Becker Movers / Damaged goods

1 1523 Mt. Read BlvdRochester, NY, United States Review updated:

Movers damaged large china Hutch, hardwood floor, dropped a 35" televeision and broke a 20x30 picture. They hid picture afterwards, and replaced TV with two massive holes back in entertainment center hoping we wouldn't notice. They have repaired hutch and floor, but sent a check for 31.50 to cover other two items.

Va

More Becker Movers Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Gi
      22nd of May, 2009

I called talked to the lady there and asked how much to have items delivered she told me $90 p/h using three men then the next 2 days they arrived and I had to sign paperwork before they could begin to work the price had changed to $109 p/h so I called and she claimed she never told me $90.00 then she put someone else on the phone and he tried to rationalize that there was never a price. So get everything in writing. I brought my own furniture there to the storage and I paid for 3 men and 1 man all he did is put stickers on my items never took anything off of the truck when he was finished he didn't do crap. They walk away take smoke breaks 10 to 15 min long just ridiculous. Don't leave them with your furniture when unloading the truck. Unfortunately I did and they came up with a ridiculous amount of time they had to load the crates like 3 or 4 hours. They also didnt tell me that there was a fee for loading up the truck so when they delivered the furniture I found out it was $327. once they arrived make sure you get everything in writing. Once they were finished unloading told them I was missing a chase and tried to tell me it wasn't on there and then waited for like .5 hour talking on the phone trying to figure were it was and make sure you keep your own itemized sheets and take pictures of your items because they broke a door on armor on paperwork but the door is missing and now they say they dont have it bad job piss poor customer service highly don't recommend if you have good items wrong company to use. Spend the extra money with a more reputable company. If you do use these people your using them at your own risk bad juju. Don't do it save your money and spend with someone else. It's that bad because they lied at the beginning and right to the end highly don't recommend. Piss poor company.

31st of Aug, 2011

MY FIRST EXPERIENCE WITH THEM WASN'T SO BAD- EVEN THOUGH THEY CHIPPED A MIRROR. HOWEVER THE SECOND TIME AROUND, THE SHOWED UP WITHOUT TOOLS. ALMOST RIPPED THE DOORS OFF MY FRIDGE, LEFT 1/4 OF THE STUFF IN THE APARTMENT BC THEY WERE TAKING SO LONG. ONE GUY DECIDED HE WOULD CHAT ON HIS PHONE FOR 20 MINUTES. THEN WHEN THEY ARRIVED AT MY NEW HOUSE THE ONE GUY WENT FOR A DRINK AND LEFT THE DRIVER WORKING ON HIS OWN FOR 20 MINUTES. SO MY BOYFRIEND AND I STARTED TO HELP BECAUSE WE FELT BAD. WHEN THE 2ND GUY FINALLY CAME BACK HE DECIDED IT WAS LUNCH BREAK. NICE. I CAN'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE DRIVER BUT I FEEL AWFUL ABOUT THE 2ND GUY WHO WAS PRETTY MUCH WORTHLESS. TALKING ON THE PHONE AND TAKING BREAKS ON MY TIME.
    WHEN I CALLED IN A "CONCERN" ON MONDAY TO THE OFFICE THE GENTLEMAN SAID HE WOULD TALK TO THE DRIVER AND GET BACK TO ME. I CALLED TWO DAYS LATER TO FIND OUT WHAT THE DEAL WAS AND HE TELLS ME THAT THEY ALREADY TOOK 1/2 HOUR OFF MY TIME AND THAT SHOULD BE SUFFICIENT. IN MY OPINION THAT IS NOT SUFFUCIENT AT ALL. I HAD TO MOVE MY DAUGHTERS CRIB MYSELF BC THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY TOOLS ON THE TRUCK, I HAD A ROOM FULL OF TOTES LEFT BEHIND AND THEY DIDN'T BRING HALF THE STUFF INTO THE NEW HOUSE, ME AND MY BOYFRIEND MOVED IT. WOULD NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. AWFUL EXPERIENCE!!!

• Bm
      11th of Aug, 2015

This company is a scam...they damaged a China cabinet and lost a 32 in tv and thr only thing that was given in a check was 150..them they claim we owed them 450 after writing us a check for 150...worst company in the city of rochester ny.i plan on picketing in front of there bldg in the near future ...

• Ir
      3rd of Sep, 2016

Don t ever hire these movers. They were the worst company to deal with. Not only did they complain incessantly, but if they damage something it won t ever get repaired. A month and a half ago I had them move me. They walked thru a screen door by mistake and left a giant rip in it. Instead of taking care of it they struck a deal supposedly with the office at my apartment...who never fixed it. Meanwhile, in the nicest summer ever, we have this screen taped up...a mouse got in, bees got in, and yesterday my old cat got out after she picked at the tape...my boyfriend had to run after her like a crazy, making him late for his appointment. Today when I spoke with Ron at Beckers, he told me to shut up and that he didn't care...even tho I reminded him that it was his men who did this and it should have been taken care of immediately, 6 weeks ago. Horrible experience.