Beautiful Moments Photography / Unprofessional Service

1 Castle Hill, New South Wales, Australia Review updated:

Cathy Crawley from Beautiful Moments Photography took my wedding photos. Prior to the wedding she promised several services that she did not deliver on. When she was questioned nicely over these false promises she turned ugly! She deleted all our engagement photos without consultation, just because she was angry. And even threatened to delete all our wedding photos. All of a sudden there became all of these extra costs. It was like dealing with a child. She screamed at us and called us abusive names. In one conversation she said "I’m sick of doing tight ### virgin weddings". She also said "I can treat people however I like, that's why I own my own business". She also said she went above and beyond for our engagment shoot and our wedding!! But hold was that not part of our package!?! She gave us one free photo from the engagement shoot and that was it. Big deal! She designed us a 30 page wedding album instead of a 20 page album as per our contract. She was hoping that we would pay for the extra 10 pages but we didn't want to. We just wanted what we had paid for. She then insisted that we could just delete the extra pages but she would charge for any photo changes. We had absolutely no say of what photos went in the album. If we wanted to add or change photos it would cost a large amount. She also said in our meetings leading up to the wedding that she will be bringing a second photographer. In her exact words “yeah don’t worry my photographer assistant will be available on the day of your wedding”. I didn’t expect a second photographer, however don’t promise if you can’t deliver. One of our groomsman then had to lug her bag and other belongings around whilst we were having wedding photos. We were also shown some samples of photo cards with the link to view the wedding photos that Cathy puts on tables at the wedding reception. This never turned up. When Cathy questioned said “This was ordered but never turned up” Um I think she forgot because we are still waiting for them and it’s been over a year. Cathy said this wasn’t part of our package. When we FINALLY collected our wedding album she apologised for being a ###. At least there is one thing this experience has taught me and that is you must get EVERYTHING in writing.
Don't be fooled by her niceness! Cathy shouldn't be in this business if she can't handle any criticism.
My advice to Cathy would be don’t promise the world and deliver an atlas!

More Beautiful Moments Photography Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Cathy Crawley took my wedding photos. Prior to the wedding she promised several services that she did not deliver on. When she was questioned nicely over these false promises she turned ugly! She deleted all our engagement photos without consultation, just because she was angry. And even threatened to delete all our wedding photos. All of a sudden there became all of these extra costs. It was like dealing with a child. She screamed at us and called us abusive names. In one conversation she said "I’m sick of doing tight ### virgin weddings". She also said "I can treat people however I like, that's why I own my own business". She also said she went above and beyond for our engagment shoot and our wedding!! But hold was that not part of our package!?! She gave us one free photo from the engagement shoot and that was it. Big deal! She designed us a 30 page wedding album instead of a 20 page album as per our contract. She was hoping that we would pay for the extra 10 pages but we didn't want to. We just wanted what we had paid for. She then insisted that we could just delete the extra pages but she would charge for any photo changes. We had absolutely no say of what photos went in the album. If we wanted to add or change photos it would cost a large amount. She also said in our meetings leading up to the wedding that she will be bringing a second photographer. In her exact words “yeah don’t worry my photographer assistant will be available on the day of your wedding”. I didn’t expect a second photographer, however don’t promise if you can’t deliver. One of our groomsman then had to lug her bag and other belongings around whilst we were having wedding photos. We were also shown some samples of photo cards with the link to view the wedding photos that Cathy puts on tables at the wedding reception. This never turned up. When Cathy questioned said “This was ordered but never turned up” Um I think she forgot because we are still waiting for them and it’s been over a year. Cathy said this wasn’t part of our package. When we FINALLY collected our wedding album she apologised for being a ###. At least there is one thing this experience has taught me and that is you must get EVERYTHING in writing.
    My advice to Cathy would be don’t promise the world and deliver an atlas!

• Ke
      Dec 08, 2012

We had Cathy do our wedding and couldn't disagree with you more. She gave us extra gifts, a free engagement session and even lent us some of her props from her own private collection for no extra charge. It is very well spelt out in the contract what pages would cost if we wanted to upgrade at any time and we were aware from our first meeting that she would do an album design including all our best shots, we would then decide which pages to keep and which pages to delete. We felt very informed and very well looked after.