Bellavani / Unauthorized charges

1 1000 Bristol Street, #17125, Newport Beach, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-235-5276

I was shopping for Walmart on the Internet and a pop-up came up on my screen saying I had won my choice of one of four free prizes, and my choice was a sample of Bellavani facial cream. I was supposed to be charged four dollars and change for shipping, so I gave them my debit card information. I received the product and shortly thereafter they attempted to take $98 out of my checking account. I am on disability and did not have the funds in my account. I then received a second bottle of Bellavani, with another charge of $98 on my debit card. I called them and tried to explain that I never authorized them to take $98 out of my account, that I did not sign up for monthly shipments of Bellavani, and that I was going to return the unused bottle in its original packing, and offered to return the partially used bottle. I was told by a Bellavani representative to just return the unused bottle and that would be the end of it. This was in approximately July 2013. Today, April 7, 2014, I received an email from Bellavani about my "delinquent account" [protected]. I called the representative and told her the foregoing, and she just said ok and hung up. In reviewing other complaints on the Internet, it appears I am not the only one who was victimized by this company. I no longer have any paperwork on this as it was over six months ago.

Li
Apr 7, 2014

Comments

• Jd
      7th of Oct, 2014

Same thing happened to me. I have not ordered anything or received anything. It was probably a year and a half ago, maybe two years ago when they scammed me into a trail order. Then tried to bill me for approx. $90. So I cancelled it, and returned the product. They are now bothering me with this billing statement saying I owe $98.37, for what? The letter stated that they tried to bill my credit card and it was declined. I do cancel card numbers and get new cards issued due to problems like this of my inconvenience. They letter looks like a collection agency letter stating "Priority Message" in a red box. How upsetting to make me look like a deadbeat for something that I DO NOT OWE! Tried to call the number on the statement to clear this matter: 1-866-441-4733. I called twice and got disconnected both times. I googled this number and the name came up under Takar Group. I reported this complaint to PeopleClaim.com. I also reported the phone number to the FCC. I am sick of these bogus companies making bogus claims and wasting my time! To also add that it is very upsetting opening mail such as this. I want these companies to put out of business for their scams!

• Jd
      7th of Oct, 2014

May I also add to my prior message the letter that I had received had the address: P.O. Box 406. Farmingdale, NY on the letterhead. If you look up Bellavani it is out of California? What kind of SCAM is going on!