Belle Glade Chev. Cad. / Deceptive Sales Practices

1 1700 E. Palm Beach Rd., Belle Glade, Fla 33430, Belle Glade, FL, United States
Phone: (561) 992-9700

DON'T BUY FROM THIS DEALERSHIP!!!

On 03/28/2012, I entered into an agreement ( or claim ) to purchase a Black 2006 Mercedes SL500 vin#WDBSK75F109996, from Plattners Belle Glade Chev. Cad. Upon giving my verbal agreement to purchase the above said car, I instructed the sales person Derek Bishop to fed ex me the paperwork from his dealership in Belle Glade, Fla. to my residence in Atlanta, GA. Based on my discussion with Derek, the FedEx package was sent on Thursday, March 29, 2012.

I received the package in Atlanta on Monday, April 3, 2012. Upon receiving the package, I immediately reviewed and signed the Retail Agreement, the Motor Vehicle Title Reassignment Supplement, Application for Certificate of Title Without Registration, Separate Odometer Disclosure Statement and Acknowledgement, Power of Attorney for a Motor Vehicle, Mobile Home or Vessel, Vehicle Air Pollution Control Statement, Florida Insurance Affidavit, Retail Buyers Order, Warranty Disclaimer, Addendum to Installment Contract/Lease contract for Bailment of Vehicle, Arbitration Clause, Privacy Policy and Contact consent and Retail Installment Sales Contract. I then sent all documents back to Plattner’s Belle Glade Chev. Cad. with a partial down payment of $2, 800.00, in the form of a cashier’s check on Tuesday, April 4, 2012. I also included a note that I would pay the remaining $6, 700.00 on April 16th, to make up a total down payment of $9, 500.00. The finance company approved me for a loan of $31, 998.00 on March 28th. The package was signed for and received on Wed. April 5, 2012, by Plattner’s Belle Glade Chev. Cad.

At approximately 3:29pm Friday, April 6, 2012, I received a call from my sales person Derek Bishop informing me that the car had been sold to a gentleman from New York, who paid all cash, full price for the vehicle.

I questioned why the car was sold, when we had agreed to a price of $31, 998.00 and he had both my partial down payment and signed paperwork confirming the sale of the vehicle. Derek stated that someone else sold the car and he had no further knowledge of the sale. I immediately contacted the GM of Plattner’s Belle Glade Chev. Cad. (Jimmy Tucker) and questioned him about the sale. Jimmy stated at first he was not aware of the situation, then he later stated that he was aware of my deal and he was aware of the other deal where the car was sold. He offered to resale the car to me, if I would come up to the price the other person offered. I refused the deal and informed him I needed an investigation and to call me back.