BeautyChoice.com / Where's my order?

I ordered from BeautyChoice.com on January 10, 2009—two items. Was told one was backordered until January 26, but only AFTER I paid.

After receiving neither product, I emailed to check on things on January 30 and got no response. I also logged into their website, and my order was still listed as backordered. I followed up on February 10 with another email and threatened to have my credit card company cancel charges. Only then did a "manager" promise to have both of my items ship that day.

I still haven't received anything, so obviously, nothing shipped the day I was promised they would. Save yourself the headache; pick one of the other dozens of companies that sell hair products and cosmetics online.

Me

Comments

• Co
      7th of Mar, 2009

Pretty much the same thing has happened to me. I ordered some hair extensions on Feb. 18th. They were backordered, which i understand, but i've been told 4 different dates on which they were "shipped" out. They still say backordered today (march 7th) I've called, been put on hold for 20 min. and called again, but of course, no answer and no return phone call. If they were such a good deal, i would've def. canceled them by now.

• Co
      24th of Mar, 2009

I have received the WORST customer service from Beautychoice.com. I am a huge fan of online shopping, and they by far are the shoddiest company I've ever come across. They are a bunch of incompetent individuals trying to run a semblance of a company.

To summarize:

December 2008:
    I ordered a product in December for a xmas present.
    I received wrong product.
    I emailed to initiate return/exchange.

January 2009:
    Received no response to my email.
    Finally called in to customer support, told to initiate return on website.
    Returned item, requested refund & return shipping reimbursement.
    Told I would get one.

February 2009:
    Month later, was contacted and told a replacement item was sent out.
    I called back, refused item that was 2 months late, was reassured it would not be sent out & that I would get a refund with shipping reimbursement.

March 2009:
    Item that I did not request was shipped to me. Unauthorized charge from the company.
    Called to complain.
    Told by Eric, Customer Service, that he would email me return shipping label.
    Week later, no email, no shipping label, no resolution.

I'm going to have to initiate a chargeback. No other choice. DON'T BUY FROM BEAUTYCHOICE! Go to Folica.com instead. They are amazing.

21st of May, 2009

oh, my gosh! i just got off the phone with them and i'm so mad!
    i placed an order with them recently and they sent me the tracking info couple days ago, based on the tracking info, it shows that it's delivered but i don't have the order. I called usps and was told that i need to contact the sender. i sent beautychoice.com a couple emails no response. i called them, they said that it's not their responsibility that i don't have my order and that there is nothing they can do.

DON'T BUY FROM THEM, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER!! DON'T CARE AT ALL AFTER THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY.

4th of Jun, 2009

June 2009:
    Ordered some products needed for a wedding 2 wks before wedding. When checking on order status I noticed my order was on backorder. I called and spoke with a woman who told me my order would be fine, and I would get them by the wedding date. Four days before the wedding I noticed my items still on backorder, so I e-mailed asking if I would still receive my items or if the order needed to be canceled. Never received a response. I called three days before the wedding, and was told my order would not make it, and they would cancel it. I am very frustrated as I could have ordered them from another website as soon as I noticed my order was not going to make it in time, and unfortunantly now it's too late. I was told they were sorry and this was "not the norm" and "a special circumstance." Obviously not from the comments above. Order from another company!!!

• Da
      14th of Jul, 2009

Same situation here and I'm still dealing with it. I ordered hair extensions with a normal 5 day shipping estimate about 2 weeks before I needed them. As the date got closer, I decided to check online and sure enough, it said "backordered". Of course, that was never mentioned on the website or through any type of email communication. It is about 3 weeks since I placed my order and I have left 4 voicemails and 4 emails - with no return. I am beyond irritated at this point. I guess my only option is to call my credit card company to reverse the charge, but would still like to speak with someone at beautychoice.com. There are a ton of online beauty websites and a ton of company review sites just like this - I have no problem telling the world to NOT ORDER from beautychoice.com!

10th of Aug, 2009

I have also had problems with items going on backorder and a complete lack of communication from beauty choice. The did not even tell me my items were backordered ... before or after the order was placed! When they did finally respond to my questions, they didn't even answer what I had actually asked. My dispute even got to the president of the company, but even he did not seem to try to resolve the problem.

It's a good thing we have credit card protection programs to protect us from companies like this one. I had to jump through hoops to get my money back after being put through this backordered circus.

• Ge
      9th of Sep, 2009
    BeautyChoice - Terrible service
    BeautyChoice

My order was backordered for over two months. Not once did Beautychoice contact me with an update. I had to call every two weeks to check on the status of my order. They also charged me the day I placed the order, so I paid for something two months in advance. Customer service was incredibly rude every time I called and gave me some vague excuse that my order will be shipped soon. They also refused to refund my money unless I cancelled my order. Product was worthless. Sent it back. Beautychoice then sent it back to me without bothering to once again contact me and explain why they would not accept my return. By far, the worst customer service experience I have ever had. Buyer BEWARE!!!

• He
      8th of Sep, 2010

OMG!!! The same thing has happened to me! I went to track my order and see where it was...it said it had been backordered!! I have left them many emails and they have given me no response!! I hate beauty choice.com!!!
    I will have to get my money back...if they told me that they were not in stock i would not have ordered it!!! grrrrrrrr

• Fr
      21st of Dec, 2010

I just ordered a gift card and its backordered???? How is a gift card backordered! They have terrible customer service and didn't answer the phone or call back and didn't answer e-mail. I wish I would have never bought this knowing now what everyone else is saying.

• Pr
      12th of Jan, 2011
    BeautyChoice - Terrible service
    BeautyChoice

Beautychoice.com ***! I ordered a higher end hairdryer from them as a Christmas gift and noted that it was a returnable item per their policy. However, when the recipient asked me to return the gift, I found out that (a) the free shipping that I received when I ordered the gift was no longer "free" - they charged me a $10 shipping fee by deducting it from my refund; (b) they charged me a 20% restocking fee for the hairdryer even though it hadn't been used; and (c) I had to pay another $18 to return/insure the item to them. So for an item that I had originally paid $95 for, I ended up with a net refund of only $48. And they could care less when I called them to complain. Terrible company, terrible customer service, terrible return policy. What a joke!!! Will never do business with this company AGAIN.

• Av
      18th of Mar, 2011

I am so disgusted on the customer service of these people! I ordered my item on Feb 20, 2010 3 weeks later and I have not received my order. I called and emailed them so many times, I'm sick of it. They told me ny order was on back order and that as soon as they got it back in stock they would provide me with an email address with the tracking number ect. 1 week later I call back, they tell me my order will be shipped in a few days. I am still waiting! I am so angry, I am calling back to cancel my order with them. Never ever again, please do not order from this unprofessional company. Folica is the best company to order from!

• Je
      17th of Feb, 2012

Please please don't buy from Folica. I really regretted buying from Folica. I bought 4 hair appliances from them (Conair Straightener, Hot Tools Crimper, Hot Tools Deep Waver and Remington Hot Rollers). I really regret not reading these reviews first before purchasing from them. When the items arrived, I excitedly tested out the items, but only the crimper and hot roller can be switched on. The other 2 cannot. So I emailed Folica to ask.

Their reply was not only unhelpful, but also very matter-of-fact and insincere. First they told me that “international customers cannot use appliances without dual voltage”. I was surprised at their short and cold reply, with no offer to find out more about my problem. I then replied them with a question, asking if that’s the case, why are the items being sold to international customers? And why wasn’t it mentioned upfront to us that international customers cannot use them?

Anyway, I knew about the voltage difference, so I also bought a voltage converter from Folica. I told them more about my problem, that I could not power on the appliances with the converter. And their second reply to me was “You have voided the warranty by using it with a converter”. I was like…what??!! Where in the website was this stated? And the item can’t even be switched on, so how could I have used it? An appliance is used only when there is power running through it right? Some may even say an appliance is used only when it starts serving its function, not when there is electricity through it. The problem now is they can’t even be switched on! Moreover, the converter was from Folica in the first place!! They sold me the converter, and now tell me that I have voided the warranty by using it. Does that sound like a conspiracy?

Folica states on their website that if for any reason customers are not satisfied with their order, can exchange or return within 30 days. Now mine can’t even work….

Folica is not replying to my emails or queries. I really don’t know what I have landed myself into. I thought I could trust them…but apparently not….totally utterly disappointed….. I have paid so much for the items to be shipped over, and now they are only for display purposes……if anyone can help me…pls do… You can reach me at dreamsbolt@gmail.com... Your help wld be greatly appreciated….

2nd of May, 2012

I ordered a facial care system on April 13. I have been checking the website constantly for an update and it just keeps saying that my order is in "Processing". I emailed them on April 19 and all I was told is that there's a delay and they expected my order to ship in 7 to 10 business days. On April 29, I sent another email wanting to know where my order was. I received no email. Today, May 2, I sent another email and told them I was cancelling my order and wanted a refund asap. I still have not heard from them.

• Ho
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    BeautyChoice.com - Never received items ordered
    beautychoice.com

Never received items ordered. Of course, I was charged for items ordered. When I called customer service, if they answered, always told on back order. If they didn't answer, I left info for them to phone back and they never returned call. I also tried to contact them thru email and after 1st month, never heard from any of my follow-up emails. Finally after 2 months, I cancelled order and after 4 weeks no credit yet received. I will turn over dispute about charges to my credit card company. I would NOT recomment this company for anything.

• Ar
    BeautyChoice.com - Buyer... definitely beware
    beautychoice.com

I ordered some facial moisturizer on 3/21/12, and, by 5/7/12, I was tired of waiting for it to arrive. I requested a refund. I was told on 5/29/12 from customer service that in 2-4 weeks I'd receive a refund. I'd received no other replies to my new inquiries from customer service since, and I checked in with them about once per month regarding the status of my refund. It had been nearly 13 weeks since I was told I would receive a refund, so after no more response from customer service, I filed a complaint with BBB.

THAT finally triggered the company to mail me a refund check. So I received a full refund after 14 weeks of waiting. Buyer... definitely beware!!

• Si
    beautychoice.com

I purchased a curling iron from this website on march 9 2012. After a couple week I called the company asking when will my order be shipped. Like many reviews I've read they told me the same thing "it's back ordered for 2 weeks." after two weeks still no package so I called once again. Surprisingly it is still back ordered but this time for 4 weeks. This is ridiculous, it should have said on the site before ordering it was out of stock. It is now mid April still no package so I decided to ask for a refund. They said it will take 4 weeks, but they can take my money in less than a day. So waiting for my refund and still nothing. Ive called many times asking what's going on and all of a sudden they stopped answering phone lines. Left messages but no call back. Finally it is august still no refund. And today sept 7 2012 I called customer service once more. Now they say item was delivered I received no packed at all. After telling the lady I complained she said there was no notes of me ever calling ! N said they could do nothing about it. I am a very upset customer. I wish I read the reviews before ordering. Sorry this is long but I hope you reAd so you can save yourself from this scam!

• Li
    beautychoice.com

I ordered a curling iron from here but it's been a month and I still have not received it. I called and called however it rings and goes to voice-mail. I've left them several messages and even emailed them - no responses. I will be contacting my credit card to dispute the charges.

• Vi
    beautychoice.com

I placed an order on May 11th and have not yet received it. No one returns my calls or emails and when I track my order it says "processing". They have already charged my card $79.95.