Belford University / A fake university who stole my money!

I contacted Belford University online to see if they could assist me to obtain a Lifetime Skil B.A.Degree. They convinced me that they could possibly help me to obtain a genuine one. I E-Mailed my Resume to them and received a reply congratulating me on my success of achieving a B.A. Degree in Psychology. To receive this document with 9 others, I must pay their fee requested within 6 days. This was paid and I was E-Mailed with a receipt no: from them. 3 days later they contacted me stating the DHL the courier service they they use could not identify my home Address. So after further inquiries from my local Post Office, I sent them a more detailed Home Address.. They were contacted and said that they would forward this new Address to their Couriers and to contact them within 2 days. They have been contacted by Telephone and E-Mails and choose to ignore me or my requests for a full refund. Now I have nothing only a loss of hard earned money.

More Belford University Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Be
      18th of Jan, 2008

Do not waste any time with Belford High School, they are unprofessional, rude, once you give them your money; if things don't work out, it is hard to get your money back and sometime you don't. It is best to follow your education dream the normal way. They are extremely rude and they lie to get your money. They are just fakes!

• Bo
      22nd of Jan, 2008

I to was going to get my Life Expreince Diploma lol I was checking and found nothing but bad things on this school. I passed lol ev1 does just work for two years and your in like flint. After reading all the reviews on this place I'm gald I did'nt go forward with this.

• Mi
      28th of Mar, 2008

I found them online and if you take the test and fail they give you the answers to re take it... lol I put I wanted a master in criminal justice and my experience was I know two attorneys... I was granted my degree in 20 minutes!! lol of course I would never purchase it but it was fun to mess with them!!

• Da
      29th of Apr, 2008

They didn't steal your money. You gave it away! Did you really think you could "buy" a university degree? Universities provide an education, and a degree is something you earn by completing a course of studies. The Belford guys just sell worthless bits of paper with the word "Diploma" printed at the top. So they didn't send you your pieces of paper - no loss. You can make up your own name for a university, print your own diploma, frame it, and put it on the wall. Same thing.

• Mi
      7th of May, 2008

I got my diploma from belfrod and i love it it has helped me get a good career that pays very well. Thanks Belford

• Gu
      30th of Jul, 2008

I have also applied online and got withing the stated period and shown to the boss and others it is working like accredited degrees. They did not stole any money. I am grateful to them. The Belford University is the name I can post on my car too.

• Me
      26th of Feb, 2009

First of all, I'm not going to take any advice from the majority of these comments I have read because most of you need to actually go back to school and learn to read and write. A real education institution wouldn't give a diploma to someone who can't. Please people, pay attention to what you’re doing and do it right.

• Aw
      1st of Jul, 2009

Belford is a cheap university and no one should EVER give them any money. First of all it is illegal to use their diplomas in many states. More and more people are learning about how people get their diplomas. I mean seriously. Who would hire anyone who payed their way out of working hard and doing their best in school? I recommend that you learn from your mistakes and let more of your family and friends be more aware of how important it is to stay in school. Don't waste your hard earned money on a school that gives you answers to their tests, ships diplomas from the Middle East, and uses fake addresses and pictures to sway you into their scam. They ask for your credit card number and they have a no refund policy. That's a little too suspicious; don't you think?

• Ki
      10th of Oct, 2009

Exactly Heather...

Whether you make the choice of secular or non-secular, do your studies, and you will know that it was earned...by YOU.
    The only life-credit that I know of is an actual employer letter of recommendation, or testing out of a subject while enrolled in a university.

• Pa
      1st of Mar, 2010

yeah it might be a fake but I am not a Paralegal with my high school diploma and making $78, 259 in Washington DC so all ic an say is go me!!

• Pa
      1st of Mar, 2010

Oops I meant I am a Paralegal...

• Cc
      20th of Apr, 2010

I spent 4 years to get a bachelor degree with honors, 3 years to get a Masters and 4 years to get a PhD. That's 11 years of solid academic education. What makes you think you can do the same with just a CV with sometimes questionable claims on them, and some money?

• Ke
      20th of May, 2010

Don'e ever pay belford university money, they will not give u back a refund and they are very rude and not real at all. I hope i get my money back and i wished i have read comment before i gave them my $449. O am so mad at myself.

10th of Dec, 2010

i agree with you guys belford university is a FAKE. DO NOT fall into their trap guys please. it might sound tempting but your just going to loose your money. Take it from a guy who has been cheated. They took my money.
    BELFORD University is a FRAUD !!!

• Js
      21st of Dec, 2010

Totally just had a conversation with a "live person". Seems rude to me.

I am trying to find out where the company is located and if there is a way to handle this the Sicilian way.
    The "advisor" was smart enough not to give me an actual address, but gave me a city and state. Do a little background research and maybe find them. The guy kept asking for my resume. I'm thinking of sending him a fake one. It seems like one guy sitting on his computer trying to answer people's questions.

Eddy Schneider: Are you looking to apply for a reduction in the fee? Allow me to assist you

Eddy Schneider: Welcome to Belford! How may I assist you today?

Eddy Schneider: hi there bob

Bob: How do I know that your degrees are accredited?

Eddy Schneider: we are accredited by the international online education accrediting board

Eddy Schneider: and you can use the degree for jobs and higher studies

Bob: Are there tests for achieving these degrees?

Bob: Do you not have tests for your degrees?

Bob: Can "Joe Shmo" down the street buy one of your degrees without any knowledge, but with the funds to do so?

Bob: I want to talk with an advisor who knows the answers to my questions.

Bob: Where are you located?

Eddy Schneider: the degree is based on work and life experience

Eddy Schneider: bob be patient
    *Telling me to be patient, he was not answering any questions.*

Eddy Schneider: you are not the only one on the website
    *I'm guessing he is the founder and only one on the website, lol*

Eddy Schneider: your experience in a field will be evaluated

Eddy Schneider: converted into credits

Eddy Schneider: if that matches the criteria you will be entitled to get your degree through us

Bob: I still would like to know where you are located?

Bob: If I wanted to send a money order, where would I send it?

Eddy Schneider: well let me answer one question

Eddy Schneider: and then you can throw another at me

Eddy Schneider: have you placed an application with us?

Bob: No, not yet at this time.

Eddy Schneider: ok

Eddy Schneider: the admin office is based out of Colbert GA
    *Hmm, I wonder if this is actually real, as far as the correct city.*

Eddy Schneider: however belford is an online university

Bob: I do not have a credit card, so would I be able to send a cashier's check or money order?

Eddy Schneider: yes

Eddy Schneider: in that case you can get a prepaid card

Eddy Schneider: as we dont accepts checks or money orders
    *What University doesn't accept checks or money orders???*

Eddy Schneider: and before you even worry about paying

Eddy Schneider: send in a copy of your resume

Eddy Schneider: so we can evaluate it

Eddy Schneider: and tell you where you stand

Bob: Well if I have to go through the trouble in getting a prepaid card, I'm not sure if I want to apply.

Eddy Schneider: well not a problem

Eddy Schneider: as we cant accept checks or money orders

Bob: What do you accept?

Eddy Schneider: its lesser hassle than sending a money order though

Eddy Schneider: it has to be a card payment

Eddy Schneider: why dont you send in your resume first
    *He doesn't stop asking for my resume* *I work at McDonalds, you [censor]! What kind of degree can I get with that "life experience!* *I don't actually work at McDonalds, but I would have loved to see what his answer would have been if that is all I had on my resume.*

Eddy Schneider: and get yourself evaluated

Eddy Schneider: what major are you looking to apply for

Eddy Schneider: ?

Bob: Every major

Bob: I would like to become well rounded

Bob: and educated

Bob: How do I send my resume?

Eddy Schneider: we are not going to educate you
    *Quote: "we are not going to educate you", So they you can't be possibly called a University*

Eddy Schneider: so I dont know if this really is the program you seek

Eddy Schneider: every major can not be offered

Bob: Well I have work experience

Eddy Schneider: in?

Bob: I worked as a translator for a private contractor, a foreign currency trader, a business manager, a spanish tutor, and an assistant business translator
    *I made up some stuff I found on a google image of a resume.*

Eddy Schneider: send in your resume to eddy@belforduniversity.org

Eddy Schneider: so we can evaluate

Eddy Schneider: and suggest what majors can you move ahead with

• Am
      14th of May, 2011

i actually called 2 employers about this degree and they said to me they would hire me with such a degree. but then Belford university took my money I got no degree or refund from them.Anyway I lied to them in my resume. So when I called for a refund they said i could take the degree again at a lower price.
    80% of what our brains process it's things we see. So you benefit from learning by reading.And you can learn from reading use the university syllabus to check that you are reading everything you are required to know. Not everybody has money to spend 4 years at a university but libraries are free and anyone can get access and learn there.Based on this belford would be a sensible thing if they were more honest.

• We
      14th of May, 2011

belford is a fraud when i was chatting with one man named steve he was asking about my credit card number.how people can get certificate within14days insted of 7years course?### people.cheaters

• Am
      21st of May, 2011

Call it what ever you want to call it

• Yo
      14th of Jan, 2012

I went to a college and got my degree but had lots and I mean lots of trainings. So after many online conversations and actually speaking to someone on the phone for 1 hour, I sent a very large package of all my trainings, my education and my resume to them. They got back to me by phone and told me that my lifeskills had been applied and gave me enough credits for a degree in Human Services. I kindly accepted and went about my life. 3 years later I was challanged on that degree and was brought before a discipline board ( very serious business) and lost my job, had my certification taken and was told that I was of poor character.. to never work in the field that I had worked in for 20 years or better. I obtain an attorney who never showed up for my final board hearing and I was slammed. I was also told that I intentionally decieved this board by knowing and willingly participating in a FAKE degree. The end of the story. I have been unemplyed since.

• Pe
      22nd of Jan, 2014

I received an email message today from this school. I must admit, I also fell for "degree for experience" deal. The messages reads: Government is cancelling all the credentials of the students who got the Degree basis on the life / working experience.

University is transferring the credentials to an Accredited Online University and then it will be registered with Federal Student Data Base and you will get a Credit Equivalency Letter from

European Accreditation Board for Online Education of your Degree which is mandatory to have for all the students in Germany.

Kindly email me the best time and contact number so we can discuss and can registered you in an online university and can complete your Course Work and Dissertation as being a regular student.

Last day for the registration of documents is 25th January.

Awaiting for the reply,

Regards,

Dr. Daniel Benson

Head of Student's & legal Affairs

1-484-687-1023 Ext 899

Can anyone explain what this is about?