Belk / unable to make my payment on due date because of your system!

1 1150 Hayes Lake RoadBrooklet, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (912) 823-2015

I tried, unsuccessfully to make my payment timely on the 20th of octocber. Due to your system, I was unable to do so. This was approximately 11:45 p. M. Eastern time. Due to this inability my payment will be late and I will incur a late fee.

Beware all!

Comments

14th of Sep, 2008

FYI- if you call the number on the back of the card and talk to a representative they usually remove any extra charges/ late fees if your story is plausable enough (the system being down is usually a pretty good reason). Just dont come off hostile. They are alot less willing the help if you are yelling and insulting them.

• Be
      21st of Sep, 2008

I have problems continuously making prompt payments on line and then simply go to the store and pay. This is very inconvenient.

• Bj
      24th of Sep, 2008

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM MAKING A PAYMENT. I'M THINKING ABOUT CANCELING MY CARD. I REALLY DON'T NEED IT & HAVE ENOUGH CARDS WITHOUT IT.

• La
      4th of Nov, 2008

Belk cards are handled by GEMB

GEMB violates Federal Lending laws - this is another excellent example - they want you to make online payments - then make it impossible to do so.

Watch your statements carefully. GEMB deliberately posts payments as late to increase the fees and interest they can charge. GEMB also does not even try to resolve their billing issues.

You may also find fraudulent charges, address changes, missing statements etc. GEMB IS TERRIBLE
    If you have had any of these problems - contact the Federal Trade Commission and Office of Thrift Supervision immediately.

• Ro
      9th of Apr, 2010

They are too cheap to upgrade their system so they keep adding to the original software that came over on the mayflower. I find myself having to make excuses for the store, that the customer does'nt want to hear. Our system also does'nt accept gift cards from visa/MC/Amex. The balance has to be transfered to a Belk gift card and this is a small, but time consuming thing that upsets customers. Even our price guns are terrible. How can we set our sales and do markdowns if we don't have working equipment to do our jobs.