Bell Canada / inept, fraudulent practice

1 Sault Ste marie, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

To move and transfer home phone: $55 charge; but add new products like internet and cable, charges are waived. Arrange connection date--no show--wires got crossed and they had a different date in their books--an entire day of waiting for service person. Service person arrives--crabby and obstinate claiming that damage is necessary to drywall to connect PVR--we so okay forget PVR, just give us the regular cable--oh, that's a call to head office--you' have to request a new work order. Okay, please leave our home, we'll get our internet and cable from another company. One month later, there's a $100 disconnection charge for the internet and cable that never got connected. Call to have it removed--no problem, we'll take care of it. Next month it's still there, plus late charges--another call--it will be removed. Repeat another 3 times. Finally we are done with Bell--late charges still being applied. Move our business to Shaw, now Bell charges disconnection fees which, according to Shaw, violates CRTC rules in that only one company at a time can charge customers for the same service. Bell argues it's a valid $23 disconnection charge--forget it's against the rules, let's just talk about the multiple calls, emails and letters to have the $100 first charge removed only to fail every time. And you have the nerve to charge me again? I have never before experienced a more stunning display of disrespect toward a customer. I warn everyone, even if you enquire about possible hidden charges, even if you have everything explained to you in detail, even if you ask all the right questions and get names and employee ID's. If you have an issue be prepared for either your concern to be written off, or to spend time you probably don't have, on the phone trying to get it dealt with. The people working at the call centres in East Asia have no communication with the people who threaten legal action for failed payment working in Toronto. Yes, people threats to my credit rating and of legal action--for charges for services NEVER PROVIDED.

Kt

Comments

• Ke
      5th of May, 2011

Bell is the worst company

• Ar
      26th of May, 2011

Those dumb bell customers never make sense, they want everything for nothing. We suffer so much at Bell because of this stupidity ... sometimes we wish they stop calling all together and go away ... rather get no calls and possibility of business closure than to deal with ###s who know nothing about their plans, bills, or even the phone they're using ...such ###s.

• Ar
      8th of Jun, 2011

I personally think its better off not to call except to dispute bills and disconnect your service. Even better, switch to a different telecommunication company all together so you rid yourself of headache of dealing with incompetent unhappy employees who don't even want to be there, and we as employees don't have to deal with your IQ of a squirrel l intelligent, your miserable attitude, and your stupid questions. This is my personal opinion based on what I seen from the company and its customers.

P.S-->Scambuster, you too