Beauty Ragdolls / bad ragdoll purchasing experience with beauty ragdolls owner kristen avila
I have a very bad and frustrated experience with Kristen Avila, the owner of Beatuty Ragdoll cattery. I am a international student, graduated for around 1 year. Within the four years in US everybody is so nice and help me a lot, so when the first time I found Kristen's website, I thought she is a very responsible, honest nice breeder, I pay her $500 deposit without hesitated. But the bad experience started:
1. On Wed, Feb 21 I pay her the $500 deposit. She said she will send me the contract tomorrow noon which is Thu, Feb 22. But I didn't get it on that day, and night she said she will send me the contract tomorrow(again), which is Fri, Feb 23. But again I didn't get it. On Saturday, I texted her again, and finally she send me the contract.
Because I am a punctual person, this made me very uncomfortable. Maybe she think it is a small thing, But I think all of us should be punctual, u set up a time, you should make it. I still trust her.
2. She said kittens be coming in late March and April, and I definitely will get one from this litter. When the kitten were born, she didn't email me, and I email to ask, she told me she will know the color when kittens grown up, and let me wait.
3. On Thu, May 10th, the kittens are 6~7 weeks, but she didn't send me any pics during this period. So I texted her about the pics. she told me she will send the pic on Saturday night. I keep waiting the whole weekend, still no picture from her! On Sunday afternoon I texted her again about the pictures, she said she will send me the picture on Sunday night, but still, no pictures! Two days later, I texted her againnn about the picture, at that time I'm really really uncomfortable about the unpunctual!! Finally she send the the pictures, but apparently not the up-to-date pictures. One of it is when the kittens are just born, other pic is about 3 weeks! But I still trust her, and said il wait for the kittens to be 8 weeks, and then pick the kitten.
4. On Sun, Jun 10th. Mine friends find the complaint about Kristen Avila: https://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/beauty-ragdolls-selling-cats-to-pet-brokers-c992715.html
To be honest, I don't believe Kristen sell kitten to pet brokers, and the poster have no evidence about it. But the replies below made me worried about it. A lot of people have the same experience as me. they never get any up-to-date update from Kristen! Like the user @Cuteme, @ Ella Rose said, they have exactly the same terrible experience as me. And @Ella Rose get a deposit refund. For now, I'm very disappointed, but still try to trust her.
5. On Wed, Jun 20th, she send me the picture of two kittens, and told me I need to pay in full before I pick the kitten!! It is ridiculous!! I already pay $500 deposit, and I need to pay in full before I saw the kittens! Because of all the unpunctual behaviors and the other customers complaint I already didn't trust this lady. So I wanna see the kittens in her house before I pay in full, but she rejected my home visited request! I cant see the kittens before I pay in full?!! And apparently she try to sell a pet quality as show quality price which is $1400, ridiculous. At this time, I didn't wanna do any business with this lady, and ask for a deposit refund. She agreed to send the deposit back at that time.
6. She told me after she sell the litter of kittens, she will send the deposit, she said she will contact me on Mon, Jun 25, but I didn't get the deposit. And then she told me Thursday Jun 28 is the latest day to send me the deposit back. But she still didn't make it.
7. Yesterday which is July 5th, she told me this Saturday a customer will come to her house to see the last kitten in this litter. But she told me she have new born kittens, she need to send the deposit back when she get deposit of all the new born kittens! What a inconsistencies!!! How a person can be so nntrustworthy!!!
At last she still think she is right, because the website said the deposit cant be refund. After so many customers complaints, she still think she did nothing wrong!!! It is not about the $500 deposit! It is all about honest, time keeping, and responsible!! $500 means nothing to me! But I can't let other people get the same terrible experience as me!
I have every single text messages and email to be evidence. It is ok to share every single one of them.
Updated by Wang.YD, Nov 09, 2018
anyone wanna sue her, or protect our own right, pls contact me firstname.lastname@example.org