Bell Mobility / over billing

1 Canada Review updated:

I may have a problem with bell that tops the list. It all started about 3 months ago when my son was staying with my mother. While doing laundry she accidentally washed his phone. Knowing that we were completely at fault and the warranty was void, we went to the bell mobility store and purchased a samsung galaxy s at full price.

When I arrived back home, I went to my computer and upgraded his service plan to avoid any over charges. I used the online system and it seemed to work flawlessly. Satisfied with the new plan I didn't give it another thought, until about about a month later, when my e-bill showed up in my in-box. I wash shocked to see that my bill was over $1000 when it is normally about $250 for my 3 smart phones. I raced to the laptop to check what was going on, and found that the new phone had a $750 data charge. I check the plan and it said I had 2 GB included and had only down loaded 60 MB of data. I then call customer service where I wade through the seeming endless menu options. After waiting on hold for more than half an hour I finally get a real person, who was very friendly but not authorized to do much. She put me on hold many times as she had to check with her manager. As it turns out the problem was with the "MY 20" bundle that was on the old plan, and being cheaper than adding all those features separately, I left it on. The CSR eventually received authorization to refund the data charges to my account as a credit, which I could live with. We spent another 20 or so minutes changing the plan so I would have no more overages. Aside from the 2 hours I will never get back I was satisfied with the out come.

Fast forward 2 months, today I receive my e-bill, for $3200, that has been charged to my credit card, I then look up last months and the whole $750 credit had been used up. So I am in a complete panic and call the customer service number, again a frustrating experience. When I finally get to a real person, she quickly agreed that things like this shouldn't happen and it was a mistake on their part, The last CSR had missed putting the unlimited text plan on. She put me on hold, and I was thinking `that was easy`. How wrong I was. She came back on and informed me that the refund would have to be processed through the business department and wold take at least 5 business days . So I just about have a panic attack. I only had about $2800 left on my visa, which I needed to go Christmas shopping this weekend, I then ask to speak to some one higher up and after 20 minutes on hold, I am transferred to J. (I have all of the names and id numbers but will not use them here) J repeats basically what the first CSR told me and there is nothing that can be done. I ask to be transferred to a supervisor, he puts me on hold, comes back to tell me that there is nothing that they can do either. I insist on having them tell me that themselves, then all of a sudden none of them are available, even though seconds earlier he said he just talked to one. I argue with him fruitlessly for another 10 minutes or so, then ask to be transferred to cancellation. After waiting on hold for another 20 minutes S picks up, I once again explain my situation, he apologies ( I`M SO SICK OF HEARING SORRY) and gives me his personal guarantee that he will do every thing in his power to fix the problem. S told me to give him an hour and he would call back, it has been 5 hours and still no response.

If any one can help contact me at swanifrmcnd@yahoo.ca
Ryan

Comments

• Re
      23rd of Feb, 2011

Bell is the worst company in history! I have had nothing but problems since I have had an account there. I wish everyone would boycott bell!!!

• Ar
      26th of May, 2011

Those dumb bell customers never make sense, they want everything for nothing. We suffer so much at Bell because of this stupidity ... sometimes we wish they stop calling all together and go away ... rather get no calls and possibility of business closure than to deal with ###s who know nothing about their plans, bills, or even the phone they're using ...such ###s.

• Ar
      8th of Jun, 2011

I personally think its better off not to call except to dispute bills and disconnect your service. Even better, switch to a different telecommunication company all together so you rid yourself of headache of dealing with incompetent unhappy employees who don't even want to be there, and we as employees don't have to deal with your IQ of a squirrel l intelligent, your miserable attitude, and your stupid questions. This is my personal opinion based on what I seen from the company and its customers.