very angry because they are stealing. I cannot talk to anyone about the loan local because I am told my case is out of state and all they can do is take payments or refer me to call the 800-742-5465. I was told my loan would be paid out in 2014...but based on the amount they claim I owe, and am not late...I intend to fight them on the legislative level. They are loan sharks with a license to practice stealing!

Brenda

• Is
      27th of May, 2014

I"m in the same boat, it's so ridiculous how the way the figure their loans and the principle never comes down. I have disputed my amount and finally stopped paying while in the dispute and now they are turned over to a lawyer and reported me late to the credit bureau. Their own contract states they can not report delinquent while the account is being investigated. I'm reporting them to our State Attorney General . If you had your account with them in 05/2009 see if you can get a report of your credit because they posted two bogus accounts on our credit and we found out because when we went to purchase our home we were denied because of showing an additional $10, 000 of debt that was not even ours.