Beauty Ragdolls / selling cats to pet brokers

3-5 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

Kristen Avila, the owner of this Ragdoll cattery at Southern California, is selling litters of kittens to pet brokers. (videos and message record as proof). The pet broker then sells kittens at a higher price, apparently, Kristen is not a responsible breeder. Be aware folks! If you want to adopt a healthy kitten from a breeder that really cares, this is not the right cattery you are looking for.

• Beauty Ragdolls Customer Care's Response, Jun 05, 2018

Hi this is beauty dolls cattery Ella Rose got a refund because she was threatening and mean and very very rude so I don’t appreciate her going on here lying and unfortunately there are people on the Internet nowadays that are getting our videos and pictures off our websites that are not ours and do not belong to me and they are saying that they get their cats from me so then they can sell them for more money we do not work with pet brokers I spend it or all her kittens they are very well taken care of we have a lot of happy clients and Ella Rose you are very threatening and very rude and I have proof with your emails. We have been breeding for 10 years and have a great reputation and just because a few people that are lying about us I do not think is ethical and I do not think it is correct.

• Beauty Ragdolls Customer Care's Response, Jun 05, 2018

Hey so since I didn’t get pictures to Ella Rose the week and that she wanted them she noticed the complaints online which the pet broker complaint is a total lie I have no control over people taking videos and pictures off my website and off-line that say I work with them as a broker I do not to let my kids go on spayed and neutered and vaccinated they are very well social and they go to private family is I never use a pet broker for my kittens so that is a total lie I have no control over the scammers that are out there on the Internet we gave Ella Rose a complete refund after she was threatening and rude and it was not a client I was interested in working with we havePlenty of clients that love their kittens that are very very happy and just because we get a few complaints that are not accurate it is not OK to go on these boards ruining someone’s reputation that has worked 10 years to create

selling cats to pet brokers
  • Beauty Ragdolls Customer Care's Response, Jun 05, 2018

And yes as soon as Ella wanted a refund we emailed the two clients that have been waiting a few months for the color that she was and we sold her right away and that’s clearly what I told her it was not a scam I sold her off someone off my waiting list we have people waiting up to a year for our kittens because we do have a great reputation and I do not appreciate a few people going on here and bad mouthing someone that’s work so hard for 10 years and span neuter’s and vaccinate and do you worms and raises their kittens not in cages and like all these other backyard breeders do

Th
Apr 30, 2018

Comments

• Ra
      6th of May, 2018

Can you post pictures of the messages?

• Cu
      27th of May, 2018

I placed deposit at Beautydoll cattery. After six months I've been waiting for her to send me the kitten's pictures. However, she did not contact me when the kittens were born! Is that how she would treat the people in her waiting list? Also, each time when I talked to her about the pictures, she gave me different excuses. Is there any people have the same experiences with her?

• Kr
      5th of Jun, 2018

@Cuteme Unfortunately I cannot tell by the name on this but if there was a miscommunication somehow of course we can make it right between me and you it’s never intended that we look over somebody on the waiting list it can happen on accident if someone does not reply to an email or if they go out of country a lot of our clients to travel out of the US because they are students here and then we lose contact we will do our best to make it right no matter what that’s our job you are welcome to email or contact us and we will do it we can to satisfy you as a customer and I’m sorry there was aMiscommunication and if it was on our part I’m really sorry and we can try to make it right

• Kr
      5th of Jun, 2018

@Cuteme I do apologize if we didn’t get pictures to you it’s possible we may have had slot going on and lost track witch is not an excuse but we will make things right ! We do not want you all to be unhappy at all life gets crazy and it’s pissible that we made mistake but if you need refund or kitten we will make it right and we’re sorry .

• El
      3rd of Jun, 2018

I am having the same issue. I want her arrested and charged. I am contacting the authorities.

• El
      3rd of Jun, 2018

My suspicions have grown over these past weeks due to inconsistencies in this woman’s emails. Several times I asked for clear answers and up to date photos. All of which, never happened. My theory is she takes deposits from as many people as she can. I will probably never know the truth. I am attaching a photo of the last email she sent me. She confessed to selling the kitten I had reserved (if the kitten even existed at all). I will say I am surprised and grateful that she did return my deposit. She got very defensive in the last few emails sent when I started questioning if she was a scam. I decided to comment on here to prevent this from happening to anyone else. I was very excited to get this kitten but unfortunately was strung along for over a month and a half. Buyer beware.

4th of Jun, 2018

Hi Ella, same here... Can you leave your email address here? maybe we can discuss it.

4th of Jun, 2018

Hi Ella, same here! Can you leave your email address here? We can discuss it

• Ra
      5th of Jun, 2018

I would like to comment on my experience with Beautydolls
    I have known Kristen for 4 years now. I have 2 beautiful Ragdolls from her cattery.
    I had a wonderful experience dealing with her.
    We have kept in contact over the years and I am proud to call her my friend.
    Kristen is ethical and integrity is important.
    My kittens arrived in very good health and were very well socialized- I would absolutely without question buy from Kristen again.

I would like to say the comments about her selling to kitten brokers is completely false, Kristen would never do that!
    It is a common occurrence for fraudulent people to steal website pictures and advertise kittens- this has happened to me on a couple of occasions.

• Ti
      5th of Jun, 2018

I got my kitten from Kristen, and I have waited for almost a year, but finally we got a very lovely and beautiful kitten. I can totally understand that people get anxious over the waiting, I did too, but in the end I feel that it is worthy. Getting the exact kitten we want may be harder than it seems, and may take a longer time. Kristen really cares about her kittens, whenever we had questions she was always there to help us. I trust Kristen that she didn't sell the kittens to brokers intentionally (but those people may lie to her), because she does care about them. Hope this helps.

5th of Jun, 2018

Not sure if it took my rating of 5 stars, if not I’m writing it! She is worth every star!

5th of Jun, 2018

I got my ragdoll Luna from Beauty Dolls Ragdoll and Kristen the breeder was very helpful throughout the whole process. I could tell she has a very busy life, but whenever I had questions she was always there to answer them. Luna is the best thing to happen to my family and I have Kristen to thank for that. I still message her to this day even after having Luna for many months and Kristen still messages me back. Sorry if you had a bad experience, but Kristen is a reputable breeder and I am a client who can vouche for it.

@Sara_ What a cutie. The Ragdoll flop! 💜

• Gd
      6th of Jun, 2018

@Sara_ Oh my goodness! She is so cute! I cannot wait to have my little one and become part of the beautydolls family come July!

7th of Jun, 2018

@Maria b n She is always sleeping on her back. It is the cutest thing!

7th of Jun, 2018

@gdicaprio I am very excited for you! I can tell Luna came from a loving breeder because she is so sweet and well mannered.

5th of Jun, 2018

Part 1: My name is Dara Banks and I have had a completely different and most wonderful experience with this Breeder. After my beloved Leo (mainecoon mix) passed away, we researched many different breeds of cats. We fell in love with the rag doll and continued our search for breeders. After lots of contact made with actual scammers, yes scammers (once you deal with the real deal you know the difference real quick) Kristen was a breath of fresh air! We found her online and made contact immediately. She was very knowledgeable and trustworthy. She had no secrets and gave us more info than we asked for, and allowed us to make our decision in our own time. We have been victims of identity theft before and she was willing to work with us as far as money was concerned and how we paid. Most scammers just wanted the money and no to little info or contact. After we were listed, and she made no secrets about having a long waitlist, we received texts, photos, videos of our Max and then later our Ruby! She gave us due dates and informed us when the babies were born and even posted photos on her site. She was very sweet and gave us updates on how they were feeling after shots/spay/neuter. She even offered to drive and meet us to deliver our sweet babies. We live over 200 miles away. I would drive a million miles to get one her kittens. —Incase you didn’t know, her kittens have been featured on many tv shows and even in a katy perry video.— We met her at a Starbucks to receive our Max and he was so sweet and such a wonderful boy! More than we expected and is a lover to this day! We were so happy with her and the experience we got a second rag doll from her; Ruby, we picked her up at her house! YES HER HOUSE! I guarantee you Kristen is the real deal Breeder. Her house was spotless and we (my daughter and husband-a deputy sheriff) physically saw with our own eyes her kittens in a clean environment. She had two pregnant mommas ready to give birth as we arrived, and she allowed us to hold and play with other kittens. We had such a wonderful experience we created a page for our Max, our sweet boy grew popular quick with his sweet rag doll traits. He had a video that went viral on “cats of Instagram.” I would highly recommend Kristen and do daily on Max and Ruby’s Instagram page. Feel free to follow and see how beautiful and legit these sweet babies are. They are this way because of the love she showed them as newborn kittens. Www.instagram.com/maximus_the_ragdoll_beauty

@Renee Banks AMEN! 💜👏🏻🙏🏻

5th of Jun, 2018

I would like to make a statement NOT a complaint in regards to BEAUTY DOLL RAGDOLLS and the Breeder Kristen Avila, who has a heart as big as Texas. ❤️
    A few years ago I was searching the internet for Ragdolls. I still had my lovely boy, Prince who was only 8 years old (from a different breeder). I came across a breeder in the 805 area code. I introduced myself to her and we started corresponding. Found out she lived down the street where my daughter use to live. I told Kristen That I would love if possible to see her kittens/cats. I told her my cat is only eight years old And that I was not looking for another cat. Maybe in the future but not now. Kristen was very gracious and invited my grandson and I to her Home. Her home was very clean. You would not know that she had cats. Her home was very clean. Would not know but she had cats. Not even the scent of a litter box! She had three beautiful little girls too! We had a beautiful visit and she even let my grandson hold a 3 week old kitten. He was very gentle and knew how to hold a tiny baby because he had been raised with our dogs who we show, breed and love.
    We left and Kristen and I formed a friendship.
    My sweet Prince got very sick a year or so later. Kristen would text me in the later part of the evening after putting her children to bed and give suggestions on what I could try for Prince to keep him comfortable and to just reach out to me because she knew I was hurting. My sweet Prince passed. I was beside myself. Time had passed and we kept in touch. I knew I would someday ask to be on her waiting list, but not yet. Meanwhile, two my friends were looking for another cat and I referred them to Kristen. They were put on the list and down the road, my friends got their first Ragdoll from BEAUTY DOLL RAGDOLLS. The families love their cats.
    Well my family, behind my back, had been in touch with Kristen and put their name on the waiting list. They were going to surprise me with a kitten. The time came when there was a litter that had the same pattern as my sweet Prince. Kristen told my family that there was a kitten available. My family then surprised me and drove to Kristen’s Home. I thought it was just for me to hold a kitten. Not only was that kitten just like Prince, but Kristen gave my family their deposit back and said this kitten was a gift from her and my family! I cried like a baby. My heart is full of joy again.

That is the true heart of this beautiful person, Kristen Avila breeder of BEAUTY DOLL RAGDOLLS.

Kristen, thank you for my Kingsley! 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

5th of Jun, 2018

Part 2: Furthermore, Kristen is a Christian woman who truly cares about her clients and her kittens. I know there are always two sides to every story and the truth. I have met many other clients of hers through my Max’s Instagram who have found me, and have had wonderful experiences with her. If you received your refund, move on, don’t continue to be an internet troll because you didn’t like what happened. This sweet lady has a personal life and being a client never takes place of that. You have to understand no Breeder will put your needs and wants every second over their personal life. Have patience and understanding not instant/now. To this day I will continue to recommend her to anyone interested in a rag doll. In the mean time, move on and take your refund with your head high and not try and damage someone’s career and loving joy in life. Spread joy not hate.

• Lo
      5th of Jun, 2018

My name is Jessica, and it saddens me to see Kristen and her business be dragged through the mud by false accusations. I have known Kristen for 2 1/2 years now and she was the breeder of my beautiful ragdoll Trixie.
    I understand that it is frustrating to wait so long for a kitten, but trust me I know this first hand. I requested a specific color from Kristen and ended up waited 11 months for her, but it was well worth it because when I got her she was exactly what I wanted. she was in good health and still is Kristen made the transition so easy. During pick up Kristen offered her services as a vet tech day or night if I had any questions or concerns regarding Trixie and I still use it till this very day. Kristen can not please every person out there, but I can certainly say that she has satisfied me and my requests. I highly recommend her and her services and ask if you can just be patient with her process and I am sure she will satisfy your requests aswell.

5th of Jun, 2018

Part 2:.— We met her at a Starbucks to receive our Max and he was so sweet and such a wonderful boy! More than we expected and is a lover to this day! We were so happy with her and the experience we got a second rag doll from her; Ruby, we picked her up at her house! YES HER HOUSE! I guarantee you Kristen is the real deal Breeder. Her house was spotless and we (my daughter and husband-a deputy sheriff) physically saw with our own eyes her kittens in a clean environment. She had two pregnant mommas ready to give birth as we arrived, and she allowed us to hold and play with other kittens. We had such a wonderful experience we created a page for our Max, our sweet boy grew popular quick with his sweet rag doll traits. He had a video that went viral on “cats of Instagram.” I would highly recommend Kristen and do daily on Max and Ruby’s Instagram page. Feel free to follow and see how beautiful and legit these sweet babies are. They are this way because of the love she showed them as newborn kittens. Www.instagram.com/maximus_the_ragdoll_beauty

• So
      6th of Jun, 2018

Kristen is such a kind and caring person! My boyfriend is allergic to cats and we were trying to figure out if there was a breed he was less sensitive to. Kristen was the only ragdoll breeder in the LA area who welcomed us into her home and allowed us to meet and handle her kittens before we committed to anything! She said she always enjoys meeting potential families beforehand to ensure her kittens are going to good homes (NOT brokers). We waited six months for our baby, Cassie, and we couldn’t be happier! Almost 2 years later, Kristen continues to go out of her way to answer my questions.
    I know I was super eager to get updates, see pictures, and actually get my kitten, but understand that Kristen has four young children, cats and kittens to care for, and many, many new and existing customers to tend to - I don’t know how she does it all!

@SoniaC29 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜
    Kristen is amazing! I am a Recognized AKC Breeder of Merit, I know how hard Kristen works to juggle a young family with school and sports and take the very best care of her 4 legged babies so that potential forever homes have the very best kitten for many years to love. I thank you again Kristen for my beautiful cat!
    I am forever grateful and I would wait on YOUR list as long as it takes again!
    💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

• Ba
      6th of Jun, 2018

Hello readers I, myself am a proud owner of a wonderful red bicolor ragdoll from beauty ragdolls. My name is Monica and I had experienced a wait time for my baby, but when one is as picky as I am, a wait time is expected. I waited over a year for my kitten and do not regret the wait time at all, he was perfect in every way, and still is. Kristen was kind enough to offer alternatives, but I was set on my decision and Kristen delivered. I was skeptical at first, like Ella Rose, but Kristen was kind enough to open her doors to me and my family and that gave me a chance to get to know her better. Trust me, these cats and kittens are well cared and loved for by her and her lovely family. Kristen plays many roles as a mother, wife, daughter, daughter in-law, coach, breeder, etc. it is only normal that some things are forgotten, she is only human. I too was offered by Kristen vet tech advice if needed day or night which I use it often. I highly recommend her as a breeder and have no doubts that she will give you exactly what you are looking for. A pet is like a family member and patience can deliver perfection.