Behr Paint / Scam charges

I purchased 9 gallons of Behr paint and sent in the rebate form as directed. (exactly) No rebate. The next time I bought paint it was 14 gallons of Pittsburgh Paints. My loss was $45 by not getting the rebate from Behr. Behr and Home Depot lost a $450 sale. I will never buy Behr paints again and I have shifted my shopping to Lowe's for my other home improvement needs. I asked for help at Home Depot on this matter and they said it was up to Behr. This type of service will cost Home Depot thousands a year in sales. Remember you are never too big to fail.

Va

Comments

• Mi
      11th of Nov, 2008

hi i've been working at home depot Canada for about 2 years now in the paint department..and unfortunitally this does happen sometimes... the best thing to do is keep a copy of your rebate and receipts..on the back there is a 1-800 number you can call and track your rebate or go online (i beleive the web site is behrrebate.com...dont quote me on it ) and type in your postal/zip code and track it that way also...
    if there is any misunderstanding with the receipt they will simply toss it aside and move to the next..its unfortunate but they are people and they do make mistakes so protect your purchase, keep copies and look into it.
    i had actually called for a customer once and the reason he didn't get the rebate was becasue they couldnt make out the street name..as simple as that.
    Good luck!

• Ro
      17th of Feb, 2009

Here is one rule of thumb "You see a Bear in the woods you stay still until it heads off, then run. You see a Behr in Home Depot, you just run..."

As a contractor, 99 out of 100 contractors will tell you the same thing...

• Ri
      7th of Jan, 2010

I bought Behr exterior Paint for my home in tucson two years ago from a local home depot store. It was a nice shade of brown. After i applied it, it looked great. BUT, 1.5 years later, it faded to a putrid / ugly purple! I've written to the home depot comsumer affairs and even the store manager about a month or two ago and to date i have had no response from anyone, which makes me almost more upset than the lousy paint they sold me! rjh

4th of Jul, 2012

I bought bears paint to paint my entire house last year and one year. Later the paint peels off like its made of rubber .I spend about 400.00 on the paint. Now I have to waste money that I can't afford. To by paint again. I don't think that's right. I was told that your paint was the best and that's not true! thumbs down to you guys very unsatisfied customer!

• Ms
      5th of Jul, 2012

I also bought several gallons of what was suppost to be the best of Behr with lifetime warranty as long as you own the home. It's suppost to have paint and primer in one. I thought this was a good idea because I shouldn't have to paint again. I started noticing less than a year later that the old color was bleeding through. I have really been disappointed since I spent alot of money. I called Home Depot and they said not our problem with Behr's. I called Behr and I got interrigated with question after question about how was the home preped, what condition was the home in before, how many gallons did you use, what is he height, length, and width? Needless to say again, I am very disappointed. Not sure if they will do anything. Teaches me a good lesson about Home Depot and their suppliers

• Je
      23rd of Sep, 2013

I filled out the online form for the Home Depot/Behr Labor Day rebates. ALL of the information entered came off THEIR receipt, and I was also told that all of the information checked out so no need to send in any paperwork, barcodes, etc., then a month later I get a postcard telling me that the information entered could not be verified! It's their G**D*MN receipt! Does this mean that their computers can't be trusted, even by themselves???

What a crock...this is NOT the first, or even second time I've been shafted on a Home Depot rebate...shame on me.

It's Lowes and Valspar for me and anyone who will listen, from now on!

3rd of Jun, 2016
    Behr Paint - No good
    Behr Paint

Painted the walls let dry the next day looked at the walls they had these little spots all over the walls stuck my finger in 1 and the paint started peeling off all the walls it was like it never stuck to the walls never by there paint again we washed all the walls let dry for 3 days pit kilz on the walls let dry for 2 days then used a brush for the corners and to cut in the ceiling and rolled the walls nice and even and the next day had all these little blisters and touch them and the next thing the paint is peeling of in sheets.

• Pa
      30th of Jun, 2016

Rebate for Behr Paint in Canada from Home Depot. Can't upload more than one photo of receipts. Epic Scam.

• Tl
      16th of Jul, 2016

The Behr rebate program is a scam. I bought 10 gallons of deck over with the $40 per bucket rebate. I filled out the rebate and submitted it as required. Three weeks later I went online to check on my rebate and got the message that my purchase was not qualified. I went to Home Depot, where I bought the paint, and the manager said he would personally take care of it. Three weeks later I checked on it again and got the same message. I called the store manager and he said I would need to call Behr, that it was out of his hands. WHAT A SCAM!

• My
      10th of Aug, 2016

Home Depot sent me a post card 1 month after mailing their "rebate" form. I provided everything they asked for, and more. The postcard said I did not provide a UPC - not true. I took pictures of everything I sent and UPC's were all included. Shame on Home Depot for enabling this type of business.

• Wo
      30th of Aug, 2016

I only got $10 instead of the promised $40. That rebate company that home depot uses in El Paso, they are thieves. They go to a company like home depot and sell them a rebate promotion, and, they will pay all rebates for a certain price, so the less they pay out the more they take home.

12th of Nov, 2018
    Behr Process - Behr paint

The Behr paint is the worst product and it causes skin rash, itchy, and other complications to human.

Behr does not care the harmful impacts caused by its paint products. Neither does Home Depot, which sells the Behr paints.

The best and perhaps only defense a consumer may have is to avoid buying and using Behr paints.