Bendaroos / Never got product after 6 months

1 PO Box 13184Bridgeport, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-203-567-1133

I placed the order on 1/1/2009 & I have called them several times. Originally I was charged for more than 1 set. I only ordered 1 but I was billed for 3. I was told that they would credit the extra one back & should receive package within a few days. Since then I have called and spoken with several different people including a manager. I was credited back the full charge after 4 months. I still have not gotten my product & was never given any confirmations or letters or return calls like I asked.

They promise something that they are not able to deliver. I asked for shipping details & they said that they were not able to provide it. Well, that is because they never shipped it. My daughter has been waiting for 5 months for this things. I was lucky & found a 500 pack @ WalGreens for only $19.99. Cheaper than online or by phone. And I did not have to pay for shipping. THEY ARE ACTUALLY IN MY HAND!! I paid for them & got them. Isn't that the way that it is supposed to work?

The owning company is Merchant Media. I am going to contact them next. I can't believe the way that they handle the complaints & pretend like they shipped it when they know darn well that it never left their warehouse!

I even gave them different address to mail them to. Just in case it was a address problem. NOPE! I never got them & was treated very badly by the persons on the phone.

Comments

• Va
      2nd of Dec, 2008
    Bendaroos - Unauthorized billing
    Phone: 203-567-1133
    bendaroos.com

The web sit adds on more sets without you ordering them. There is no confirmation for your order until it is all finished and the order already submitted.

• Tr
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Same thing just happened to me and I decided to try and cancel my order...which took 3 emails and many phone calls. They say it is all set now (cancelled)...I hope so. Very misleading website as they keep asking you to add things on and then you don't get a chance to confirm order and next thing you know it you are paying $74 for a $27 order.

• Dw
    Bendaroos - No customer support / Overcharge
    P.O. Box 13184
    Bridgeport
    Connecticut
    Phone: (203) 567-1133
    bendaroos.com

I tried to order one set of these for my son for $19.95 + 6.95 S&H but after checkout it showed they were charging my card $56.00 for one set plus family pack. No way to change your order or confirm anything once you enter your credit card number. Customer support telephone number does not work when you dial it. Be very aware of this company making fraudulant credit card charges.

Dwayne Dodson

• Ca
      8th of Dec, 2008

This company is a scam. Stay away! I ordered bendaroos but the website is very confusing. They say you get a "double order" for free, but when you check out you are charged twice!

The website is poorly designed (? on purpose) that requires you to click through many screens of "add-ons" before you get to checkout. There is no review of your order prior to submission. If there are problems with your order (like being overcharged, as I was) you are out of luck.

They did not respond to email requests. I called customer service which was busy for a long period of time. Finally got through and was on hold for 31 minutes before a person picked up. Despite the fact the the website says 4-6 weeks before shipping (and charging your credit card) the person said "oh your order is being shipped -- I can't change the order".

Caveat emptor! Let the buyer beware!

• Wi
      8th of Dec, 2008

exactly the problems ive with this company

9th of Dec, 2008

I, too, was ALMOST ripped off! I had trouble getting through to the company using email...(because they charged me for 2 sets AND a family fun pack I was charged 88.94, when what I ACTUALLY thought I ordered should have cost 27.98)

No email response; phone contact took 30 minutes the first time to get through and while waiting for someone to come on the phone the next day...(since they told me I HAD to wait 24 hours) I found 'rip-off' regarding the SAME issue with others who tried to do honest business with Bendaroos.

So...I IMMEDIATELY contacted my credit card company and thankfully, no charges were placed yet. I promptly cancelled my credit card! They aren't getting MY business!!

• Di
      10th of Dec, 2008
    Bendaroos - Unauthorized Charge
    Bendaroos - As Seen On TV
    Texas
    bendaroos.com

I was ordering these for my grandkids and tried to cancel the sale after I saw how much the shipping is - did not hit "Place Order" and exited out - it placed the order anyway and when I tried to send a cancellation on the "order confirmation" email - it came back undeliverable - DON"T USE THIS SITE - ITS A BIG SCAM

• Do
    Bendaroos - Did not receive complete order
    PO Box 13184
    Bridgeport
    Connecticut
    Phone: (203) 567-1133
    bendaroos@3plworldwide.com

They advertise "order one set - get another free". We ordered 2 sets and never received the free sets. Bendaroos will not answer email or phone.

• Ne
    Bendaroos - overcharging
    Bendaroos

This company overcharged me I ordered one bendaroos kit and they charged me for five I could not believe that. Then it takes at 30 min to talk to someone and they tell me they can't help me till the transaction went through which makes no sense at all I am so upset I am still dealing with this issue DON'T purchase anything through this company

• Da

I agree!

• Go
      17th of Dec, 2008
    Bendaroos - Over charged
    Kearny
    New Jersey

The Bendaroos website over changed me with two sets for $56 when i ordered for one set, there was no way for me to know that i was charged for 2 sets until I finished the order. I had no number to call back for cancellation. very suspecious company and cheating

• De
      23rd of Dec, 2008

I totally agree. Bendaroos are a total ripoff. I called to place my order and I end up ordering 2 sets with a promise of a free one with each purchase. They are so small and I did not get my complete order. On Television it appears to be a huge order than what is really in the package. Not only that they did not include an invoice to return it. I spent $70.00 and I am not pleased with what I received... It is pathetic with their advertisement, yet so appealing to the children and not get what you see is a total ripoff and is a false advertisement. You need to stop selling this and get off the television. I will not recommend Bendaroos to anyone else. I placed my order via the phone and they constantly prompt you to order something else. They go on and on about purchasing something else. I am not pleased with their product, service or the ability to send it back.

• Ro
      9th of Jan, 2009

I ordered Bendaroos on 12/16/08. As of today 1/9/09 I have not received but my account was debited on 1/2/09. Truthfully a little nervous after reading these comments. Very true about when ordering you can't review your order till after your credit card info is entered. I did receive an e-mail confirmation with an order number. After I ordered the 500 pc set another set popped up called the family fun kit-free shipping. It is not clear when you are ordering that this is in addition to. I thought I was ordering the Family fun kit instead of the 500 pc but after you click you can't go back and remove so you are stuck. Tried to contact them with no luck until today. I got the phone number from my bank which was listed next to my debit charge. Talked to Customer Service 1/9/09 and was told the order was scheduled for delivery by Fedex on 1/12/09. I asked for the tracking number and went to Fedex.com to track and was told no such number. I will just wait till 1/12 and see if merchandise is received and if everything I ordered is received. In all of the complaints it seems this item doesn't actually do what it is suppose to. If this is the case I will definitely call the Better Business Bureau in Connecticut and lodge a complaint. Thanks for the great info. I'll return after I receive merchandise.
    Rose B
    Coconut Creek

31st of Jan, 2009

not good at all

• Si
      11th of Feb, 2009

My daughter saved her money since Christmas so I could order her the Bendaroos she sees advertised on TV every day. When she had saved $19.99, I called the 800 number to place an order. I did not speak to a person but to a computer. Ordering seemed simple enough at first -- I gave my credit card information and waited for a confirmation.

Instead I was lead through 35 minutes of sales pitches for all kinds of other products and for 'upgrades' to my order. I never received a confirmation number or the amount I would be charged. I could not go 'back' through the phone to cancel my order. I knew it was a scam before I even hung up the phone, but they already had my credit card information and there was no option to cancel and no ability to speak to a human being.

So, today I checked my credit card -- I was charged $63.21! Now, I did receive two small boxes of Bendaroos, but there was no packing slip, no confirmation information, and no way to return the items enclosed. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company and will be in touch with the Better Business Bureau tomorrow. This is such a scam, and they're using children!

• On
      11th of Feb, 2009

I ordered the bendaroos online from bendaroos.com and did not have any problems. I never order anything on the phone for that very reason! If you run into an advertising problem online or the site appears suspicious, you can back out of it before you give them all of your personal and credit information. It did take a bit longer than normal for the item to ship, however we did receive them. Enclosed was a packing slip in the small manilla envelope, along with a brochure on ideas on how to use the bendaroos to make models to make crafts or build things. I paid $19.99 plus shipping, which I believe was approximately $6.95. My son seems happy with them. I would suggest to order items on the internet using Mozilla browser paying through paypal or google checkout if at all possible.

• Ad
      18th of May, 2009

WISH I had checked this website first. This company totally tricks the consumer. says it will give you double the order but you end up paying triple and when you go to cancel your order it still charges you. RIP OFF.

• Mo
      9th of Dec, 2009

This just happened to me last night! I thought I was ordering $19.99 worth of charges for these Bendaroos. The website is very deceptive!!! I didn't realize I was ordering 2 more things when I pushed "Yes, order" - - I thought I was just confirming that I wanted the set worth $19.99. Long story short, I get to the end & I have $74 worth of charges that I WASN'T able to review or remove!!! I tried to call to cancel immediately but it was past their business hours. I called the next morning to cancel & they said they couldn't because the order was already "IN PROCESS".
    What a RIP-OFF!!! I guess I will have to send the package back when I receive it & get screwed out of nearly $30 in shipping charges. Ughh..
    Please, do not order anything from these people

• Up
      26th of Dec, 2009
    Bendaroos - Does not work
    Texas

My son has been wanting bendaroos for a while. They r on the tv all the time evrytime they come on that's what he wanted. I saw them at walmart and bought it for him for Christmas. They did not work I thought I was doing some thing wrong. I tried everything. But they did not work do not buy them it is a wast of money.