Belknap Subaru / Unfair sales practices

1 Belmont NH, NH, United States Review updated:
Phone: 603-524-0419

Leased new car, turned in old car (same mfg, same lease fin company), requested the new lease comprehend the impact of the over-mile situation on the turn-in. sales staff acknowledged this on multiple occasions, determined the new lease payment (with the penalty for the over-miles situation), i signed the deal. 3 months later, i get a bill from the leasing finance company stating I owe $3400.00 due to the over miles situation on the lease. In the sales process, I repeatedly asked for confirmation that the new lease payment included the over miles situation and I was told it did. The dealership is walking away from this penalty and are stating it was my mistake and I should have known better. When I asked if the packet of paperwork I received on the day I signed for the new lease would be any different, I was told "no". I believe I should, as a minimum, get some assistance in paying off this $3400.00 surprise!

Comments

• Sc
      23rd of Apr, 2012

This is a very old complaint and has no merit...it was referred to the NH AG's office and was dismissed! We made every attempt to help Mr McCarthy sort out the issue and resolve it, but he would not accept any outcome other than the dealership paying his excess mileage charge.