Belmark Shelties / Bella Thompson

1 7806 county road 11De Graff, OH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 937-585-4818

On November the 2nd 2008 we paid Bella Thompson a $200.00 deposit on a pup that had just been born and then tried to cancel 24hrs later after we found out that our home owners association prohibited more than 2 dogs per household only to be told by Bella, "sorry no refunds". We called her back on the 20th of November 2008 and informed her that our homeowners association did not and would not enforce the restriction since other homes have 3 dogs. Bella Thompson said she wanted it in writing that we were approved. When I told her that wasn't going to happen, she said sorry I'm not selling you the dog. I said, OK, then give us our refund back. She said, no.

I can see if we'd have waited months and then tried to back out. Or had bought the dog and then tried to return it a couple of months later sure keep the deposit but 24 HOURS. Give me a break. It's low class for sure.

Our fault since the website clearly said NO REFUNDS. However we own a Sheltie who was sired by a Belmark champion named Monet. Sorry Bella but we won't be repeat customers.

Comments

• Br
      18th of Feb, 2009

I am shocked that you would post a negative comment like this about Bella Thompson. You are an adult, and it is your responsibility to check things out on your end before any cash is laid out. It states plainly on her site NO REFUNDS. You should have checked it out with your home owners association before you did anything. Is there a site where she can go post something negative about you that you were irresponsible and well just plain STUPID! Sorry for sounding harsh, but Bella Thompson is one of the sweetest, and most responsible sheltie breeders out there. It just makes me mad that somebody can go off half cocked, and say something like this about her. All I can see here is that a person didn't want to take responsibility for their own actions so they tried to blame her...SAD VERY SAD!

Get Your Act Together
    Brittany in Texas

• Lu
      3rd of Mar, 2009

Completely agree with Brittany. You should have checked first. Plus the breeder was right, I wouldn't sell a dog to you after this. It could be homeless next day with this excuse that your HOA does not allow more than 2 dogs per household. Sorry, but a dog is not a disposable item.
    A Belmark customer from TX.

• Sh
      27th of Jul, 2009

Coming from a breeders stand point I would not have sold a dog to you either after finding out about the HOA. The HOA can change their mind at any time and enforce the "law" then the breeder would be stuck taking the dog back, or taking the chance that the dog be placed in a bad home. If someone puts a deposit down on a car or house do they get it back if they change their mind? No, it doesn't matter how long afterwards. It's the fact that the seller put the item off the market. There would be no telling how many or if any other potential buyers would have offered to buy the pup. So don't put your idiotic comments up here, do your homework!! No refunds mean no refunds!!

• Bu
      12th of Jun, 2010

You guys talk about Bella like you know her. Yet some of you live in Texas? WELL YOU DON'T KNOW HER!!! For Gods sake...what is wrong with people these days...

• En
      16th of Feb, 2012

While this response is 4 years after the original post, we have purchased two Shelties from Bella, a little girl from Jenny and the little girl runt from Rumor's first litter. We did the research, read her rules on the website and went thru her interview process. Yes, she is tough in the interview process, but that only means she cares about the future well being of her dogs...and we came away with the two best pet quality Shelties anyone could hope for. Anyone who reads these posts should understand the rules listed on her website, perceived to be fair or not, and if accepted, be prepared to go home with the best little dog you would ever want. Don't be afraid to buy from Bella. She's tough but fair and her dogs are the best, especially those from the Rumor/Jenny line. SMB - Springfield, Ohio

• Te
      29th of Nov, 2012

To the poster (Butter-cup) who does not believe that someone in Texas can actually know Bella...you do not know how wrong you are. Bella has an international reputation as one of the best, most honest and respected breeders in the United States. You need to do your homework before trying to berate people.

As with any contract placed before you: READ IT and understand it BEFORE you sign anything. Upon signing it you have accepted the terms and conditions.

• Ci
      2nd of Jul, 2014

I purchased a puppy from Bella in 2004. Chase is 10 yrs old now :(. He was sold to me as a companion pup but is beyond a doubt the most beautiful sheltie I have owned. Bought my first one in 1981. He is a pup of Tangles and Soccer and has the most wonderful temperment. My other shelties were a a bit too reserved but Chase has always loved everyone that has ever come over to visit. I would much rather purchase a pup from someone who is very picky than one who is just looking to place a puppy with whoever. I have been down that road and regretted it. I would purchase from her again.l

• Re
      1st of Aug, 2015

I would think that "NO REFUNDS" means you don't get your money back.