Beneficial / Scam and cheating

My husband & I have a mortgage and line of credit with Beneficial. I was working until May of 2007. I had to quit because my husband is disabled and I have to be home with him.

In Oct. 2007 I called the local office in Ocala, FL. about reducing my payments. I was told that was handled by the hard ship department. I was also told not to make at least 2 payments because it looked better and I would surely be granted a hardship loan because of my husband's medical condition. I was connected with the department and they took information from me. In a couple of weeks I got a letter stating that I had not furnished enough information. I called and was told what to send. I gathered 41 pages of bank statements, doctor bill, medical bills, etc. and took them to the Ocala office where they faxed them for me. In 2 or 3 weeks I got another letter denying my application. I waited a few months and in 2008 submitted another application which required less documentation and was approved.They reduced my payment by $80 a month.

Nothing was done on the line of credit. A couple of months later I called and asked for a hardship on it. I was told that when they did a hardship on a mortgage they did one on the line of credit. I talked to a supervisor and she said to call back the first of the week. I did and was told I had received one. Then I was told no. I received a call about the payment and I went through the whole thing with the man. Finally I lost it and told him I wished they would get their _____
together. I was transferred to a supervisor who gave me the run around and told me she understood my situation. I told her not to sit there and say she understood because she wasn't living my situation. We had a few more words and she finally said she would help. They reduced my payment for 6 months. It seems like the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing. You will get 3-4 calls and sometimes more each day. Each time they call they say they are noting the account but somehow nothing is noted.

Tomorrow I am calling to see if my payment can be reduced more on the mortgage and line of credit, but I don't expect much success. My only alternative is to send what I can and wait for a call to see what they offer. If they can't do anything they will have to take my house. My husband disability is genetic with no cure. It has worsened in the past year and I don't know from day to day what to expect.

Beneficial is the most uncooperative uncaring company. I would not recommend them to anyone. I don't have any complaints about the girls in the Ocala office, they have done what they could and given some advice.

Va

More Beneficial Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Fr
      6th of Dec, 2008

• Pm
      26th of Feb, 2010

Yes they are.I went with them 2007 because my husband was only working pt back then
    He told me was a mistake boy was he right.Right after we did the mortage.Had to pay our on taxes and home owners ins.We had it in our contract for escrow for them to pay. I called them you know 1-800# and they said for frist year we had to pay it out of our pockets. Went to loacl branch before the left the state of Maryland. The branch couldnt give me a
    a answer. Well anyway could keep going on about this... You can never speak to same person and they always say call mite be recorded if they are doing that and doucmenting it in the computer they would have the information and would not have to keep asking same ?