Bell Satelite / Recall on HD Receiver

1 ON, Canada Review updated:

Just found out during the hockey play-offs that Bell has had some difficulty with their HD Receiver Model 6100. Subscribers like us were not able to receive channels, which we had been fully paying for, for quite some time. When I contacted Bell Customer Service I was initially advised it was the fault of the signal provider, who just happened to be TSN/CTV. However, as the conversation progressed, I learned that Bell was RECALLING these HD Receivers!!! Guess what? At no time did we receive a recall notice nor, according to the customer service lady would we receive a recall notice. Bell is just simply waiting for their customers to call in and complain!! How nice. So we have already paid to have a technician come to our home and you people new the problem was the HD Receiver and didn't bother to tell us? Thanks. This company, in my opinion is just morally bankrupt and the CRTC hasn't the teeth to deal with them, nor does the Consumer Protection Act or Agency. Trust me, I made those calls also. So, in Canada, we as consumers are stuck. Bell and Rogers have married. We have no competition in this country and really need some investment in telecommunications. Just sayin

Comments

• Ds
      26th of Apr, 2012

Interesting that even Digital Home Canada doesn't mention it being recalled.

• Lo
      26th of Apr, 2012

That is because Bell didn't bother to send out a recall notice. I have contacted TSN/CTV, the CRTC, the Consumer Protection Agency and Marketplace to investigate this matter. We received our new HD receiver and remote control yesterday and low and behold, 5 missing channels appeared. Of course Bell is going to bill us the $75.00 for the technicians call to our house to also check the dish. Feel free to contact Bell and talk to a customer service rep. The lady I spoke with advised me she had had 5 calls prior to mine in just a half hour regarding the same issue.

26th of Apr, 2012

I also suggest posting at Digital Home Canada regarding this as I am sure there are members there that would like to know that their receiver is on the recall list.

• Lo

Thank you. I am on it.

26th of Apr, 2012

Actually, there is already a thread about it at DHC.

• Br
      9th of May, 2012

Contacted by Bell early April that they would be sending me a new receiver to replace my 6100(purchased). Told me it could not receive MPEG4 HD and suggested that I recycle it. Got a 6131 two weeks later...at no charge. Thanks to all the people who complained. It clearly helped me.