Beneficial Finance / Stay away

If anyone starts a class action - I am there!

They keep taking mortgage payments out of my account, every couple of weeks, and I have never authorized them. When I call, I am never allowed to speak to a manager, only advised to send a fax, with all the details to the Research Department. I call every day and am told it can take 4-6 weeks to get an answer. In the meantime, my account is completely overdrawn. My bank is being great in trying to help me, but I can't get the payments to stop. I put a block on any more payments, and did get a phone call stating that if I don't remove the block and do not allow the payments, that I will never again be allowed to make a payment over the phone or internet or by check and will be required for the life of the mortgage to pay by certified bank check. I am stuck. The Bank Manager suggested opening a new account. This company is so full of fraud it is ridiculous. If they want you...believe me managers, etc will call you, but if you need to reach them, all I can reach is a service rep. I am so frustrated...

Lk

Comments

• Mi
      19th of Jan, 2012

Possibly the best solution at this point is maintain a written record instead of communicating by phone. Write a letter to the legal department and ensure to send it certified mail so that you have a written record. Also ensure that the letter is notarized and ask for written documentation that supports their ability to withdraw funds. In other words what authorization do they have from you to withdraw funds from your account. If no authorization exists well that would present a different scenario where legal action may be an alternative or ask for a principal reduction of the amount owed. Hope that helps. Good luck.
    michael@perfecthomeliving.com

• Li
      2nd of May, 2012

We took out a loan 12 yrs ago for $10, 000, have paid $200 every month and still owe $8900!!! Most of thier branches have closed down and we have tried for them to make a settlement but will not unless we want to go 3 months with not paying and ruin our credit. I've been doing reseach and I'm curious how many customers have a different account # right now compared to the original signed contract?