Bell Canada / unfair disconnection fees!
When I changed my Bell dial-up internet services for Bell high-speed internet services approximately 3 years ago. I was not told that I had signed up for a contract with Bell for this service and that this service would be automatically renewed every year on its anniversary date. In addition, I was not told that the disconnection charge would include paying 1/2 of the contract that was left. In my case, I had to pay for an additional 5 months of service that I would not be using as the disconnection charge. These pieces of information seem quite important to consumers so they can make informed decisions on the services and providers they wish to sign up for.
When I called to inquire about this, I was told that I should have read the agreement on their website. The customer service representative I spoke to was very rude and was not willing to help me problem solve this situation.
How can I read the information on their website before I sign up for their services to access the internet? Why as I not informed of this steep disconnection charge? I expect there to be a charge for disconnection, but not 5 months or $500. This tactic seems to be very underhanded and gouging the customers. For such a large corporation, their customer service is below standard and very customer-unfriendly.
"Solutions for small and medium sized businesses" does not seem to extend beyond getting customers to sign up for their services. There is definitely no such thing as customer appreciation.
I warn all individuals and business owners to be careful and ask about all their hidden fees before signing up with Bell Canada for any of their services.
More Bell Canada Complaints & Reviews
- Bell Canada / Asurion - unfair business practice and poor customer service 
- Bell Canada - collection agency
- Bell Canada - constant billing errors 
- Bell Canada - harassment customer service 
- Bell Canada - over billing 
- Bell Canada - Internet agreement that Bell offered in March 2018 for 12 months but charging double the amount instead
- Bell Canada - cancelled internet services and the phone rep didn't finalize the request.
- Bell Canada - fibe tv
- Bell Canada - bell mobility and tv services
- Bell Canada - internet installation/new customer