Beauty Ragdolls / bad ragdoll purchasing experience with beauty ragdolls owner kristen avila

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

I have a very bad and frustrated experience with Kristen Avila, the owner of Beatuty Ragdoll cattery. I am a international student, graduated for around 1 year. Within the four years in US everybody is so nice and help me a lot, so when the first time I found Kristen's website, I thought she is a very responsible, honest nice breeder, I pay her $500 deposit without hesitated. But the bad experience started:

1. On Wed, Feb 21 I pay her the $500 deposit. She said she will send me the contract tomorrow noon which is Thu, Feb 22. But I didn't get it on that day, and night she said she will send me the contract tomorrow(again), which is Fri, Feb 23. But again I didn't get it. On Saturday, I texted her again, and finally she send me the contract.

Because I am a punctual person, this made me very uncomfortable. Maybe she think it is a small thing, But I think all of us should be punctual, u set up a time, you should make it. I still trust her.

2. She said kittens be coming in late March and April, and I definitely will get one from this litter. When the kitten were born, she didn't email me, and I email to ask, she told me she will know the color when kittens grown up, and let me wait.

3. On Thu, May 10th, the kittens are 6~7 weeks, but she didn't send me any pics during this period. So I texted her about the pics. she told me she will send the pic on Saturday night. I keep waiting the whole weekend, still no picture from her! On Sunday afternoon I texted her again about the pictures, she said she will send me the picture on Sunday night, but still, no pictures! Two days later, I texted her againnn about the picture, at that time I'm really really uncomfortable about the unpunctual!! Finally she send the the pictures, but apparently not the up-to-date pictures. One of it is when the kittens are just born, other pic is about 3 weeks! But I still trust her, and said il wait for the kittens to be 8 weeks, and then pick the kitten.

4. On Sun, Jun 10th. Mine friends find the complaint about Kristen Avila: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/beauty-ragdolls-selling-cats-to-pet-brokers-c992715.html
To be honest, I don't believe Kristen sell kitten to pet brokers, and the poster have no evidence about it. But the replies below made me worried about it. A lot of people have the same experience as me. they never get any up-to-date update from Kristen! Like the user @Cuteme, @ Ella Rose said, they have exactly the same terrible experience as me. And @Ella Rose get a deposit refund. For now, I'm very disappointed, but still try to trust her.

5. On Wed, Jun 20th, she send me the picture of two kittens, and told me I need to pay in full before I pick the kitten!! It is ridiculous!! I already pay $500 deposit, and I need to pay in full before I saw the kittens! Because of all the unpunctual behaviors and the other customers complaint I already didn't trust this lady. So I wanna see the kittens in her house before I pay in full, but she rejected my home visited request! I cant see the kittens before I pay in full?!! And apparently she try to sell a pet quality as show quality price which is $1400, ridiculous. At this time, I didn't wanna do any business with this lady, and ask for a deposit refund. She agreed to send the deposit back at that time.

6. She told me after she sell the litter of kittens, she will send the deposit, she said she will contact me on Mon, Jun 25, but I didn't get the deposit. And then she told me Thursday Jun 28 is the latest day to send me the deposit back. But she still didn't make it.

7. Yesterday which is July 5th, she told me this Saturday a customer will come to her house to see the last kitten in this litter. But she told me she have new born kittens, she need to send the deposit back when she get deposit of all the new born kittens! What a inconsistencies!!! How a person can be so nntrustworthy!!!

At last she still think she is right, because the website said the deposit cant be refund. After so many customers complaints, she still think she did nothing wrong!!! It is not about the $500 deposit! It is all about honest, time keeping, and responsible!! $500 means nothing to me! But I can't let other people get the same terrible experience as me!

I have every single text messages and email to be evidence. It is ok to share every single one of them.

• Updated by Wang.YD, Nov 09, 2018

anyone wanna sue her, or protect our own right, pls contact me andywongpetlover@gmail.com

Wa
Jul 6, 2018

More Beauty Ragdolls Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Lo
      29th of Aug, 2018

Sorry about your experience, but did you get the deposit back, or you get the kitten? How did things going at the end?

11th of Sep, 2018

@Loveeecat Hi, thanks for your comment. she said she will send the deposit back but never did it, and her kitten absolutely not worth that price. I got a very cute Ragdoll kitten from other breeder in LA which is very professional and friendly.

31st of Aug, 2018

I got a kitten from Beauty Ragdoll as well, quite a while ago. And yes, this cattery was/is NOT professional about the business they do. I experienced similar situations where she would promise pictures/videos and did not do it until couple weeks later. I picked my cat up a month and a half after the initial date we agree on. And by that point my cat was already 5 months old, and did not have actual medical record (from a vet) of the vaccines she received. It was quite ridiculous how she kept pushing back the time I would meet the kitten. And she was quite angry all the time as well. There are so many good ragdoll cattery in CA, should have done more research and pick a better one.(

11th of Sep, 2018

@RachaelRoos Hi Rachael, sry about ur bad experience. Kristen is one of the worst person I have ever met in US for now. Thanks for sharing ur experience with others.

• Cr
      16th of Oct, 2018

I bought a kitten from beautyragdoll, the kitten does not take care well, I know a lot of clients who bought kittens from her cattery, at least have some problems with kittens because these kittens do not have good care.

• Cr
      16th of Oct, 2018
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

@crystal008 Kristen did not give the kitten's certificate for the owners who purchased the kittens. What's more, she did not take her responsibility to deal with any issues that the kitten would have. She did not reply to the owners after they found out the problems that the kittens have. I really want to know how we can report these cases to TICA or authorities of ragdoll organization. I strongly suggest that all of us should work together to let her stop ragdoll business. It's not good for all kittens' health conditions because she did not treat them well. Moreover, it is unfair for all clients and owners who bought the kittens from beauty ragdoll!

23rd of Oct, 2018

@crystal008 Hi there! I am dealing with a similar experience, I got a kitten about three months ago and she has had health issues ever since. I have spent a lot of money in vet bills. I also know of another kitten that was there with my kitten that has also had similar symptoms. What was wrong with the kitten you got? I’m trying to figure out what to do and am hoping my little one gets better and will be okay.

23rd of Oct, 2018

@Ragdoll.lover I have also not received my blue slip registration after asking multiple times. I told her about the health issue and was told not to trust the vet. But I don’t think the tests they took would lie. Hearing conflicting opinions is not making this any easier to deal with.

24th of Oct, 2018

@Ragdoll.lover Hi, sry about your experience, I saw u defending her in other post...how hypocrite one she is..
    a lot of people are cheated by her at the beginning.

24th of Oct, 2018

@Wang.YD The thing is, I don’t completely think she is a bad person with ill intentions. I feel that I have gotten to know her I the past couple of months and truly believe she does care for her cats. However that is not an excuse for lack of communication and not being able to get answers about things that were guaranteed to you. I feel there is something wrong with how she chooses to communicatie with customers and how she is choosing to run her business in that way. I’m just concerned for my cats health and any of the other cats health and hope that can be resolved and can get some answers. Unfortunately sometime that is out of all of our control as god has other plans.

I do apologize for your experience and it is unfortunate that you have not yet been able to get your deposit refunded. That is really unfair.

• Ho
      7th of Nov, 2018

@crystal008 Same! I got a kitten from her several months ago. She promised to mail me the certificate but did not. I have sent her 5 emails about this with my address. She only replied once saying she didn't receive my address though email. It's gmail service, how can the email gets lost 5 times?! About the kitten, clearly she sold a pet quality kitten for a show quality price. When I argued this point with her, she said it was my own choice and responsibility and blocked my number.

What are health issues with your kitten? I haven't seen with my own kitten, but want to be alarmed.

9th of Nov, 2018

@hopeforthebest.kitty dont buy kittens from her, lets ask our money back andywongpetlover@gmail.com

9th of Nov, 2018

@hopeforthebest.kitty if u still choose to trust her, you will lose more. Don't buy kitten from her, write another complaints and let more and more people know what a horrible person she is.