Bedrock Stone & Paving Inc. / This company takes your deposit and runs

This Company Needs to be stopped - I called this company for an estimate on stone work to be done in the front of my home. They were very quick to come by to provide the estimate. The salesman was very charismatic. We discussed a potential design of the walkway and was I told that I didn't have to decide at that moment, that the 'foreman' would come out before the job started and we would do a dry run of the design together. I was satisfied with the estimate and with the 'promised' start date. I gave the salesman 10% down and we both signed the contract. This was a Friday night. The salesman told me to call him the following Tuesday to confirm the start date. I did and was told he would call me in a few days to confirm. This went on for weeks. The last time I called, his voice mail box was full and no further calls were returned. I called different phone # and spoke to who I believe was the foreman. He also told me he would call me the next week. No call. I called again and was told they would be in Mississauga the following week and would call me the day before they would start and that I did not have to be home. I proceeded to remind him that the salesman said they would do a dry run and that we didn't decide on the design. He proceeded to yell at me and swore at me. I have received no further communication from this company. 2 emails have not been responded to. I know the reputation the construction industry has so I made sure I checked them out with Better Business Bureau before I even called them. Unfortunately I entered the wrong district or spelled their name wrong because when I checked them out again after signing the contract there were numerous complaints, and had actually been charged and convicted for unfair business practices. My personal opinion is that they intend to take people's deposits and run. The amount is not large enough to sue which I'm sure is what they count on. I will however be lodging a complaint with the BBB, Ministry of Consumer Protection and the fraud department of the Peel Police. If you have been ripped off by this company you should do the same. They have been doing this for years and should NOT be getting away with it.”

Va

Comments

17th of Jul, 2008

Same thing happened to me. I wish I had researched this company more. Made a deposit, but cannot get them to commit to a date, which was weeks ago, now I just get Full Voicemail messages. If I had known their address is just a Mailbox, etc location I would have never dealt with this company. Buyers beware.

• Ne
      29th of Jul, 2008

Same thing has happened to me. They have an address its on Dixie Road... just check the website.

20th of Aug, 2008

Thanks for your postings. I was actually looking into these guys to do some work for us. I'm definitely staying away.
    There seems to be many of these rip-off companies. I was also ripped off by a another company this spring called Paveloc Interlocking. They used the same tactics with taking our deposit and then dissappearing...promised work in 3-4 weeks and could never get a hold of them. Now, 4 months later, I'm searching for another company to do the work and out of luck with getting our money back.
    I wish we could put all these guys out of business!!

23rd of Aug, 2008

Hi,

I was in the same boat as all of you. However, I can tell you that while Bedrock has the worst customer service known to man, and are terrible with returning calls, they do great work.

We had our patio done 6 weeks late, and after dozens and dozens of phone calls, voicemails, etc. we finally heard back from them, and everything was done.

I would never recommend them to anyone, but this is solely based on their customer service, not their workmanship.

As well, the salesman, ARIS, does not know a thing regarding the technicalities of interlocking - perhaps Bedrock should invest more in their sales reps.

For those of you that are still locked into a contract with bedrock, persistence pays off...call them repeatedly, leave voicemails, but remember to be the bigger person, and don't swear or threaten. Leave voicemails, and if they do not get returned, leave more voicemails, this time requesting your deposit back.

Would I use them again or recommend them? HELL NO

Did they do a great job, in terms of workmanship, technicalities, and creativity YES

Was their price competitive? DEFINITELY

25th of Aug, 2008

Bedrock Stone and Paving are total CON ARTISTS pure and simple but they have gotten so good at it they could easly set up a top Con Artists School. Cosmo as he calls himself even drives a new black BMW high end sports car to your site. Check with Peel Reginol Police Fraud or do a Goolgle search using their name and the word fraud. Lots of outstanding charges past and present.
    D'ont be ripped off by these guys. You deserve better.

• Ef
      25th of Aug, 2008

Yep agreed. Same scam happened to us. DO NOT GIVE THEM A CENT. All of our deposits they've stolen
    are indeed helping finance a very nice car for the super A Hole owner mentioned above. They've been sued in the past (and have changed company names several times - do a search). I'd say for every legit job they end up doing late they scam twice the amount of people. Just to keep things going. Worst company I've ever had to deal with. Biggest mistake was not checking out the BBB website before hand.

• Lo
      30th of Aug, 2008

Seems to be about 8 or 9 people directly involved in the scaming spread over 3 or more comany's all releated. Ann, the one who sometimes actually answers the phone if your real lucky so to be the only one we've found so far who uses her actual name. A lot of them live in Woodbridge. Check the Ontario Government website for a long list of charges and phone numbers. They are still on a 2 year parole but couldn't car less. Run don't walk away from the guys. They usually only take a $500 deposit to just stay under the limit of being charged with grand theft and think most people will not find it worth while to fight for their money back. Class action anyone?

• Al
      15th of Oct, 2008

I have hired the Bedrock on April 10th, 2008. I had the same issue with this company and was able to get full $400 deposit money refund on October 14th, 2008 with the help of Ontario Consumer Protection Department investigator. Go to fill complaint with them and it might help you at least to get your deposit money back.

We all should let BBB, Consumer Department and internet community know of this rip off company and maybe then there will be no customers to sign contract with them...

• Ni
      14th of Mar, 2009

BEDROCK STONE AND PAVING has out done themselves with mine and my daughters homes. Their work in oakville has just attracted a director of a local homeshow which has now nominated our stone work as top 3. We will recieve a $5000 free home upgrade because of this. I would like to thank bedrock by posting this ad and offering mine and my daughters home as refrences to anyone who would like to see by responding. Thanks to our representative Sebastian who design was carried out by 20 of most fastest most effecient workmanship i saw, This would not of been possible without them. They were quick and clean up all the mess. They were completed my front and back in 2 days with over 20 men working like bees. after doing some research i found out that just last summer they did over 150 jobs in one season just in oakville. which explains why they were late, but it was worth the wait.