BendaroosFraud

Ask for credit card information upfront before even selecting product. You go to the next screen and they put postage and handling for over $30.00. I got out of the screen and did not hit confirm. The next day it was e-mailed to me that my order was confirmed. I called all day and listened to music. No one ever answered the phone. I also sent them two e-mails to no avail. I am disputing this with my credit card company. They are a fraud company and I hope I can help someone else by not being pulled into this scam.

Comments

• We
      Dec 11, 2008
    Bendaroos - rip off
    Bendaroos

I went on the bendaroos website after my kids said they wanted them for Christmas. I ordered the set for $19.99 plus S+H. It should have been at the most $28.00. I was not able to review my order. It automatically submitted my order and the total ended up being $67 dollars and some change. I was so angry. I e-mailed 3 different times to 2 different websites. One e-mail came back undelivered and for the other two I never received anything back. I called the phone number 2 times. The 1st time I was on hold for approx. 20 minutes and had to hang up. The 2nd I was on hold for 1 hour and 4 minutes with no answer. I am so angry. I have not received the order yet, but I am hoping to send it all back for some money. What a rip off!!! I see now that I am not the only one. A few days after I ordered I saw them at Acme for $19.99.

Wendy

• Ru
      Dec 24, 2008
    Bendaroos - Watchout for unsecure site

I don't have a complaint, yet. I saw this link (complaints) when looking for the company, but did not read before placing order. I hope things work out. I did notice that the first "order" screen DID NOT show the secure lock in my browser bar. After puttingin the first 4 #s of card, I backed-out. I entered site through the Customer Service link, which WAS secure and showed the lock in the web browser bar.

I WAS able to review my order and authorize it...no email reply, yet.

Others SHOULD really look for the lock symbol BEFORE entering their credit card information on any site. I'll keep all other comments in mind.

Jan 03, 2009

4. way more expesive than anticipated
    - customer service is terrible: 1. emails are not answered
    2. phone wait time is forever
    3. representative I spoke with was rude
    4. After waiting 8 weeks for shipment, I was told that they had run out and I would receive my order as soon as the new delivery arrived.
    5. checked my order today and it was CANCELED without any notice.

Buyer beware when dealing with Bendaroos.com

Jan 17, 2009
    Bendaroos - Report this to the FTCa

I decided not to get these in light of the _enormous_ number of complaints on Amazon and elsewhere on the web. It offends me, however, that they are still advertising on children's television stations and that kids (including mine) ask for them. Those of you who _have_ purchased them, PLEASE contact the Federal Trade Commission and make a complaint so that they can be stopped. If you feel particularly industrious, you may also wish to contact Nickelodeon and other TV stations and ask them to stop carrying their false advertising. ALSO: I found it helpful with my 9-year-old to read her some of the complaints about the product. She has learned to be not so trusting of ads on TV.

• Me
      Jan 22, 2009

Spoke with Katie and Jessica from customer service at [protected] to check the status of my order, was told order was cancelled. Although very friendly could not tell me why my order was cx, but did say my credit card was in the process of being credited. I should see it on my statement within 3-5 days if not please call back. Hopefully this all works out. Kids very disappointed!

• Ki
      Feb 15, 2009

ordered product on jan 5, today is feb 15, never recieved product, they charged my credit card for more than they were supposed to, called and they said they would give me the credit on my next statement, and resend the product out, that was on feb 6, still no bendaroos. now they won't even answer the phone. discusted!!!

•   Feb 15, 2009

Your spelling is "discusting, " too!

Dr M A CARNORVORO

• Ba
      Feb 19, 2009
    Bendaroos - Unsolicited phone calls
    Bendaroos
    bendaroos.com

After getting through the automated phone ordering system, they were relentless in attempting to get me to add additional packages to the order. I have never experienced such extreme pressure. I had to finally just hang up after this went on and on.

Now, just a few weeks later they have passed my phone number, and my credit card number(according to complaints I have seen on the web) to third party marketing firms. They have been continuously phoning me with high pressure, non-stop pitches for other products and services.

I would suggest avoiding this company at all costs.