Bell Internet Service / Cold Call to check service

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

I just received a cold call from someone with an Ottawa number saying they are from Bell and a technician is working in our area and they are checking our Internet connection. He gave me my address and phone number, I did not give him any information at all. He said he would scan the line and if everything was ok he would end the call if it was not he would send me a technician. I did not report any problems with my internet. In a split second he said "oh your internet connection is excellent! one of the best in your area" and hung up. He gave me a 1-888 number to call him back if I needed any other information. I immediately redialed the number he called from and it would not accept out side calls and the 1-888 number did not exisit. I tried calling Bell at 310-7873 to speak to someone and they were no help at all. Has anyone else had this type of call and is is legit?? I just don't want to have my identity stolen from them scanning my computer.

Ak

Comments

• Ar
      19th of Feb, 2012
    Bell Internet Service - unprofessional
    Bell
    Ottawa
    Ontario
    Canada

We've been waiting over ten days to get our internet hooked up.The first two dates scheduled for a technician to come hook it up no one showed up first or last. Then the third time some one came and set up the router but he said someone had to connect it at the central office... So it's been four days since the technician, every day until today they said it would be activated by 12am that night, big surprise it never happened now they tell us they're sending a technician in 4 days (so far the odds of them not showing up are 3 to 1 so highly doubtful). When you have customers waiting for two weeks any respectable company would of made them a priority but all this says about Bell is they're greedy corporate pigs where quantity takes priority of quality!