Bellsouth Residential Phone Service / Watching your bills like a hawk!

Bellsouth is the most difficult company I have ever done business with. Their sale practices are deceptive. Many of their sales people are among the most aggressive and deceptive people that I have ever dealt with in a company: My complaints are as follows:

1.) I would get 2 telemarketing calls per week from their sales people, until I called and told them to stop.

2.) They billed me for international calling which I never ordered. Some of their sales people signed me up for phone features that I didn't want, while assuring me they were "free". They were not.

3.) My phone bill rose to around $100 per month, and I make very few long distance calls.

4.) Ordering dsl was a nightmare that I would still be in if it weren't for a dedicated employee who helped me out by giving me her at work e-mail.

5.) In addition, when you call for support. You are given a call center in a foreign country. The language barrier appears to be just too much for some people there and they are unable to answer your questions. Although I called the "American side", and I was once transferred 5 times, before someone wanted to answer my questions.

If you sign up with Bellsouth, I suggest watching them and your bill like a hawk.

Who has time for that?

P.S. My mother is also very frustrated with them for giving her more services than she really wants, but she is older and unable to cut through the red tape.

Georgetown, KY