Bella Terra Cosmetics / aggressive sales tactics and no refund policy

1 Houston, TX, United States Review updated:

Today, I entered Memorial City Mall for a reservation at the Apple Store. I passed the Bella Terra counter and was handed a flyer by the salesperson, Jacob. He asked me to stop for a free sample. I told him I could not stop because I had an appointment at the Apple Store. He said it would only take a minute, so I said okay. He put a sample on my hand and proceed to encourage me to try the foundation on half my face. I told him I had to leave because of my appointment at the Apple Store, but I would stop by later. Jacob would not relent until I purchased the foundation and he gave me a free blush for $75.76. As I attempted to leave, he said he wanted to show me something else. Again, I told him I could not stay because I was now late for my appointment. Jacob tried a sample of the skincare on my arm and put another package of products together. He told me the original prices and went through another sales pitch. I told him I could not purchase the products and every time I tried to leave for my appointment. He would say wait, wait, wait! I'll give you this product for free and a discount. I spent another $357.21. I went to the Apple Store and completed my my business there. While I was waiting in the Apple Store. I realized that I felt coerce to purchase items I didn't want to buy. When I left the Apple Store, I stopped by the Bella Terra counter and told Jacob I wanted to return everything for a full refund. I told him I had buyers remorse and no longer wanted the items. I felt foolish because I let high pressure sales tactics tap into my insecurities regarding my acne and acne scars. Jacob told me he could not refund the purchases because all sales are final only exchanges are given. I was not provided this information before the beginning of the sales. I told Jacob that he should provided this information. I contacted the office today and left my name and number. No one has returned my call.

Bu
Dec 5, 2016

Comments

• Fr
      16th of Dec, 2016

Honestly I cannot understand for the life of me WHY Bella Terra allows such tactics OR is the problem that they actually PROMOTE such tactics for profits! Over and over again I'm reading complaints, but I have not found ONE where Bella Terra has actually DONE something to remedy the situation. Maybe the best course of action is through LEGAL means - maybe all of us need to document the experience and report them to our individual States' Attorney General's offices.