BeautiStone / Fraud and scam

United States Review updated:
4.4

I would like to apologize to all the customers I sold Beautistone products. I had no idea what the company was really like. I only worked with Beautistone for four months and received no training. I had no knowledge of all the past customers with product problems that received no help. I spoke with quite a few that never even got a call back for service? If you are thinking of a sales career with Beautistone beware that you will not receive all your commissions and your last month of expense reimbursement will not be paid.

Once they made the decision that the Detroit market was no longer profitable they stopped all mailings and advertisements and stopped paying me. They strung me out for a month giving me an appointment here and there till they stopped getting call ins, then they let me go. When I asked for my final payment of close to $10, 000. they said I owed them $8, 000.

If you are considering having Beautistone do work for you, especially in Michigan... Don't do it. There are plenty of good company's out there that would love your business and stand behind their product. This company will not!
Va

More BeautiStone Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Vi
  15th of Mar, 2009
This is a simple case of an under achieving sales employee using the internet to vent his frustration over his short-comings. I am the Sales Manager for Beautistone Inc. and would like to set the story straight. This sales rep was hired in the Detroit area, trained, worked numerous home and garden shows with other veteran sales reps, attended all sales seminars the company scheduled, given sales policies that states the pay structure, and given a very large territory.
After two months, and during the busiest time of the sales year, he was no where near his sales goals. This under-achieving was brought to his attention numerous times and he responded by spending more time at the golf course.
Things did change in the third month of employment. The sales orders starting coming in and we felt that this sales rep was "catching on". Our installations were scheduled approximately three weeks from the time of the sale. We found out that the reason he started producing was that he was selling at a reduced cost. Our pricing is based off of square footage of the existing concrete and his measurements were not even close. We installed a pool deck that he measured at 1200 square feet and in actuality it was 1700 square feet. These obvious mistakes were piling up. According to our sales policy, that rep will receive no commission on jobs that are mismeasured. It was an easy decision to release this sales rep. He was on a draw and received a weekly pay check. After adding up what the Company had previously paid him and the dollar amount of blatent mistakes he made, he actually owed the Company money, which we did not pursue. If anybody would like to dispute or talk about this issue, please contact Beautistone, I have documents proving all of above.
Ke
  20th of Mar, 2009
This company has moved out of Detroit and Columbus, so when your floor fails (which it will) good luck getting them to come back to fix it.
Ka
  8th of Jun, 2009
At this stage, I have to agree with Kenny. Unfortunately, we have a Beautistone patio which cost many thousands of dollars and which is literally disintegrating -- and, yes, we are in Michigan. Our efforts to reach a live body at their corporate offices have been unsuccessful; their published e-mail address has been discontinued; and we will see what happens with an e-mail we recently sent to their advertising site asking them to call us ASAP. Their people serviced our patio multiple times last year (it's not even 2 years old as of this writing) & admitted on their last visit that they would have to return this summer to make things right. Unfortunately, they no longer have an office in Michigan. We'll see what response we get and whether they are willing to make good on their promises or whether we need to look into legal measures as well as reports to the Ohio BBB and various state agencies.
Bo
  5th of Aug, 2009
WE HAD OUR POOL DECK DONE 2 YEARS AGO THIS SUMMER. LAST YEAR THEY WERE OUT TWICE TO DO SOME REPAIRS. PEELING, CRACKS. THIS YEAR IS EVEN WORSE. CALLED BEATUISTONE IN FEBURARY 09 AND WAS TOLD THAT REPAIRS WOULD NOT START TILL JUNE. CALLED JUNE 16 LADY THERE SAID SHE WILL SCHEDULE AND WILL CALL . CALLED AGAIN JUNE 29TH HAD NO ANSWER BUT LEFT A MESSAGE TO GET BACK WITH ME. NO RESPONSE. CALLED AGAIN JULY 1 NO ANSWER COULD NOT EVEN LEAVE A MESSAGE AS ANSWERING MACHINE MUST HAVE BEEN TURNED OFF. CALLED ONCE AGAIN JULY 15 SAME AS JULY 1. CALLED JULY 27 NO ANSWER BUT WAS ABLE TO LEAVE A MESSAGE. FINNALLY GOT TO TALK TO SOME ONE TODAY AUGUST 5 SAID THEY WOULD BE IN THE AREA NEXT WEEK AUGUST 10-14 TO DO REPAIRS. WE'LL SEE. THERE IS MORE TO THIS STORY, FROM THE TIME THE SALESMAN ARRIVED AND GUARENTEED A 5 YEAR WARRANTY TO THE TIME THE APPLICATION WAS APPLIED, WITH I QUESTIONED AT THE TIME, TO WHEN THEY CAME OUT TWICE TO REPAIR EVEN PUTTING DOWN DIFFERNT COLORED STONE THAN WHAT WAS DOWN ORIGINALLY. LEAST TO SAY I FOR ONE AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER.
  25th of Aug, 2009
Well lets just put it this way, they know their product is total junk. Vince the owner will tell you its the best in the business but it is far from that.

Salesmen will sell it to anyone and in reality if your concrete is falling apart or is harmed in anyway this epoxy won't fix it. They think it will fix anything but it's only as good as your concrete is.

Nature Stone (their biggest competitor) won't do any more outdoor stone because they know that it won't hold up under the extreme weather conditions Ohio and Michigan have. All though they have problems too it is a lot less since they quit doing it outdoors.

All I can say is hopefully something will come about all this and all of us who have been ripped off will be reimbursed somehow someway.

By the way I have spoke with someone who use to work for Beautistone and he said they have more repairs with the previous stone jobs than they have new stone jobs.
  25th of Aug, 2009
Also he told me that Beautistone had started a new company called watertuff. Their phone number there is 216/751/7790. Their website is www.watertuff.com
Pa
  22nd of Sep, 2009
I have read the complaints about Beautistone, and can relate to all of the complaints. My file is so thick with phone calls, letters, and photos. This company is very unprofessional. I, too, have spent much money on covering my concrete which is a mess. It's obvious, Beautistone does not what they are suppose to do!!!
Il
  13th of Sep, 2010
After reading these
Il
  13th of Sep, 2010
After reading these terrible reviews I had to post a comment. I have had BeautiStone installed for 5 years on a back patio and it has held up perfectly. Every year I have resealed since it is necessary because of the sun. I had a minor crack last year and when I called to report it, the lady who answered the phone was very helpful. She explained without seeing it she would not be able to determine whether it would be covered under our warranty. My husband and myself DID read the warranty at the time of purchase. We also understand that NOT even a concrete company will give a warranty so it would be pretty hard for them to warranty the product on a faulty surface. She also was clear that it could take 4 to 6 weeks before the repair will be done and that would be weather permitting. They are a seasonal business and the weather has everything to do with being able to do repairs.

I suggest all people to read the warranty before purchasing. After seeing the comments, I am thinking that these customers did NOT. I would recommend it if you are willing to maintain it like the directions suggest.
Le
  4th of Jun, 2011
Glade i seen this will not wast my money with beautistone
Pl
  7th of Jun, 2011
We had beautistone done five years ago and, my husband and I are very pleased, we also, have them back yearly to reseal it.
No problems. My walkway and front porch is beautiful.

pleased in pittsburgh
Ma
  16th of Feb, 2012
We purchased our Beautistone back a few years in Pittsburgh. We paid $1, 000's. I am not sure where to even start. First they were messy and left a big dried spill of epoxy on my driveway, they splattered epoxy all over my brand new storm door. We still have one step that they could not get the stone to stick to. The technician said he would come back and didn't. We would call. They would come back later and still not be able to fix it. Got to the point that we are just living with it the way they left it. Customer satisfaction for installation takes a back seat to new installation. No return calls, no scheduling of someone to come out and fix it until it was right - and this was upon installation, but of course after we had paid! The Beautistone was perfect at first, but did not weather well. It even hazed on a porch that doesn't get any sunlight or weather and it faded tremendously. We have found also that they did not install the product on our porch level, it dips in the middle so when I hose off my porch it ponds in the center. We found out just how bad this was last summer when we tried to build a deck off of the side porch and it wasn't level at all. I would never recommend this company to anyone. It isn't what they advertise it to be. So disappointed but now left to deal with it.
  28th of Feb, 2013
www.beautifloordesigns.com this is their new website and they are going under a different name Simon Surfaces. Beautistone's parent company is Simon Roofing.

I wonder if they changed names if they have to honor their crap products that they are still selling? I know of people to this day that Beautistone wont honor the 5 year warranty that the customer paid for.

If Vince still runs this business for Simon Roofing (his uncle) then Im sure it will go down the tubes just like before.

Beauti Stone Logo Beauti Stone