Bell Canada / bell paper invoice

ON, Canada Review updated:

We have received notice that as of June 2012 there will be a charge of $2 for paper invoice unless you register for eBilling. No Option here !!! either pay $2 or go online. I have been trying to register for the past month but each time with error or failure. I got a chat online with some idiot who provided instructions after resetting my profile and it still didn't work. I tried again today, another error, it says: sent to your email, but nothing in my email.
I complained that this is stupid because if more than one person is paying the bill because the other is away, how is that person going to go online to see the invoice ? Answer from chat idiot: "give them your password". Stupid !!!
I think this is a money grabbing rip off by Bell. Bell's invoice is so complicated that if I could trust Bell Canada with providing accurate billing without screwing up, I may not be so angry, I am fed up with them.
If there's a service provider out there that I could depend on, trust, provides exceptional service, please let me know !!!

Li

Comments

• Gr
      4th of May, 2012

It make sense that they would do something like that to deter you from receiving a paper bill. I don't think it's stupid at all. At least you don't have to worry about your bill being lost in the mail and you receive it the same day its generated. Get with the times everything is online now. And the Bell worker's suggestion to share your password with the other people who pay the bill makes perfect sense...or if you don't want to do that, just let them know what the balance is and give them the account number so they can pay it. Your making a big issue out of nothing LOL.

• Da
      9th of May, 2012

I believe it to be unthinkable that any company can try to control the way in which payment is made. Personally I do not like the idea of on line banking so to be penalised for my way of doing things is very annoying. How many employees are to lose their jobs because of this? The correct procedure should be to offer the $2 as a discount to those who follow this route not the reverse.

11th of May, 2012

I agree with The facts only please!

11th of May, 2012

What about the people like my grandparents and my older family members who do not use the internet. Why should they have to pay $2 extra because they do not have any other option?

11th of May, 2012

They do have an option to view their bill online but they prefer to stick to their old ways so they can pay the fee. My grandmother is 84 years old and she does most of her banking and views her bills online.

11th of May, 2012

Really? They have the option? Without owning a computer? Please, tell me how. Bravo for your grandmother for having a computer but not everyone does. Many people do not have access to the internet or to a computer. Why should they be punished?

• Br
      11th of May, 2012

"I believe it to be unthinkable that any company can try to control the way in which payment is made. Personally I do not like the idea of on line banking so to be penalised for my way of doing things is very annoying' - Their business their rules. Don't like it, find another provider.

11th of May, 2012

unfortunately, not everyone has the ability to use another provider. Many people who live out in rural areas or smaller communities only have Bell Canada. Bell has a monopoly on service in many parts of the country.

• J9
      24th of May, 2012

I too disagree with Bell Canada's switch to eBill under the guise of environmental friendliness. It is nothing more than an attempt to increase profits. The Courts and Retailers always want to see the Paper or the Receipt and if there's a problem with a bill then you won't have a hard copy unless you have printed it yourself. I, for one will never switch to eBill.

• St
      26th of Jul, 2012

Bell is really cleaning up on charging two dollars for every invoice they send their customers who don't choose to view their bills online. This is all just another cancer spreading across the globe with all these extra charges in businesses. Everyone should all just get together and not tolerate this anymore. Enough is enough! I quit Bell today. :)