Beko / Fault on new induction hob

1 Liverpool England Merseyside, United Kingdom

I purchased a Beko Induction hob on 22nd August 2016 from Currys in Aintree, Liverpool.

Due to kitchen renovation the hob was not taken out of the box nor fitted until 22nd October 2016.

After reading the manual and trying the hob for the first time I noticed that the font left hand ring was not working.

I called Beko to say that it was faulty when it was delivered but because I had had it over 1 month they would not exchange it but said they would send an engineer out to fix it.

I also spoke to Currys and they stated that due to me having the hob for over a month, even though it hadn't been fitted, it was not their problem but Beko's.

I contacted Beko again and they said they would send an engineer out to have a look at it.

He was due to come on Tuesday 25th October, but I had a call from Beko to say that the engineer was ill and there was no one else that could cover his visits. It was rearranged for Thursday 27th October.

He arrived on 27th October and said, 'yes the hob is faulty and will need a new part, I will order one'.

I received a call from Beko on 31st October to arrange for the engineer to come and fit the new part. 2 days later on 2 November I received another call from Beko to say that the part hadn't arrived and will have to cancel the engineer until it arrives.

In the meantime I am still with a faulty induction hob that was faulty from the time it left the manufacturer.

It is now 7th November and I am still waiting for Beko to contact me with an appointment for the engineer.

At no time have I had an apology regarding the fact that I was sold a faulty product.
When I asked for a replacement they refused outright and said it is not their policy to replace faulty items but to send out an engineer to fix them.

I am really disappointed and upset with the way that Beko and Currys for that matter have treated me.

I have paid in full for product that is not working and Beko have not had the decency to try and sort this issue out quickly or with any type of explanation.

I would like a replacement hob as I think I have waited long enough and also have been very patient.

Ja