Bellezza Coffee / Unauthorized charges

I recently ordered a sample of Seattle's Best Coffee online and was informed via that website, that I wouls be charged only $6 and some change for the trial. Twenty four hours later, my bank statment showed to larger debit amounts...$25.00 and $38.xx...both of which were not disclosed to me. The charges show they are from "Bellezza Coffee" of Evanston, Illinois. I immediately cancelled my debit card and will dispute this charge!!! It's so sad how dishonest people need to be to make money.

Ju

Comments

Gi
  12th of Mar, 2009
BELLEZZA COFFEE - A double charge on my card
Kansas

I ordered some Bellezza Coffeey from an ad that came in my email and when they proceeded to complete the transaction they charged my account twice. I wish to cancel this transaction as I have found out some things about this and I no longer want their product. Please send me a phone number or some other means of contacting them so I can get my money back. As a result of their double charging my account they have put me in an overdraw. Thank you. Betty Browning

Ti
  18th of Mar, 2009
bellezza coffee - false trial offer
bellezza coffee
Colon
Michigan
Phone: 2693862077

Bellezza coffee was one of the options to choose to receive a free pair of uggs, after completing a survery. The site never intended to send you any shoes, just used that statement to coax you into the site. Bellezza coffee stated this would be a trial offer of $5.00 only, then could continue to order if product was liked. Instead a charge of $25.00 came out of my acct and then another of $38.95 the same day? Iam trying very hard to stop this, but of course cannot find out how. I dont have very much money and most of what was in my account was allocated towards certain bills. It was my fault for falling for this, Iam usually more careful, dont know what got into me but I'll be dammed if I dont go down without a fight!

Zo
  20th of Mar, 2009

You were informed via *what* website?

It wasn't www.seattlesbest.com, as you make it appear - since they don't sell coffee online.

And it wasn't from www.seattlecoffeedirect.com, as they don't sell Seattle's Best.

Here's an idea:

If you're going to post negative feedback about a site - SPECIFY what site.

I suspect that most of the scammers are relying on people being too thick to even realize what site they're on.

As
  25th of Mar, 2009

I have the same issue, though it's not from Seattle's Best, but from Seattle Coffee Direct, which I ordered their trial for $6 or so, and yes, this company called Bellezza Coffee charged me $25 and $38 something. This is a legit scam.

De
  25th of Mar, 2009

ordered my life .com . seattle coffee had a gift for $25.00 i took it. then the coffe came from bellezza coffe. three day's later recieved two more shipments at $38.95 each. not ordered

Ca
  30th of Mar, 2009

The same thing just happened to me. I have a charge on my credit card from Bellezza Coffee for $25.00 when I ordered, I think, a promotion from Seattle Coffee for $6.00. So now I have 3 more charges for coffee they sent within 2 weeks at $38.95 each (total $116.85, plus the $25.00.) But there are three different coffee companies--Bellezza Coffee, Evanston, IL, Seattle Coffee Direct Co., and Metro Coffee Roasters. So be careful, I only started with Seattle Coffee Direct Co. Are they all the same company? Carol, Belle Vernon, PA

La
  31st of Mar, 2009

I ordered a trial of Seattle Coffee Direct as part of a deal to get a $100 Barnes and Noble gift card. Next thing you know, my credit card shows 4 charges of $38 three days apart from Bellezza Coffee. I called Seattle Coffee Direct customer service and asked if the woman if they knew anything about it. She said, "Yes, that's us. When you join, you have to select a frequency of delivery. Since you didn't, the computer just sent them out." I said, "Every three days? What kind of idiotic frequency is that?" So she says if I don't want the coffee, I can return it in the delivery bags, just seal them up, mark them "Return to sender, " and drop them the bin. Don't take them to the counter or the P.O. will make you pay postage, she says. If you've already tossed out the bags, you have to package the coffee and pay for shipping. But at least they say they will refund the money you paid for the coffee. I just did this, so I am waiting to see if I get a $152 off on my credit card bill. This may not be illegal, but it sure is a scam.

Ja
  4th of Apr, 2009

Wow, the same thing happen to me. As soon as I got the $25 and $38 charge, I canceled my card. I than sent the coffee back. It has taken them two months to give me back my money. They charged my in Feb and I sent the packages back in February. It is now April! Where is my money. I even spoke to a manager. All she could say that it takes 5-7 business days for the money to come back in my account. Why is it taking months? Who should I contact?

Ju
  9th of Apr, 2009

I have the same problem, how do I cancel and hopefully get some money back?

Di
  8th of May, 2009

order was cancelled but i was charged for the products that i didn't order

On
  6th of Aug, 2009

Well even if Seattle Coffee or GlobalCoffee.com agreed to NOT use the Bellezza Coffee name, they sure are! THEY ARE SURE MANAGING TO CAUSE A TERRIBLE REPUTATION FOR BELLEZZA COFFEE. TRY GETTING CHARGED 38.95 EVERY DAY while on vacation! I am ever so glad we can check things online these days. I have called my bank and they will do an investigation, but that only stops them from charging me three days in a row. I'm not one to stop at a little jerky company, but I will certainly be contacting the company that asks you to sign up for their services as a part of a commitment to receive a gift card by doing so many purchases with different companies. It's too bad a rinky dink company has to go and blow it for those folks that works so hard to build a business, but also those that work so hard for their money. I wish there were so much more that can be done, but leave it to the little people, we can carry a big voice when we work together and push all allowed legal representation to do it's work. If we all call our banks when this happens, that bank will in turn find out what really is going on and will reverse the charges back to the originating bank that accepts the transactions for the company that recieves your funds and before long that bank will shut down the company that really stands behind the name Seattle coffee or GlobalCoffee.com. It's too bad it's not that easy for the Bellezza Coffee company. Head's up, their using your name day in and day out, and beleive me this time it's not a household name that represents a very beautiful picture! Good luck to all that have this same issue. Oh, and don't forget to ask your bank to place a stop payment, they usually will not charge you if you are filing a claim at the same time. As long as the amount is exactly to the penny, they can stop it from hitting your bank again, but that means it's for any person putting that amount through. Thanks for listening!

Cy
  25th of Sep, 2009
BELLEZZA COFFEE - Wrongfully Charged
Bellezza Coffee.com
Illinois

Ordered a trial package and was immediately charged $38.95 for a membership. Misleading and false advertising.